TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 01, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Feedback Forum: Questions to the Moderators: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 01, 2013 users admin

Jmm

08-15-2002

Monday, September 02, 2013 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I just saw it this afternoon Juju, Her Royal Highness spent the night last night so I was not on the computer until she left this afternoon. LOL

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Help! I use new messages and i will click on a topic i want to read the posts in that thread, then I hit the back button (or alt and the left arrow key) and it takes me back to the new message search results.

but about 2 days ago this stopped working! when i hit alt/left it refreshes page as if i did a new new message search...ughghhh....and it doesnt happen everytime...but i cant pinpoint if its just bb threads or not....help...i have to spare my arm and having to re search constanlty is hurting :-(

love ya and ty in advance

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Others have had that trouble too, and it's nothing we've done here.

The only thing you can do to ensure that it never happens is go to your profile and check When searching, open resulting pages in a new window"

Then when you click to read a thread, it opens in a new tab (or window) depending on your browser. Just close it when you're done, instead of using the back button and go back to the search list.

In Firefox, the thread I click on to read opens in a new tab to the right of the search listing page. When I close it, the search listing page is then the active tab again.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ty for answer. ughhh then i would have to close all those extra windows weird after years and years it just now started happening

im going to pay more attn to what threads it happens in

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ugghh happened in this thread but didnt happen in one of the members folders threads weird

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I do what Kar does. I open the new topics page, but I RIGHT click on the first message and then choose "open in new tab." I open all the ones I want to read, then close the search results and read each tab, closing them as I go along.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
pamy, it seems to me that closing each window is just one click, same as hitting the back button each time? Any way it's really out of our control that your browser now refreshes when u click back when it didn't before.

teach's suggestion works also. I just have my tvch profile set to auto open the new tab, so i don't forget.

fWIW, I was never able to do it the way you have been.my browser always refreshed when I used the back button.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
clicks with mouse (mousing period) is painful...i can use keyboard/shortcut keys with less pain...so alt left arrow is easier on my arm than mousing/clicking....i can altf4 to shut a window..so im just playing with the info ya all gave me. ty!

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Saturday, September 07, 2013 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
Pamy, there are keyboard shortcuts for EVERYTHING. never any need to use a mouse. I don't know what browser you are using, but search for "keyboard shortcuts to close tabs BROWSER" in place of the word BROWSER put chrome or firefox or IE, whatever you use.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, September 08, 2013 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ty Landileigh, good tip!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, September 08, 2013 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
On my Mac, apple-W closes the window. No idea what it is on other systems. Good luck!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, September 08, 2013 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ok get this...I used the 'search now' feature on home page and went in and out of threads, posted in some and not others and had NO TROUBLE! at all!

weird!

now my question is there is a disclaimer under that search and im not sure what it means

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, September 08, 2013 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Do you mean on the topics page?

What does the disclaimer say? I can't find what you are referring to.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, September 08, 2013 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Okay, I found the "Search Now". That is the same page you reach when you click on search at the top of any page...

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, September 08, 2013 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Okay, I'm getting there.

It says it won't reset your "new Messages" search.

In other words, when you search new messages, it marks the time you search (for you personally), and only shows the posts since the last time you used the new message search.

When you use the general search feature, it does not log your time searched.

So, theoretically, if you use that search feature for a few days, and then use "new messages" you will get all the messages for the past few days.

Does that help?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, September 08, 2013 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
sorry Kar...had to go watch RAMS WIN! wahoooo!

yes, that helps. so I think Im good, Ill just use that search method...ty for all your help!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, September 08, 2013 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I was thinking you said that search method didn't always work for you either. It is the same search as you reach at the top of every page here.

I hope it keeps working for you, but no guarantee...

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, September 08, 2013 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL I get my money's worth here no matter what

TY Kar!

Whoami

08-02-2001

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Ugh. Minor goof for the Football Pool Game.(unless a player finds something wrong in my tabulating this week).

Could you change the title of THIS from "Regular Season: Week 2" to "Regular Season: Week 2 - Individual"

Thanks in advance. Sorry for my pathic brain.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Done :-)

Whoami

08-02-2001

Tuesday, September 17, 2013 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Merci!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, September 20, 2013 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
This is probably the least important request ever, but it bugs my brain so much!

In the Big Brother/Australia 2013 section there are three folders and one is called "Big Brother : Australia 2013 scheduled 7/29/2013".

Would a mod kindly rename that thread to "General Discussion" so it matches the other BBs? I don't know why it bugs me so much!

Thank you!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, September 20, 2013 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Sure. :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, September 20, 2013 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You're so speedy! Thank you very much!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 01, 2013 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Dear Mods, after posting a new post in the "Oct. Halloween Themed TV" in the tv shows area, I realized it may have been a mistake. Because if someone clicks on it, they may think all those shows listed from last year above my new post are from this year. Can you help me think of a solution?