TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Making TVCH a Better Place?

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Feedback Forum: Making TVCH a Better Place? users admin

Of course, we love TVCH as it is but there is always room for improvement. So we'd like your suggestions about how we can make TVCH a better place and attract more activity and posting.

Our only caveat is that we have no intention of DISCUSSING the moderating rules and practices. TVCH will continue to be a moderated board. One of those rules is there should be no discussion of moderation on the board and that rule applies to this thread as well.

Other than that everything is fair game and open for discussion. Please let us know what you think. We would love to hear your suggestions!

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 26, 2009Msbullwnkl25 03-26-09  5:01 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Pamy

01-02-2002

Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Who those are awesome!!!

Hukdonreality

09-29-2003

Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hukdonreality a private message Print Post    
These are pretty loving, aren't they?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You upload them as attachments, Ms.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
or use backslashimage{name} (eta, or maybe not.. apparently it is not the best way space wise)

That way you can use any one of a gazillion smilies you might have stashed on your computer.

p

Serate

08-21-2001

Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
Don't suppose I can post the lil smiley dude giving the bird now can I w/o getting banned?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's a keeper! (LOL)

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, March 26, 2009 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Oh sure, I can see the new board shorthand now:

\clipart{ban} ---------->

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Friday, March 27, 2009 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
I used to love to post in the BB threads, but they were categorized so much that it's hard to find the exact place to put anything. I know some people like things very organized, but please remember some of us are more right brained and enjoy spontaneity.
BUT, I LOVE TVCH and I think we're like a family here!

Pamy

01-02-2002

Friday, March 27, 2009 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think TWOP is so popular because they have funny recaps for so many shows. The recaps are posted fairly quickly with minicaps posted a few hours after the show.

Maybe we have some writers here that want to start building an audience???? I would love to read a GAL recap, she always cracks me up. Her Disney travel adventures were hysterical. I know Tess Tales were very popular here, Tess and all of her guest writers were awesome...reprise that??

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Friday, March 27, 2009 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Problem with that is that GAL and Tess might not have that kind of time to devote to a regular thread.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-31-2000

Friday, March 27, 2009 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Unfortunately TWOP can afford to pay their recappers. If people want to volunteer, that would be awesome!

Ladytex

09-27-2001

Friday, March 27, 2009 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladytex a private message Print Post    
Another thing is that if y'all want to expand out of the 'reality tv' niche, that last change that you made to rename everything to reality tvclubhouse isn't gonna help if someone is just surfing for a new message board home and not interested in reality tv.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-31-2000

Monday, March 30, 2009 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LadyTex, I don't think we said we wanted to expand out of the Reality TV genre, just that we acknowledge our primary source for new members has been Big Brother, and it may go by the wayside.

If you have other ideas about how to draw new members, we'd love to hear them, but we are the TVClubhouse, so I think we've been assuming that TV will always be our primary draw for new members.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Monday, March 30, 2009 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
I have a thought. Basic traffic technique. Post on other forums with your url in your signature. Perhaps ask moderators or volunteers to do this. Couple of weeks. Go for mostly TV forums but any forum is fair game.

Just make sure your posts to that forum are topical and not spam. Also make sure they allow an url with a signature.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Monday, March 30, 2009 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
Have a techie make a fun video or two or three about TVCH and submit to You Tube. Ask everyone at TVCH to view the video and add it to their sites if they have any. In other words... go viral.

Submit a few articles to article sites about why TVCH is fun.

In addition to posting on forums as my above post, you can also post on blogs. That should really bring in traffic.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Monday, March 30, 2009 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
Does TVCH have its own MySpace or Facebook site? Or Squidoo page?

Some people have written regular articles here in the past. Why not a page with RSS feed for certain columnists?

Or a best of... weekly RSS.

All of these techniques require a small amount of work and are free.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Monday, April 06, 2009 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
Wow...was it something I said?

I just wanted to comment on the cute new background. But that flashing thing in the middle reminds me of one of those things they tell you to avoid for seizures.

Just joking.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, April 06, 2009 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It was nothing you said (honest).

Seriously, thank you everyone for all your suggestions!

Oh you mean for the Home Page? We changed that background quite some time ago. We are currently considering changes we could make to the Home Page.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Monday, April 06, 2009 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
I've only recently been coming to TVCH on a more regular basis... gearing up for BB. I kinda noticed the home page but didn't really register or feel the need to comment until today. I take an interest in how sites look, especially one like this that has been around a long time and has a lot of skilled people running it.

Beekindpleez

07-18-2006

Friday, June 19, 2009 - 11:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beekindpleez a private message Print Post    
Good Morning, Mods (for it is most likely morning where most of you are)

In keeping with the "gearing up for BB" idea, I recently had a thought...

I spoiled a show here the other night, in an effort to see if I could still "keep up" for BB and while doing so, I gave a lot of thought to spoiling the BB shows.
Someone always spoils the BB shows, which is wonderful! Sometimes I do it...but other times, I am stuck in my Dial-Up world and RUSH here to read the spoils of others!
And so, it occurred to me that often, while spoiling a show, folks will interject with game-play ideas or past history leading to current game-play. Or shoulda-coulda-woulda's.
I was wondering if we could keep the Show Spoiling strictly to the show. Or maybe strictly to the show until it's over and then allow game talk, etc. in the thread.

In other words, keeping the spoiling of the show itself to the first part of the thread so that those of us who come to read about the show don't become confused with the interspertion of past or future game-play thoughts that posters might have. It can become quite confusing, at times.

Just a thought.
Do with it what you will.

Wheeeeeeee

Looking forward to BB11!!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: