TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 27, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Feedback Forum: Suggestions and Comments: Archive through April 27, 2011 users admin

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, March 31, 2011 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yay Julieboo!! Yay Draheid!

Jimmer, thanks for the offer, but I am getting ready to leave again on another trip, and don't have the time or interest. I only post a couple pictures a year. The 128 Mb limit should be fine for my needs.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Friday, April 01, 2011 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
HELP!!!!! Mods!!!! HELP!!!! In the games thread one lie and one truth ... I made the page big!!! Thanks in advance!!!

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, April 01, 2011 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Done and you're welcome.

Serate

08-21-2001

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
changed my mind.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Having kids that keep me away from TV most days until they are fast asleep later in the evening, and no working mode of recording, I have to wait at least a day or longer before I can see most of my shows (Usually on HULU). Because of this, I would totally vote for no discussion (for say at least a week) of any particular show outside that show's thread.

I did get spoiled with the week's TAR by reading things in the rn thread. Didn't expect that, but it would just keep me coming here more often if I didn't need to worry about spoiling so much.

It is worse for me now since our VCR broke about a month or so ago (yes, I said VCR-what can I say, we're strapped these days!! But at least there is always HULU!)

So there's my 2 cents!!

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 8:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Oh, thanks Serate!! Now I look like I am coming out of left field!! :-) Will leave this anyways, for what it is worth!!

Serate

08-21-2001

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
Julie didn't realize my post was up long enough for anybody to read it. So here it is.

Rn perhaps the spoiling rules can be more specific to say one is not allowed to talk about a show anywhere but the thread designated for it? To me, and others it seems, the following quote can be interpreted to mean one can talk about the show after the West coast showing anywhere, except for maybe other show threads. If that is not the case, shouldn't it say something to the effect that television shows should be talked about ONLY in the thread designated to them no matter when the episode has been broadcast? And then the rest of the rule about it not being a spoiler if it has aired on the East Coast.

quote:

Any information aired on TV during the East Coast showing of the show is not a spoiler, provided that the information is posted in the show's thread/area. For example, we don't post information about Survivor in Grey's Anatomy threads and vice versa

Serate

08-21-2001

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
Doesn't matter to me which way, just if we are not supposed to talk ANYWHERE on TVCH about a show except for in it's own thread, the rules need to be more specific in my HUMBLE opinion. Too much room for interpretation on a rule that bothers some people. Throwing that it's ok to talk about it after the East coast airs in the thread only, lead me and others to think it was ok after the show was aired on the West coast that we could talk about it anywhere. It seems we were wrong so all I am asking for is a bit more clarification in the rules so others who did not see the conversation in the RN thread would know too.

FWIW my take on getting spoiled after the show has been broadcast. I don't watch Celebrity Apprentice until Monday or Tuesday because I like to watch it with my hubby, and he gets up at 5:30am, so watching TV till 11 is too late for him. I stay away from the CA thread on this board and another I frequent. BUT if I were to get spoiled online anywhere before I watch it, I personally think it's not anybody's fault that I haven't watched the show and decided to get online.

and DARN IT I couldn't "accidently" get spoiled ANYWHERE when I wanted to see if Gary Bussey FINALLY got the ax last week!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
FWIW, Serate it is correct that you are prohibited from talking about the show anywhere until it has aired *everywhere*.

Once it has aired across the states, it's not a "spoiler", since everyone has had an opportunity to view it.

Sometimes people choose not to, and sometimes I've seen an ending I didn't want to see either, but trying to police the entire board for mentions of shows for up to a week after they've aired would be extremely difficult and extremely difficult to enforce.

Holly

07-21-2001

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
OK, Karuuna, now I'm confused again. Does your post mean that as long as the show has aired all across the states, then we CAN discuss it in any thread? Sorry, but now really unclear again about the rule.

Serate

08-21-2001

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
That's what I thought Karuuna. But in the RN thread we were lead to believe otherwise from mods when a post was made Monday morning about a show that was aired Sunday night. Just trying to clarify the rules. Thanks!

Serate

08-21-2001

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
Uh, just read Holly's post. I'm confused again.

Holly

07-21-2001

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Sorry if I've confused you now Serate but I need to ask.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
We're trying to figure it out. :-) As I recall, we asked people not to post 'the same night' in other areas of the board.

It's just not something that comes up that often!

Serate

08-21-2001

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
As I recall, we asked people not to post 'the same night' in other areas of the board.

That's what I remember.

I also remember something about BEETS!

Holly

07-21-2001

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
<We're trying to figure it out. As I recall, we asked people not to post 'the same night' in other areas of the board.>

That would make sense, imo. If people don't get around to seeing the show for 3-4 days or a week later, then I don't think it's reasonable to expect no spoilers (after it's aired across the country) on a site that's about TV shows!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But it does mean that if you wait a day due to several shows and needing to perhaps get to bed and work or be active (not in front of tv) until the next evening, then you have to basically stay off so many threads if people are spoiling shows with results in places like right now .. I guess I spoke out of turn when Mame was blindsided with a spoil of results and I commented that I was glad I had already seen that show.

And I see here that Julie was also spoiled in that same thread.

I personally think it is reasonable to not post spoilers in non TV threads, but that is personal, not anything official, clearly :-)

Personally, if I was posting in RN or threads like that I might say "I was so happpy/upset/pissed off by the results tonight on <name of show> I couldn't sleep/eat/see straight.. which might lead others over to the thread for that show .. but again, that is just me and I AM one who records a ton of shows, tries hard to watch shows with results, especially those I chart but real life does interfere at times. And we do have lots of areas having nothing to do with tv, despite our name and major emphasis on tv.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
My name is MB and I heartily approve of Sea's post. ;)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
By our official posted definition of spoilers, anything that is "widely available" on tv, news, or other internet sites, for a show that has aired in all time zones, is not a "spoiler." :-)

For me personally, being on Facebook, reading news headlines daily and seeing commercials for what's coming next on various shows, I'd have to go hide in a hole if I considered all those things spoilers. LOL.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
<hidden in a hole> I guess. Maybe the only person in the world NOT on facebook.

Serate

08-21-2001

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
Thank you for the clarification Karuuna.

Holly

07-21-2001

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Ditto :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
To be clear, we are revisiting the issue, as I posted.

Times change, and sometimes we have to modify our guidelines to suit them!

So give us a day or two, okay?

Serate

08-21-2001

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Ok will do.