TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 18, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Feedback Forum: Suggestions and Comments: Archive through May 18, 2011 users admin

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
I say talk about the show all you want, (but if you could put ...'s or----'s or :-)'s for the first 10 or 12 characters so it does not show up when checking new messages) but keep it in that show's thread. I would just request that no spoiling be done in any other thread. Or if there is, just use a handy dandy box like Serate used above.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
my feelings are... if the show has been shown on the west coast, and you don't want to know what has happened... then stay off the site. people are going to have conversations in general places. I admit that we can request that you don't talk about Amazing Race in Survivor.. but not in the General conversations or personal folders sections.

example: let's say you watch American Idol, but can't watch the results show for a couple of days... are you going to ask Yahoo not to post as one of their lead in stories who got kicked off until you watch the show? no, you just can't do that. but there it is for the world to see every thursday night after the show has aired on the west coast.

Serate

08-21-2001

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
I agree with Landileigh

Spoiler
Wow I'm a poet and didn't know it!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure why some people have a burning desire to discuss shows like Survivor outside of the show area?

Anyway, as Kar mentioned, we'll get this sorted out and try to make everyone happy (LOL - I'm an optimist). :-)

Serate

08-21-2001

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
Spoiler
Jimmer I'm not really sure it's a burning desire to discuss shows outside of the show area. I just happens sometimes. & while it really doesn't matter to me, I just wanted the rules clarified, I do think it's interesting for lack of a better word to expect no discussions anywhere but the show thread so a person won't get spoiled when a person can get spoiled just by opening his/her browser. Or watching TV. Or listening to the radio. For example, we didn't watch Celebrity Apprentice until Tuesday. But Monday evening on the radio I found out that John Rich's charity received the money. So I w/o watching the show, I knew John Rich was project manager, the men's team won, and the women lost. TVCH isn't the only place people can get spoiled.

If the rule is changed to no discussion outside of the show's thread, is this going to pertain to Big Brother too? While nothing in big brother is considered a spoiler, it still would be considered discussion outside of the thread to talk about it in members folders, RN thread, etc.

Holly

07-21-2001

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
<I'm not sure why some people have a burning desire to discuss shows like Survivor outside of the show area?>

I don't think anyone has such a burning desire. We simply want the posting rules clarified. At least I do. If you look right now in the Survivor thread, tonight's show was spoiled over an hour ago, even though the west coast still hasn't seen it. Same thing happens every week DWTS etc. and personally I don't have any problem with it. I just wouldn't come here if I don't want to be spoiled. Yet the posting rule as it stands at the moment--see Kar's 10:19 post states not to spoil until all time zones have seen the show. So, do you see the confusion? I'm happy to stick with any rule you make btw, but it seems to me that every should be on the same page.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
I don't know either Jimmer! Hope we can come to a happy agreement.

It stinks to just to have to wait, (to view my fav shows) but then to be spoiled on top of it, stinks even more! I would hate to have my only option to not get spoiled is not come to any threads! (When we had a working recording device, I would just stay away from here til late that same evening-cuz I could watch it after kids went to bed/before I went to bed, but that is a luxury that is gone for the time being!!)

It's hard to train my eyes to not look at any of the new message "starts" in certain shows. That is why I would love a --- or a ... for any major spoils in the first sentence of a post. But that is just me.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
I just wouldn't come here if I don't want to be spoiled.

You see, that would mean I would have to choose between my favorite TV shows or my favorite website!!

Holly

07-21-2001

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Well, life's all about choices, isn't it?

Holly

07-21-2001

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
<When we had a working recording device, I would just stay away from here til late that same evening-cuz I could watch it after kids went to bed/before I went to bed, but that is a luxury that is gone for the time being!!)>

Well, wouldn't Hulu work just the same? Or is it not posted on Hulu until the next day?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Holly, I"m sorry my post was muddy! FWIW, if someone posts in the thread about the show while it is being shown on the east coast, that has never been against the rules. In fact, people are *invited* to spoil the show there!

I should have said that you can't post about the show anywhere *except that show's thread* until it has aired across all time zones.

Sorry to have added to the confusion.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Yes, Not posted on Hulu til at least the next day... some shows even longer.

Holly

07-21-2001

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Kar, so if we're allowed to disclose the winner/loser of these reality shows right out in the open, in plain sight as the very show is unfolding rather than in a specific "spoiler thread" like Survivor has, how can it be a problem if someone runs across that information 3 days later? I must be missing the point or something, honestly I must. But that's OK, I'll just read those threads from now on and stay safe.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
LOL.. started reading.. and stopped because I saw the word Survivor and it only started 4 min ago here and I DO want to watch before being spoiled.

Will return later. But I don't use browsers that spoil on the front page.. I can avoid clicking on links.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Julieboo, check Craigslist for a used VCR. I got a nice Curtis Mathis from there last year. It had been in a motorhome.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The rule has always been that it is okay to "spoil" or discuss a show in the show's thread as the show is airing on the East Coast. So West Coaster's who are interested in being spoiled for Survivor or the Amazing Race or The Apprentice or Dancing With the Stars will go to each of those threads to get that information. However, they don't expect to see posts about Survivor in the American Idol thread.

Also Survivor and Idol are on at the same time. Perhaps our hypothetical viewer decides to watch AI live and record Survivor for later viewing that evening. So she is happily posting and discussing American Idol in the American Idol thread. She doesn't want to read a post in the American Idol thread that states who was eliminated from Survivor.

Anyway, we're still sorting this out and will have something more definite soon regarding discussion of older shows that have been available for viewing across the country including the West Coast.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Drum roll .... So here is our "official" position on this. :-)

As I just mentioned, the rule has always been that it is okay to "spoil" or discuss a show in the show's thread as the show is airing on the East Coast. So West Coaster's who are interested in being spoiled for Survivor or the Amazing Race or The Apprentice or Dancing With the Stars will go to each of those threads to get that information. However, they don't expect to see posts about Survivor in the American Idol thread. So please do not post about shows outside of the show thread on the night the show is aired.

We ask you to be especially considerate and careful the night of a show. We do remove spoilers on show nights from other parts of the board until a reasonable time has passed. There is no set limit, but we will remove them when/if we find them the night of the show. We at least want to give a fair chance to the West Coasters waiting for the show to air. We are not perfect and we cannot watch every thread for spoilers, so we just ask everyone to continue to be respectful to their fellow posters.

While we encourage people to stay reasonably on topic and post within the thread topics, we understand that after a show has been available for viewing across the entire country there may inevitably be occasional references to the show in general discussion threads. People should view the board with that understanding.

Thanks!

Serate

08-21-2001

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
Spoiler
Thanks for the clarification!

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
LOL Serate! Sounds reasonable Jimmer!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    

Kar, Jimsky, and Co.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
What MB said!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I saw a bunch of nice looking VCRs today at the Salvation Army Family Store.. didn't check the prices.. guess I should have. But they are available and reasonable out there. My last one crunched a tape so it is not available.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thanks for your hard work, mods. Just drop me an e-mail letting me know what threads I have been banned from. It's getting so I cam barely keep track of it.

Ack!!

Oh, I didn't even think of the thrift stores. Of course there would be a lot of VCR's there, as people go to DVR's and total cable.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Monday, May 09, 2011 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Thanks for making the board members only! I like it better that way!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, May 18, 2011 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Given we discuss many different TV shows; then we get a hiatus and the topic floats to the bottom or gets archives and that causes it to be unpostable (so we'd have to start a new thread again); could we do folders within "Other TV shows" dividing into either networks (ABC, CBS, Syfy, etc) or style (drama, comedy, miniseries, etc)?
Just a thought.