TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Visited links not working

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Feedback Forum: Report a bug, bad link or spam: Visited links not working users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, December 18, 2005 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Hi, this past 2 weeks or so the posts I visit won't stay as visited link color. I am not noticing a change at any other board or site I visit, just here. I come here, read all the new stuff, leave for an hour, come back and every link I already visited shows new, but there's nothing new there. Did the board change in some way or did I do something bad to my browser accidentally? (Using Opera)

Draheid
Board Administrator

09-09-2001

Sunday, December 18, 2005 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Draheid a private message Print Post    
Naja: It sounds like you're using bookmarks to return to the board. Check your bookmarks and see that they are using the new url and reader installed recently. The links and bookmarks should all begin with www.tvclubhouse.com and those into member only (restricted access) areas should begin with https://tvclubhouse.com/forum/read.php?file= followed by additional information. If you are seing board-auth.cgi instead of read.php, your bookmarks need to be updated and visited links should work correctly.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 20, 2005 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Drahied, I just keep the tree view in my book marks and surf my areas of interest from there when I see they are lit up again. https://tvclubhouse.com/forum/forumcgi-bin/forum/board-viewtree.cgi

But, "I think" I may have found another cause of the problem. I noticed somehow my setting for history of visited links has somehow been changed from keeping last 500 to only keeping last 100. And I think they are getting knocked off the keeper list too soon while I am out surfing other places. I can visit 50-100 pages just going to check another fast moving board. I just changed it to 500 again, I may even change it to 1000. I think it may have gotten changed when I upgraded opera awhile back. I just realized I wouldn't even notice this at the other boards I go to since they are those phpBB boards and I look for new posts there a different way. (Just that orange icon next to any topic with new posts)

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, October 04, 2009 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Hey Draheid, I think it's you that fixes the goodies, is there a chance you could update the Contestant Panel in the 2009 USA Amazing Race?

It's showing all the racers from the previous race:

Tammy & Victor, Luke & Margie, Cara & Jaime, etc.

https://tvclubhouse.com/forum/forumarpanel.html

I'm sure you're busy and tonight was only the 2nd episode, just giving the heads up. Thanks in advance, we really appreciate all the goodies!

Twinkie

09-24-2002

Sunday, October 04, 2009 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twinkie a private message Print Post    
Bisc, I can't figure out where you got that banner. For the latest Amazing Race the pics are right.
https://tvclubhouse.com/forum/messages/1085263/6752831.html?1254720517

Wargod

07-16-2001

Sunday, October 04, 2009 - 11:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I found it, Bisc, I'll give another holler for a more techie mod and point them there.

Twinkie

09-24-2002

Sunday, October 04, 2009 - 11:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twinkie a private message Print Post    
Tell me how to find it because I'm stumped. I mean besides clicking on the link Bisc posted. I really can't figure out how to find it.

Whoami

08-03-2001

Sunday, October 04, 2009 - 11:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Twinkie, its in the function bar above the posting window in any of the TAR threads. Its located between the smilie button and the font color button. Its just a handy tool to bring up the TAR contestants, click on their pictures and it will insert their names in your post. There's the same function in the Survivor threads too.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, October 05, 2009 - 12:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Thanks folks for explaining that AR button in posting mode for me. Yes, Survivor panel got updated already but they started airing before TAR. Since there's so many teams on TAR, it's often hard to remember the names (while posting) so this was a goody which has become seriously useful.

Spoiled brat here, ain't I? Still, I figure if nobody 'says' something, it wouldn't get fixed for a while.

I can't imagine how Raen keeps all those names straight while she's whipping out the spoils during the show. Rarely making a mistake, what a genius!

Twinkie

09-24-2002

Monday, October 05, 2009 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twinkie a private message Print Post    
Ahhhh okay now I found it! Thanks for the explanation Who. It was driving me crazy. LOL I know. Short trip.

Draheid
Board Administrator

09-09-2001

Monday, October 05, 2009 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Draheid a private message Print Post    
The AR panel has been updated. Sorry for the delay.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Tuesday, October 06, 2009 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Smooches & THANKS Draheid!

I figured it got overlooked because you had not long before updated Survivor panel. I posted my Thanks in TAR, but this gave another opportunity to tell people how this button works. It's just so useful!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, October 07, 2009 - 4:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure where to put this, but there is a terrible "side scroll" in the TAR - General Discussions thread due to two very long links posted in there.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-31-2000

Wednesday, October 07, 2009 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lexie, it looks like they were fixed?

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, October 07, 2009 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Kar... someone must have snuck in there this a.m. after I posted this request and fixed the links. They were all snarly and futzy yesterday causing that dreaded "side scroll."

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-31-2000

Wednesday, October 07, 2009 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
No problem, Lexie. I can't see the wide links because I have downloaded some special add on that fixes them automatically in my browser.

Best thing to do when you find them in the thread where you see the long links- start a post with the words: "Moderator help please", and ask for the links to be fixed right there. That's the fastest way for us to find any that we've missed.

Thanks!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, October 08, 2009 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Got it Kar... thanks!!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
My dearest Mods: There is a terrible "side scroll" in the Real Housewives of New Jersey" thread from what appears to be a really, really long link.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Fixed it.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Just used my bookmarked link to come to tvclubhouse and got this message:

Database Connect Error

Could not connect to database tvclubhouse.

Error message is: Access denied for user 'tvclubhouse'@'localhost' (using password: YES). Argument is 1.

Please contact Moderator if this problem persists.

Discus Pro 4.00.8
Copyright © 2002, DiscusWare, LLC, all rights reserved
Perl 5.008008/linux

No biggie, it came back after about a minute and a couple of tries, but wondered if you wanted to know, seeing as this time I actually remembered to copy the message :-).

Administrator
Board Administrator

08-06-2005

Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 11:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Administrator a private message Print Post    
We are aware of the situation. It was a brief glitch caused by a maintenance procedure that affected the live board instead of the offline maintenance copy. It was quickly corrected as you stated and should not have caused any other effects.

We apologize for the inconvenience, however brief it turned out to be.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 11:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
no problem :-) :-) :-)

Rosie

11-12-2003

Friday, November 26, 2010 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
U

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: