TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 15, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Feedback Forum: Questions to the Moderators: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 15, 2014 users admin

Rosie

11-12-2003

Friday, May 09, 2014 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Dear mods, I incorrectly used the word "belated" in Mamapors folder.

What do you think we should do?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 09, 2014 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I put a strike through it so the subsequent posts still make sense. Does that work for you?

(I did this before I saw your post here)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 09, 2014 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oops, someone else had a different opinion, I guess! Anyway "belated" is no more. And belated is no more.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, May 09, 2014 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jimmer!

Rosie

11-12-2003

Saturday, May 10, 2014 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
tanks

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Hiya Mod Gods and Goddesses! This message from Ginger...Moderator ... Information is out on the next season. If you will set up a new section for 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur — Blood vs. Water'
I'll bring the info over..........Ginger

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's setup. :-)

Whoami

08-02-2001

Saturday, May 24, 2014 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Ok, realistic disclaimer. I know this is unlikely for a variety of reasons. But I still feel compelled to throw this out there into my universal wish list anyway....

I sure wish there was an app for TVCH. Specifically for my Kindle, but for other android devices too. Right now, even with a bookmark or favorites list, there are just too many steps to get to my favorite site. If I could just tap an app on my carousel, it would make life so much easier. Just saying.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, May 25, 2014 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I know nothing about computers, moderating and such,so forgive me if this is a stupid question. I do most of my posting in the morning and often times after I post( I'm very slow) it says "down for maintenance " and does not allow it to post. Is there a specific time for maintenance. Is it an automatic thing done at a specific time or is it done manually when whoever the nice person in charge of maintenance gets around to it? I really have no idea how the moderating, changes and maintenance takes place. I just know the very minimum of computer use. Thank you board people who do what you do.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 25, 2014 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, Draheid, who is a volunteer moderator like all of us, does system backup at approximately the same time of day, in the morning. He's in Texas. I don't think it is usually down for long.

Who.. I think getting an app for a relatively low volume site would be unlikely unless we have someone who writes them.. and specifically for the Kindle flavor of Android, they would have to be vetted by Amazon, too.

I think you can set a favorite or bookmark in your browser, Silk or another one if you use a different browser on your Fire. That's how I access TVCH from my Fire, anyway.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, May 26, 2014 - 5:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks Seamonkey, I didn't even know we had a member named Draheid. Thank you Draheid for your time. How many people are involved in moderating and maintenance. So if you are a moderator do you have to go to your area several times a day to make sure everybody is following the rules? They would be busy in the political and Big Brother threads. Lol just tried to post and it's in maintenance mode.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, May 26, 2014 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
There are a number of people involved in running the board. They have something like "Moderator" or "Board Administrator" under their name. The goal is to keep things running as smoothly as we can. Some post more than others. :-)

Jmm

08-15-2002

Monday, May 26, 2014 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
And many of us do more reading than posting. LOL

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 26, 2014 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And some of us eat while reading AND posting..

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, May 26, 2014 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
and some of us dont think all of you often enough! love ya! and thanks for ALL you do!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, June 02, 2014 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, might we get a banner for the next food network star, thank you so very much!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 03, 2014 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Sure! I'll do one, Dipo. :-)

06-29-2002

Thursday, June 05, 2014 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Specific questions regarding moderation should be done via email. Thank you. :-)

Littlebreeze

02-18-2001

Saturday, June 14, 2014 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Littlebreeze a private message Print Post    
Let me first say that there's a lot about computers that I don't understand. I have Windows 8.1.

For a few days, I was having a problem accessing the TVCH site when it was pinned to my Start screen. I had it saved there on the Games thread. Every time I clicked on it, only the very top TVCH banner would appear and below that it would say "Unrecognized".

I went to my profile and unclicked "Clear the cookie when I exit my browser." which got rid of the check mark there.

Now the problem seems to have cleared.

Question....

What function does that "Clear the cookie when I exit my browser." serve, when it's checked and when it's unchecked?

I don't know if unchecking it solved my problem of getting that "Unrecognized" or if it was just a fluke to begin with.

Thanks upfront for your answer! :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 14, 2014 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
The cookie saves your username and password, so if you clear it when you exit TVCH, the next time you come back you will have to enter it to read some areas and to post.

No idea why that would have any effect on your ability to view it, sounds like a Windows 8 issue.

Littlebreeze

02-18-2001

Saturday, June 14, 2014 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Littlebreeze a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Karuuna. I'm not crazy about Windows 8, or the 8.1 that I have now. It seems like every time they push an update, some quirky problem follows.

Thanks again. I appreciate your time.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 14, 2014 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
You're welcome, even though I don't know much about Windows. At least I do know how the cookies work here ... :-)

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, June 15, 2014 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Is there a way to make a donation other than through Pay Pal? I just reset my PP account and they said I couldn't be verified... argh! I don't want to go through the hassle of sending them documents as I really don't use it. Is there an address I can mail a check?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 15, 2014 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm sorry, Rieann, the only account we maintain is the Paypal account, we don't have a checking account anywhere.

We do appreciate the thought!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, June 15, 2014 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Karuuna. I'll get off my lazy butt and get PP fixed.

I think I'm cursed. I quit Facebook a few years ago and I logged back in the other day so I could vote for your horse therapy center. I had quite a time getting my vote to go through. I guess I need to cop to "user error"... what I said in my tech days for users convinced it was the "computer" (lol), or the program, and not anything they did.