TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 20, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: The Bachelor / Bachelorette: Other Recent Bachelors/Bachelorettes: Bachelor Ben - General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 20, 2012 users admin

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Maybe "he'll see the light" when he listens to the Women Tell All show. Somewhere along the way he has to come to his senses. Doesn't he? Wow, that man is delusional and rather pathetic. I don't think I'd want someone who was so easily manipulated. Get a backbone Ben.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Auntiemike, at this point it's most likely too late, if he did pick C. This show was probably wrapped up a couple of months ago, and he's already made his final choice. By the time the WTA is filmed, it's basically all over except for the airing of the final episode. WTA won't make any difference. He is watching the show now, though, and seeing her behavior along with the rest of us. If she was his final choice, I can't believe he'd find that attractive. Or maybe he's still living in delusional "I'm dating a model!" Land.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well it wasn't the first thing I thought of but I am curious to see what Courtney's mother and sister are like and how they treat Ben.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The hometown dates are always fun. Some of the families don't seem to film well. (Remember the dad who wanted to show one of the women his basement? Creepy!!!) I can't wait either!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Auntiemike, this season finished filming some time back in November.

Ben is under some sort of "Bachelor/People.com" contract where he obviously can't give away too much about what he thinks when he's watching this. However, I was reading a couple of articles last week - one by a close friend of Ben's who said Ben is shocked at Courtney's behavior. Another article said the producers are extremely pissed because Courtney pulled the wool over their eyes when she auditioned (this coming on the heels of Courtney's boyfriend saying they got engaged before the show started, but she needed three months off for "girl time." Then it really sucks for Casey, who got kicked off because of a guy she hadn't dated in a year but the producers needed drama and had to send someone home so they manufactured that B.S.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - Oh that bit with the Dad who wanted to show Ali his basement was hilarious! I love this show.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
All I can say is I hope Ben shows some remorse at how he was played. Because if he doesn't, once it's all been revealed, then he's even more pathetic (good word, Auntie!) than I thought originally.

And since I never saw the season he was on and got rejected, my initial impression of him as being pathetic was formed just based on what I saw the first episode or two.

I did hear the producers are seriously mad at how that woman has deceived them. They though she was really interested in Ben and in finding true love. Apparently, this is how she snags all the men she dates. I'm guessing she's going to have some problems going forward, unless the man wants to play the rich sugar daddy role. At which time, then we know what he's paying for, yes?

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I had a very difficult time finding this thread...anyone else?

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Ben visited Lindzi first and she opened up to him that he is only the second guy she has ever brought home to meet her parents. She was with him for 2 years and they lived together. Lindzi's parents are wonderful people, down to earth and her father is a lot of fun, and they seem to be wealthy with their horse farm. Ben has her father's permission to ask her to marry him. Ben has feelings for her.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Lindzi's parents were married at City Hall in San Francisco and that was where Ben and Lindzi had their first date. Good omen.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Thanks for spoiling, Jag!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Kacie's HT date is next..she met him at a football field with the band playing and she was marching and baton twirling. Her father doesn't drink and is in some sort of law enforcement and Ben is a little scared. Her dad is very skeptical about this whole process but if she is not the one, let her know now. Her parents are strict but I think more protective in a way. They really don't want her to move to S.F. and if she did, she could not live with him before marriage. I don't think her father gave his permission to marry her. Kacie knows it didn't go well.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I am most interested in hearing your impressions of the family unit of Courtney. I cannot WAIT to hear your impressions!!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Ben went to visit Nicki in Texas and she took him shopping for boots, hat, the whole western look. Nicki was married before and knows her parent's will have questions about their relationship. Her parents have been divorced a long, long time. Her mother likes Ben better than her first husband. Nicki is really, really in love with Ben. Her father doesn't want to let her down again by giving Ben permission to marry her like he did the first time, but is supportive of their relationship. Nicki told Ben she loves him...Ben said "really".

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha... "Ben said 'really'." Hahahahaha!!

Geez, the dude does need better script writers!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Reenie on the front page go to Forums (under Super Links) then to Reality TV and then to Bachelor

Reenie

06-24-2006

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Ahhhhh Thank You Dogdoc...I haven't done that before!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
You're welcome Reenie.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I want to straighten out that tablecloth at Courtney's house!

Gumby

08-14-2004

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
Courtney's family wasn't nearly as bad as what I expected. They actually seemed normal. Mom doesn't look very friendly, but seemed fine with Ben and just wants Courtney to be happy.

What surprised me the most was when Courtney said she feels bad at how she's treated the other girls.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
On to Arizona..Courtney feels badly about how she treated the other girls, really, she said this just to the TV. Ben is worried about the fact that Courtney didn't get along with the other girls. Courtney's mother has always been right when it has to do with her relationships. Courtney's father can't wait until she gets married..he wants grand kids. Ben makes Courtney feel appreciated, not like the other guys in her past. Her family loves him but she is afraid to tell him how she feels. Her parents seem pretty normal. Courtney and Ben opened up to each other and he said he definitely wants to get married..my phone just rang.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
So did Courtney look like she really meant she felt badly? Or was it a form of saving face for future? She didn't clue Ben in, though, did she? If she said it only to the cam, I mean.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Missed the last 1/2 hour, but taped it. Kacie went home. No surprise. Courtney said it only to the camera.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Kacie is too sweet for him. Bet she is glad she is out after watching this season!

Muffin

08-29-2007

Monday, February 20, 2012 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Am I the only one who noticed that Ben kept calling Lindzi's dad Harry, but when she introduced Ben to him she said his name is John. No one corrected Ben!
I got the feeling that Courtney's parents are like Coutney and were playing to the cameras. I wasn't impressed.
All I kept looking at was Ben's hair. This guy needs a real makeover!