TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Randomly dropped half sentences in po...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Feedback Forum: Report a bug, bad link or spam: Randomly dropped half sentences in posts. users admin

Treasure

06-26-2002

Friday, September 13, 2019 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
I have been having this problem for about a month. I will be reading a post and part way through it, I will find a sentence stops without completion of the poster's thought. If it happens in the middle of a post and they start a new paragraph, it will show the incomplete sentence and then the next paragraph. If the poster only writes one paragraph, the post ends on a half sentence.

I only have this problem on TVCH, not any other website. Mostly it happens in the News and Views forum, but I have seen it on other sections. It happens at least once a day and sometimes several times throughout the day. Today it happened in New and Views: The Republican Party. Poster was Karuuna Sept 13, 2019 - 2:30

"And they reported on that too. but it wasn't Reid that did that. It was some of his supporters. In fact, there was a LENGTHY NYT article on several races where that was being done in 2010.

So what's your point? They report on everyone.

But RedState, the link you provided, only shows one side."

Well, now that was interesting! I went to the Post in question and copied the post. When I pasted it here, it showed the completed sentence! The sentence in question was: They reported on everyone. My computer, on showed; "They repor" and stopped there. Then the post continued with the next paragraph which was the last sentence. When I pasted the post here, the sentence was completed.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, September 13, 2019 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
ANOTHER good reason to stay out of News and Views!!!

Treasure

06-26-2002

Friday, September 13, 2019 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
LOL

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, September 13, 2019 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well I already responded to this in another thread. We can see if anyone else has further suggestions or is experiencing this.

Treasure

06-26-2002

Friday, September 13, 2019 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
Yes, I saw that, Jimmer. Just following through on my intention to post it here. I am curious if anyone else is having this problem.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, September 13, 2019 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Never had it happen. I am always here on a PC with Windows 10 and Chrome.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 14, 2019 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Treasure, next time it happens, can you screenshot and post the screenshot here?

Thanks!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, September 14, 2019 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think it’s either a memory or display driver issue but it’s strange it only happens at this site.

Treasure

06-26-2002

Saturday, September 14, 2019 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
OK, when it happens, I will need someone to tell me how to do a screenshot. Thanks.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 14, 2019 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Computer or phone? What kind?

Treasure

06-26-2002

Saturday, September 14, 2019 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
Desktop Dell Computer, Logitech keyboard.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 14, 2019 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Windows 10?

Captures the whole window:
Click on the title bar of the window that you want to capture. Press “Alt + PrtScn”. A screenshot of your currently active window will be copied to the clipboard, just as in the last section. Paste it into your favorite image editor or document editor.

Captures just the portion of the window you are interested in:
If you use Windows 10, press Windows + Shift + S to capture a region of your screen and copy it to your clipboard. After you press Windows + Shift + S, the screen is dimmed, and a cursor is shown, that you can use to draw on the screen the region that you want to capture in a screenshot. Press the left-click mouse button, draw the area that you want to capture and release the mouse button. If you have a touchscreen, draw the area that you want to capture with your finger (or pen) on the screen.

Treasure

06-26-2002

Saturday, September 14, 2019 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
OK, going to try this now. First of two. This one is posted by Karuuna in News& Views: The Republican Party, at 10:44am.

Dang. Not getting this to work.

Treasure

06-26-2002

Saturday, September 14, 2019 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
There were two cases. Firt by Karuuna as said before. Next was Lazylu posted at 1132am.

I followed directions to capture just the portion of the screen I wanted. I got the page where I could see just the part of the page with Karuuna's post and I was able to circle the incomplete sentence. Then I went to the top right of the page where I hit "copy". That should have taken put the edited page on the clipboard, right? So I came here and hit "paste" but nothing happened.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 14, 2019 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Are you on Windows 10?

What isn't working?

Note: you can't paste it in to TVCH... you have to save the image and then upload it using the "Upload Attachment" button below the posting box.

If you prefer, you can Email the image to Moderator@tvclubhouse.com.

In that case, you may be able to just paste it into your Email.

Hope that Helps!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, September 14, 2019 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
What happens if you refresh the page? Does it display properly then?

Treasure

06-26-2002

Saturday, September 14, 2019 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
OK trying this again.

Treasure

06-26-2002

Saturday, September 14, 2019 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
Success! Thank you, Karuuna. Do you want me to sent the second one posted by Lazylu? or is this one good enough?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 14, 2019 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
That's good enough, thanks!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: