TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Privacy Questions

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Feedback Forum: Privacy Questions users admin

Admin

Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Admin a private message Print Post    
This email from a user...

First off...I love your page...it is the best!

Secondly...I have a few questions I hope you will answer right away...when I
post on here even if I have an unlisted email with you do you, or does
someone have access to who I am? Like what my email address is or can you or
someone obtain it? I am curious...I tried to research this myself and
couldn't figure it out...also, could you be contacted and asked who is
posting what and if so do you cooperate? I am just curious with all of this
confidentiality going around it makes me wonder....please don't think I am
crazy...just curious...and a big fan of your page!

Admin

Sunday, May 27, 2001 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Admin a private message Print Post    
Thank you for your email. I don't mind answering your questions at all, in
fact I'm going to copy your questions into the discussion board (without
your name) for everyone to see.

As you will notice, you must provide a valid email address when you sign up
for membership and also must maintain one for your membership to continue.
This is a rule I've placed on membership, mostly so I can contact anyone
should the need arise. Your password is encrypted and even I cannot see
that. I have never and will never share any of this information with anyone
else. I do not share any personal information with anyone or any other
site, and never plan to either.

If you don't want the world to see your email address, you can select to
have it not shown in your PROFILE. You can edit your profile by selecting
the appropriate top menu item. Your personal information is protected by
the security systems in place that are part of the discussion board product
we use and as far as I know up to this point, there has never been a
security related issue reported by anyone using this discussion board
product.

I hope you feel safe and free to post your messages and enjoy being a part
of the site as much as I've enjoyed it. See you there! :)

Blink

Tuesday, July 08, 2003 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Blink a private message Print Post    
I do not wish to have my name displayed in the profile section. I always thought that was the purpose of having a user name. I've tried to get it off without any success. I know it is possible because others don't have their personal information available to everyone. I'm not unfriendly, just trying to be cautious on a privacy issue. Could you give me some help in this area?

Tuesday, July 08, 2003 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Blink, I have deleted your name from your profile. To remove your name from being displayed, you can just delete it. The only thing you cannot delete is your Email address, although you can choose not to have your Email address displayed.

Hope that helps! :)
(K)

Admin

Tuesday, July 08, 2003 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Admin a private message Print Post    
Thanks Moderator.

Just to add to that...

You cannot delete your email address because we need that information to send you your initial password and to contact you should the need arise. You must maintain an active email address.

Your email address and other personal information will never be given to anyone or used for any purpose other than TVCH business. :)

Watcher

09-19-2000

Monday, July 05, 2004 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watcher a private message Print Post    
I, too, have tried deleting my name from my profile and clicking on "save changes", but it doesn't seem to work. Can you please remove it for me?

Trini

07-06-2004

Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Is it Me? It could be me!!!
HelpI sent a private e-mail to a fellow club member using the envelope (when I clicked on the name of the member)but I have e-mail from myself telling me I have private mail from someone at TVCH....but it is the same e-mail from me, the one I sent to the club member.Are there instructions (look like I need it)

06-30-2002

Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Trini: There are options at the bottom of the Private Message page that look like this:

PMPrefs

If you check the option "Send a copy of this message to myself", that's exactly what it will look like. The original should still be received by the person you are sending it too. This is often used to help insure the message was sent.

Mod (22)

Jan

08-01-2000

Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jan a private message Print Post    
Trini...don't despair if you don't get an answer. Apparently many posters don't know how to answer the private messages. I have read here that if they just hit reply, it goes to board admin and is just deleted.

Trini

07-06-2004

Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Mod 22: Thank you "send a copy to myself" I did that.I figured it out while drinking my coffee after I wrote to you.
Thank you very much for the quick response.

Trini

07-06-2004

Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Thank you Jan: the mail was a 'little' important, and it wasn't BB5 related, but another TV show. Maybe you can help me, when a thread says "this thread is closed" do we know why?
This one in particular was very active and it is about an ongoing show of which we are all ardent fans .

Jan

08-01-2000

Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jan a private message Print Post    
Trini, I don't know but if you write the mods at moderator@tvclubhouse.com I am sure they will respond and let you know. If a thread is closed, it has normally been closed by a moderator for some reason.

Sorry I can't help though :-)

Trini

07-06-2004

Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Thanks again Jan; I just asked why (in a nice way)

06-30-2002

Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Trini: You didn't mention which thread you are asking about being closed, however, allow me to explain a couple of things. First, if you see a message like this:

closed archives

at the top of a discussion (thread), that only says you may not start a new thread (separate discussion) within that thread. This message is most often seen below a list of archived threads from a discussion.

If a thread is actually closed, you will not find the 'Add Your Message Here' section at the bottom of the page. You should find a final message at the bottom from a moderator explaining why it was closed.

The only exception might be if a thread has been moved to the TVCH Archives. These often still have the 'Add Your Message Here' section but posting is restricted to prevent posting after a show has been inactive for a while and is about to be moved off of the board completely.

If you still have questions, please either e-mail us at moderator@tvclubhouse.com or post here with specific details about which thread(s) you want to know about.

Mod (22)

Trini

07-06-2004

Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Mod 22: You are earning your keep today! I was referring to a message like that one with the padlock.
Thank you again! It is amazing how silly one feels when it’s explained. I saw the padlock and immediately thought closed for good.
I am a big fan of Coronation Street.

Autumn

10-29-2003

Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Autumn a private message Print Post    
I am a big fan of Coronation Street. ~~~ Trini, so am I!!!!

Trini

07-06-2004

Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
Mod: sorry to post this here but it is an emergency.
Autumm:I'll see you on the CS site on Monday, that is when they all meet again.I thought it was today..

Autumn

10-29-2003

Sunday, July 18, 2004 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Autumn a private message Print Post    
Ahhh...thanks for the heads up hun.

Sharinia

09-07-2002

Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sharinia a private message Print Post    
Hi mods,

I tried googling my tvch handle to see if my posts were staying private within the tvch universe, and one of my posts prominently came up in the search, plus there was a reference to my handle in a thread.

If you google +sharinia +tvch, you can readily see what I mean.

I was wondering why this would be, and if they could please be deleted?

Administrator
Board Administrator

08-06-2005

Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Administrator a private message Print Post    
Sharinia, only the restricted areas of the board are precluded from search engines. These include Members Room, Community Corner, and (for reasons other than privacy) Animal Farm. All other areas of the board are publicly accessible and often 'crawled' by search engines. We have no control over other sites and, therefore, have no way to control (or delete) their content.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
WOW! I didnt even know you could do that, I googled me and they have posts from years ago, even when someone mentions ya on another site!

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I have a question....if a post is deleted here (for breaking the rules, etc) will that still show in one of those searches?

...no hurry on the answer, just curious

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
is that a yes or a no? LOL

Rosie

11-12-2003

Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Pamy, there are other sites?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-31-2000

Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Pamy, yes or no. Search engines send out spiders (eek) that browse the web, and all public access parts of the board can be browsed by those spiders.

Some search engines also cache pages (which means they keep a copy of it) so they can still show up EVEN when we've deleted the entire page. It just depends on when we've been spidered, before or after removing the post/page. Does that help?

Posters here should also note that your profile pages are public too, once you have posted in a public area of the board.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
aahh thanks! that makes sense.

Sharinia

09-07-2002

Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sharinia a private message Print Post    
Uh oh. Darn. So you think even if those 2 odd posts were deleted here, they still might show up in google, eh? Thanks for the response :-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well anything is possible. It's unlikely though.

Sharinia

09-07-2002

Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sharinia a private message Print Post    
Oh. Can I request then that they be deleted from the tvch archives, if it's not too much trouble? (if it is, no problem, I understand)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-31-2000

Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Sharinia, if posts were deleted from the board, they are not in the TVCH archives. Can you be more specific about what posts you mean? You can Email if you prefer.

ALL posts that you make on TVCH (ie, News and Views, General Discussions, Reality TV shows, TV shows, etc) will end up on Google sooner or later. We can't prevent that.

The only posts that are guaranteed not to end up on search engines are posts in the Member Folders area and Community Corner.

Sharinia

09-07-2002

Sunday, June 17, 2007 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sharinia a private message Print Post    
Thanks Karuuna - I will email.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: