TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 14, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2010: Vegas Bash - Pay Per View - Anyone?: Archive through September 14, 2010 users admin

Chippy

08-16-2007

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
Lordy. Some of these people have just plum worn out their BB fame. Worn. OUT.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I have one question....Are these going to be on BBlite...or true realplayer...or how will the feeds be shown.... I dont want to screw around getting all flustered trying to view the thing only to find out two days are over by the time I get it right....

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Really. I'd like to see Yau Man but not at this sort of gig. And name after name of people I never want to see, ever again.

Scubalass

07-01-2004

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scubalass a private message Print Post    
Chew, the site has it's own player, it is basic but looks okay on full screen, when I signed up I got access to their viewer, no downloading or installing was needed. Watched some oldie film this morning! I am assuming that it how we will watch the feeds!

Mummy35332

09-09-2005

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 1:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mummy35332 a private message Print Post    
Trying to digest this whole thread. I have been reading since the beginning of this thread.

So in the Current Live Feed discussion thread, Rosem and I both think we might want to purchase these live feeds, but wonder who else will, because that is part of the fun. Watching and talking. the thread is born.

Rosem, starts the thread with a link. Some are against it.

Since went to the source and started getting information for us. The 1st copied post is really quite pleasant.(12:19). Since is happy, the feeds will be achieved.

Some posters aren't understanding that Real is not providing the live feeds this year. Many think the 'red haired lady' is Missy. Yes, James saved us last year. He saved us from Real not being able to do live feeds without CBS telling them what to do. Missy and Chelsia did not save us last year because the twitter bomb went to James.

Another quote from The event planner to Since (1:59). Still a polite answer.

Niki vs, Nikki confusion. Event planner vs, sub par interviewer.

Since posts another reply from the event planner. (4:46) Still another polite reply.

The red haired lady was litteraly pulled from the door way in a last ditch effort to have an interviewer. Real dropped the ball.

Since posts another reply at 5:29. Sounds like the new feeds have been tested a lot.

Again this years Vegas feeds are not provided by Real. They are planned and spur of the moment.

Charity or not.....they need enough subscribers to break even or we won't get this chance again. sand of corse the charity get less.

Lurk I understand the PR differences of opinion.

(3:17 post. What this group is doing is bigger than what they have ever done. They need time to make it work, not feeling offended.

(5:45) post. Luv ya Reader. But that post was from another board. I can certainly imagine her being defensive in those environments. What leads up to that post may very well be more telling than the actual post.

So now we have this events company trying something new. They want to give to charity, but costs are incurred.

This woman does not have the time to answer everyones question over and over.

Mods can we have a Niki thread? A thread where only sincere questions are asked, with a promise to her that she only has to check in a few times a day for these last couple days?

We have more questions, but it seems the envirmoment for her is getting hostile. TCVCH isn't hostile, can we provide her a safe thread to just anwser questions? We can sputter and complain in this thread.

She has to be up her eyballs in last minute preps. Can she be given a thread where she is treated politely?

Mods I know you vet people that claim to be someone before they can post claiming to be that person. That is why I am asking you for this thread.

Mummy35332

09-09-2005

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 1:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mummy35332 a private message Print Post    
So Many typos that I missed, but hey would you recognise me if there weren't?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 1:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Mummy...well said

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 1:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    

Mummy35332

09-09-2005

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 1:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mummy35332 a private message Print Post    
TY

Angelicfairies2

07-19-2004

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Angelicfairies2 a private message Print Post    
To those buying the feeds for the PPV, ya'll are hardcore ha ha. Enjoy it though!

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 6:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Luv you to Mummy - its just that BB Fans have opinions - I know she must be overwhelmed, and I know from planning other events (in a completely different plane - and no thank you from me in trying to set something like this up - so yes, I do appreciate what she is trying to do)

imho - she needs a PR dept to "sell" this since Real/CBS has tainted the "feed" experience - again imo - and as to that I do believe Since, Rosem, Mummy, etc are doing a great job -

I dont think the posters here mean any disrespect, I dont feel they are trying to provoke - and for me - I dont want to waste her time by asking a question I dont believe she knows the answer to (ie microphones and cameras)

DH is the computer person, and we have set up live streams (yes, I'm the Disney Freak, it was a Disney live stream, you go out to your balcony set up the camera - and everyone on Live Stream something dot com comes in and watches, esp at night during the firework times) So that is my only experience from behind the scenes... but enough to know it can be overwhelming.

I think I was taken aback that she said in an email that she lurked here but couldnt post - my first thought wasnt that she was a liar, but what is she afraid of, esp if she is posting on other message boards.

ITA she doesnt have time to answer or worry about every single message board - I do agree that the posters here are more receptive to this kind of thing - and are not mean spirited - we do however tend to stand up for the right to have our own opinion -

and most telling - we are receptive to other's opinion - even when they do differ from our own - and believe it or not, unlike religion or politics sometimes our opinions can change!!

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
YAY Mummy! Thank you for taking the time to recap and explain what's been going on.

Great idea for a Niki thread, if the mods approve, perhaps I can email her and let her know she has her own thread, but...her profile has to be approved by the mods first, not sure where she is in that process. Maybe Since knows? Don't want to send an email, when I'm not sure what's going on here.

I sure don't want my fingers to type a check my azz can't cash! (remembering Eddie BB1!)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don't see a problem with someone creating a Question and Answer thread for Niki to answer questions. However, the expectations are the same for every thread on the board - we expect everyone to be respectful to each other in every thread.

I don't know the current status of her application but we can look into it. However, I hope you understand that a future Member's application status isn't subject to discussion on the board. She is welcome to pop in and introduce herself any time once she becomes a Member. Of course, we would like some way to identify that it is her.

I assume you have her approval but as a general reminder to everyone, please remember that personal correspondence via email should not be posted on the board without the approval of all the emailing parties.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks again to everyone who is providing us with info about the Bash. It's greatly appreciated as this sort of stuff adds to the fun on the board. :-)

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, thanks for pointing that out about the posting of emails! I didn't know that, and also thanks for allowing it in this case.

I emailed Niki with the idea of the Q & A thread, and advised her that you would need verification of her identity, so hopefully she'll be in contact, if she hasn't already.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I just received a response from Niki and she said she received an email declining her membership.

niki congero [liveatthestudio@clear.net]

So, perhaps there are issues here that I'm not aware of.

In any case, at this point I'm not running down any more info! Folks can contact her through the live at the studio website.

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
Niki posts over at AABB and they, being a moderated site, have had to delete many of her posts as she was being rude to the members...

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Ahhhhh, thanks, Bonbon. I had a feeling she was oblivious to civility on message boards! Even though, she was very pleasant to me as we were emailing back and forth.

Oh, well, no big loss for us!

Muffin

08-29-2007

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I'm wondering if we have to buy the feeds before it starts of if we can wait to find out if it's any good before purchasing. Anyone know. There is nothing mentioned on their web site.

Lurknomore

07-07-2001

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurknomore a private message Print Post    
Muffin, per what I read in a thread detailing info about this on another forum who had older/more info than we had (the recently referenced AABB site), when tickets originally went on sale they were offering them at EITHER $19.95 for the full weekend OR 10 bux a day. That latter option seems to have disappeared.

So I'm a bit concerned that they don't know what they are offering lolol...but you could try emailing them. Folks have said they reply. I tend to doubt they would turn down any cash at any point lolol but what do I know :-)

Lurknomore

07-07-2001

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurknomore a private message Print Post    
Bon thought I'd give this a separate post. Where in the world is she posting there? They have a multipage thread and several topics about Vegas, and I didn't see any from Nikki. Just them talking about it like we are. I did sense some issues with her so your info might explain that lolol.

They seem really nice over there. And btw yes they are moderated, but doesn't seem as moderated as say here lol. Not passing judgment in any way, just saying my take on it lol

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
thread titled "Vegas Bash 2010"

Muffin

08-29-2007

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
I won't be able to watch on Fri. Night or Sat. Night so I hope we will have some posters here giving us some feedback. I'm primarily interested in the reactions to the celebrity status of our 3 "stars" left in the house now. And, I want to know how fast the agents are fighting over them to sign them up. NOT

Jucylucy

08-23-2005

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jucylucy a private message Print Post    
So what is this mystery charity? Charity is such a loose term. I think if you are selling a function as a donation to Charity, they would name it.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
From their website:

"Proceeds from event go to Faith House www.faithhouseacadiana.com"

It is a battered women's shelter.