TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 23, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Feedback Forum: Questions to the Moderators: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 23, 2020 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, October 01, 2020 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That sounds great, Dipo! I created a folder in that area.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 02, 2020 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Okie doke, I will go and fill it up, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 02, 2020 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
All done!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, October 02, 2020 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Super! Thanks very much!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 13, 2020 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Looks like it's time to archive Tweets that make you Think in News and Views, LOL.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 13, 2020 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Done. :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 13, 2020 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW, that was quick! LOL, thanks.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, October 13, 2020 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Very speedy.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Mods, can you fix the width of the Racism & Discrimination thread? TIA.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It wasn't wide for me, but I fixed Jimmer's post. Can you check and see if it's better now?

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Yes it is good now. Thanks!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 20, 2020 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
You are very welcome!

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Thursday, October 22, 2020 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Happy Day to all our wonderful mods.

I have been thinking back to 20 years ago and how things were back then.
It got me to thinking about how I came to be friends with our members, got to know them and they came to know me.

So in remembering that, I realized that for the most part it was through member folders that I became familiar with the peeps here.

Back then, in the old days, the member folders moved up when there were conversations happening there.
I for one always felt free to join in to those conversations.

It was changed at some point were the member folders became fixed into there slots by alphabetical order.
It could be just me but it makes me feel a bit apprehensive, like I’m butting into a conversation I am not part of.

While I know no one would object to me joining in, it still feels weird to me.

So I just wanted to ask if we could possibly go back to the “old way” and if others would like to also.

Thanks for your time reading my rambling. ❤️

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, October 22, 2020 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's nice that many of our Members have been here as long as they have and have so many great memories. It's also great whenever we see newer Members and new people posting.

I've been here about twenty years as well. I don't recall the Member folders ever not being alphabetical but I didn't look at that part of the board until I had been here awhile.

It's certainly something we could think about changing. I'm not sure of all the pros and cons.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 22, 2020 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think they were always alphabetical..

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 22, 2020 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The reason for alphabetical is to make them easier to find. :-)

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Thursday, October 22, 2020 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Yeah I get that but that wasn’t exactly my point. It’s that they were not fixed in that position. Just saying.
And never mind.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 22, 2020 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm sorry if I'm not getting your point. Perhaps try explaining again? :-(

Personally, I"m sure folks would be happy to have you join into their conversations!

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Thursday, October 22, 2020 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Somewhere between Happy Day to our wonderful mods and So I just wanted to ask, I think I made my point.

But to be completely clear, I have zero problems with the moderators on this site, if I did I would not have been here for these absolutely bizarre amount of years. I also have a lose understanding of alfabication . 😣

I was just saying that back then I was feeling OK with my butinkiness into a conversation because the thread was at the top as far as what was an happenin conversation at that particular time.
So there’s that. 🤗

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, October 22, 2020 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Birdie, I think if you use the New Messages search, (like use Check for New Messages Since I Last Checked) the member folders that have new posts will still appear at the top.

Bob2112

06-12-2002

Thursday, October 22, 2020 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bob2112 a private message Print Post    
Hey Birdie. I remember what you are talking about. In the beginning the Members Room just held all the Folders for all the members. Like other folder of folders (Games, for example), the member folders were sorted descending by the last post in that folder. Folders with new posts moved to the top and other folders would move down.

Easy for people who don't use the search function to pop in and see the folders with the latest posts, but not so easy if you were just looking for a specific folder to post in.

Once the board got growing quickly, finding folders got out of control. Then people would start new folders for members who already had folders because they didn't see the folder. Sometimes with cute variations of the member name. Then they would ask the mods to merge the folders.

So the change was made to have groupings by first letter and then to keep the folders in alphabetical order. I blame think Draheid may have set this up after most people agreed it would be better.

Don't think it will change, but at least you're not going crazy. Maybe.

Mysticlady

07-05-2007

Friday, October 23, 2020 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mysticlady a private message Print Post    
Request: In the Big Brother General Discussion, there is an America's Favorite Houseguest Thread. Could you put the link to vote @ the top so it doesn't get lost? Thanks!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, October 23, 2020 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I put it at the top. :-)

Mysticlady

07-05-2007

Friday, October 23, 2020 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mysticlady a private message Print Post    
Thanks!

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Friday, October 23, 2020 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Thanks Bob, it’s good to know someone remembered what I was remembering.
I try to keep my chickens in a row so that the figments in my imagination don’t start plotting against me.

Note to others, the sign at the entrance to following my train of thought, reads proceed with caution.🤪