TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Rule Change - We Heard Ya' – Lighte...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Feedback Forum: Rule Change - We Heard Ya' – Lightening Up and Allowing More Leeway users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 20, 2009Texannie25 03-20-09  4:47 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-31-2000

Friday, March 20, 2009 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Twinkie, I was just clarifying. You also implied that you had to be nice all the time, which isn't true and never has been. Criticism has *always* been allowed.

Ginger, LOL.

Texannie, no, that's not likely. We don't use our names so people don't take it personally. We are also posters here, and we like to have personal interaction as well. It's hard enough being the hall monitor and not have that get in the way of friendships and just hanging out and chatting about stuff. Besides, I get enough hate mail as it is. I'm not whining, just stating that there are some really mean people out there who take it upon themselves to attack us personally and quite viciously and anonymously. We really think we'd like some insulation to deflect some of that. I hope you understand.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Friday, March 20, 2009 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
So all that time I could have said something like "Donald Trump (or whoever) is being a jerk." And it would not have been modded?

Pamy

01-02-2002

Friday, March 20, 2009 - 5:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think you had to say DT is acting/behaving like a jerk for it to be ok in past.

Now you can say DT is a jerk. I cant believe he fired that person.

...I hope that's right, if not a friendly mod will come and correct me :-)

I truly love all the mods here, I try and follow the rules but if I happen to see I have been modded I just move along. Rarely do I email them and ask why or get pissed. Icant imagine what their 'job' is like, people emailing them complaining about other posters, etc. Worst part is their 'job' doesn't pay a dime!

Thanks MODS you rock!!!

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Friday, March 20, 2009 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
No Pamy, Kar herself wrote this (which surprised me and is why I wrote what I did):

one person says he's a jerk when clearly referring to someone's behavior on a tv show (which wasn't permitted before) and he's being a jerk (which was permitted).

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 20, 2009 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's a good explanation, Pamy.

It will be fine now as long as the person posting it provides some reasonable context with respect to Trump's actions that support that statement.

Just a general suggestion to everyone that while this is new please don't stress over it. Let's not worry about the past. Let's just see how it works now. :-)

Pamy

01-02-2002

Friday, March 20, 2009 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Julie, the quote of Kar's you just posted is what I was explaining. Reread her post and you will see it's the same thing as I just explained.

Jimmer, I agree, I have people at work that freak out/over analyse over something that may never even affect them. I say just roll with it and see what happends

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Friday, March 20, 2009 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Sorry Pamy, guess I read your post too fast! Or hers.. Or something. My 9 year old is wearing me out. The three year old is delightful though. And I am slap happy and this whole more leeway thing confuses my pea-brain. I think I need some ice cream.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 20, 2009 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - Ice cream is good!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-31-2000

Friday, March 20, 2009 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Ice cream is good!

Julie, sorry if I was unclear. I think Pamy and Jimmer explained it well. It might have been more clear that in the past you HAD to say Trump is acting like a jerk to be permitted. Now you could say something like. I can't believe he said that to her. What a jerk!

Does that help?

I think in general we're just trying to lighten up a bit, as we said, without allowing it to go overboard.

So, like Pamy says, just go with it. And if you do get moderated, try to just roll with it. If you get a warning however, pay attention.

Beekindpleez

07-18-2006

Friday, March 20, 2009 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beekindpleez a private message Print Post    
Ice cream is a jerk. It makes me fat.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 20, 2009 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL!

Pamy

01-02-2002

Friday, March 20, 2009 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ROTF Bee!!!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-31-2000

Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    

Tess

04-13-2001

Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tess a private message Print Post    
Can we say I can't believe that Jerk didn't fire that Idiot sooner??

I have a feeling we'll have need of that phrase tomorrow night judging by the way the show has been going so far. Goodness knows I won't be able to post what Charlie will be ranting at me during the commercials!
tess

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - I can see that happening!

Seriously, as long as you offer an explanation that relates to the show that's fine (though restraint is even better).

Tess

04-13-2001

Saturday, March 21, 2009 - 11:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tess a private message Print Post    
Somehow I'm doubting that "because Charlie said so" is going to be enough of an explanation.

Fortunately, restraint is one of my better qualities. Usually. Here anyway.

06-29-2002

Sunday, June 28, 2009 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Questions/concerns about moderating should be Emailed to moderator@tvclubhouse.com. As always. :-)

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: