TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 21, 2008

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2008: General Discussions: Archive through July 21, 2008 users admin

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Pamela Anderson went in, and she actually doesn't look bad for her age. It was funny at the interview with Kyle and Jackie they asked if she was familiar with Big Brother and she said we don't have it in the US, but she had heard about the UK BB.

I guess she is right, we don't have Big Brother. We have Survivor : Studio City.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
LOL, I was just coming here to laugh about the same thing, Flagg. I can't believe she didn't know there is a US version.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I imagine she knew quite well that there is an American version, but if she admitted it, that might beg the question as to why she was here on Australian BB and not American BB.

I don't think she would get nearly the reception in the US as she got in Australia. Same reason we see David Hasslehoff hosting UK shows (Sunday Night Project last Sunday)

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't know about that, Flagg...David is pretty well liked hosting on "America's Got Talent", which is going on right now.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Yep, Bridgette went- and it probably all came down to the Eric stuff (check out BBBA for the whole story- but basically Eric said Bridgette was a "stalker"

That's just horrible if Brigette went because of this guy. He's not even that good looking. I can't imagine Bridget stalking him. I think he was just trying to save face and now she's gone...completely taken by surprise.

I am soooo sad!

I can't imagine why either Rory or Ben didn't go. They have both been misbehaving badly and aren't nearly as fun as Brigette. She and Alice were becoming very close and I enjoyed hearing their conversations. Brigette's parents seem very nice and her father is tres good looking. Cherry looked very upset when Brig went, but it seems he's recovering nicely with Pamela Anderson in the house. (sarcasm intended)

Seattlemom

05-10-2005

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seattlemom a private message Print Post    
I know Cricket! I watched the youtube of Brigettes eviction (ole softy here) it actually brought a tear LOL. But Hey I cried at Shirley Temple movies LOL.I also think that Eric guy is a tad of a creep! you notice he said no comment when he was asked about the Stalking blog! He didnt want to have to actually say it it's easy to hide behind Blogs and Text...

Kellee

07-07-2004

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
according to a post about a radio interview Brigitte made today Eric was blackmailing her with a sex tape he made without her knowledge..hence her always saying..you are going to ruin my life ..when the boys starting to flirt with her.

I tend to lean more to believing her than him..I am sure she is clingy..but she is young..he was her first and she tried to hold onto that relationship even if Eric was always a jerk..

I think her eviction was all down to him..there was no chance she was going till he stirred it up..which I am not big fan of hers but it ticks me that he screwed her over like that.

And Kyle through out the whole thing kept making comments about Eric being there even though she looked terrified about it..basically I felt bad that her eviction was not only overshadowed by Pam going in..but Eric's presence.

As for Pam saying there isn't one like that in the US that is very true. There is no huge crowds for the US no media hype. People do not come out of BB USA and have the media follow them like they do in AU and UK. The US version is almost non-entity when it comes down to it in comparison to the international versions.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Wednesday, July 09, 2008 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
it just twigged in for me when watching the newest Sunday Night Project..a show from the UK that Pam was on it a couple weeks back and did a couple skits about Big Brother UK hence why she would mention it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMGLgVzFWfU

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 2:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
And Kyle through out the whole thing kept making comments about Eric being there even though she looked terrified about it..basically I felt bad that her eviction was not only overshadowed by Pam going in..but Eric's presence.

Excellent point, Kellee. To top that off, she had no idea she was nominated. She thought Rory was going and he should have.

you notice he said no comment when he was asked about the Stalking blog! He didnt want to have to actually say it it's easy to hide behind Blogs and Text...

Seattlemom..also a great point. He said they had never dated, so what is this sex tape he's holding over her head? With him blogging and coming on the show to call her a stalker, I wish her parents would turn him in to the police for blackmail. Let's see what he has to say then.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, July 10, 2008 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Bridge should sue him for libel- she had an outside chance of winning the thing, and the guy was basically the reason she was evicted.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Friday, July 11, 2008 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
And now we have a betting scandal!!!

(Bridge was 14-1 to be evicted...but thre's a rumor one of the producers, knowing about the Eric stuff in advance and figuring out it was going to evict her, put $2000 down on her to go- which meant a $30,000 payoff- although it looks like the betting was stopped after some strange bets were made on her)

http://www.behindbigbrother.com/posts/2008/2244

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, July 12, 2008 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Wow, Wilson, I can't believe the goings-on behind the scenes. I thought the AU BB was so innocent compared to ours. How could that play Brigitte like that?

I'm not thrilled that Ben is somewhat safe this week. He should have gone last week and Rory before him. I guess I'm rooting for Alice to win now.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
and this was the last straw apparently...the show's done at least for now..

Ten confirms it's bye bye to Big Brother

Kellee

07-07-2004

Sunday, July 13, 2008 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
it is sad..totally horrible...I am hoping they bring it back on another channel

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
ACCK!! Final week, they are down to Rory, Teri, Travis and Ben. I am not sure I want any of them to win!

Bearlee

05-18-2005

Thursday, July 17, 2008 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bearlee a private message Print Post    
What happened to Alice, she was there the other day, did they have another eviction since Monday?

/me races off to YouTube to catch up.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Friday, July 18, 2008 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Alice is there, but probably is gone Sunday due to some sneaky BB stuff. Basically, everyone had gotten care packages from home but Terri. BB offered a deal, give up the treadmill and he'd give them Terri's package. Alice got into a big stink about it because she uses the treadmill a ton (part as a stress reliever, part out of obsessiveness), and thought it wasn't fair to give up something only one person uses for the most part. Long story short they don't give up the treadmill (but they ended up getting Terri's care package the next day anyway), and Alice was edited on the show as a selfish pig and probably is gone Sunday as a result- if not, she's blown any chance to win. The BBBA people believe it's going to be between Terri and Rory in the end.

And there are talks to perhaps bring the show back on another network in a different form- nothing official can be started until after the finale on Monday.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 18, 2008 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I thought they had a snap eviction and Alice went on Wednesday or Thursday. I got email about it, was she just stuck in sequester somewhere?

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, July 18, 2008 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Geez, if Alice gets evicted, she did it to herself over her absolute refusal to get rid of the treadmill. I think Brigitte would have done so to get her clothes back, but she respected and cared for Alice enough that she said no for her. I knew then that Brigitte had grown a lot as a person.

Why didn't Alice just say okay and stay in the house? Does she realize how addicted she is to the treadmill and is giving up her whole game over it?

Dipo, I hadn't heard that about Alice. I'm just catching up on the latest shows and they said there will be a DOUBLE eviction Sunday. If there was a FNL this week, whomever wins that can save themselves so I hope there is one, because I want Ben to go for sure on Sunday. If Terri gets through this eviction unscathed, I think she has a chance of winning the whole thing.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Saturday, July 19, 2008 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
they did the big sting on Monday's show..which was done Sunday night after the eviction..they told the housemates they would have to evict one of their own.Alice was evicted..she was torn..she was in the fakeplane melting down willing herself to smile.and started running up down the aisle saying that is better..the treadmill is more of a security blanket to her..and i agree it was not fair of big brother to ask for it..he didnt ask Rory to shave off his dreads,,,it would have been like asking Brigitte to give up her clothes..Terri had had a letter from home the week before when Alice wanted to get the hair appointment.

In the big sting Travis was also evicted...and then they were brought back in and told it was all a character examination...

I think BB is figuring Alice is gaining on the person they want to win..Terri..they had to figure out how to knock her back a bit

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Sunday, July 20, 2008 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Alice and Travis went...but the final is going to be interesting because they switched it up votingwise- instead of voting for who you want to win, it's voting for who you want to evict- if it was voting to win, they think Terri would have walked away with it, but with voting to evict there's a chance of vote splitting...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, July 20, 2008 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
so when is the finale? is it tonight, I don't really wnat any of them left to win, LOL.

Kellee

07-07-2004

Monday, July 21, 2008 - 3:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellee a private message Print Post    
it is on right now...catching a little bit of the live feed before leaving for work..and it is interesting...they have no clue about the axing..they did the news segment and no mention of it..hope they told them in the diary room to prepare them

Flagg

06-01-2005

Monday, July 21, 2008 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
Hah Kyle told them right before the final results, kept saying how they ruined the show.

While I don't mind who won, it's sort of annoying how much they manipulated the audience to get the win for this person.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 21, 2008 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Teri won, I can't believe it!!!