TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 13, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2010: Vegas Bash - Pay Per View - Anyone?: Archive through September 13, 2010 users admin

Lurknomore

07-07-2001

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurknomore a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, again I really don't disagree. But PLEASE as I said, and I hope quite clearly in my initial post, my comments had not ONE thing to do with Since and I totally appreciated her trying to help. Last thing I want is for anyone to take that wrong, and sure hope I was really clear about that.

And guess I'm just asking the questions I would ask if I was in the same situation you described. We all know there were many issues last year, but since it didn't cost any extra money (and we all Twit bombed James who kindly saved the day with the most important part...the interviews), I don't think many complained except amongst ourselves. But given what I feel is a relatively high price (almost equal to the full cost of the feeds), I think it's fair to at least raise these questions. And I still think they'd be wise to be paying attention to them.

When I heard the cost and I checked out their web site I was looking for a promo video that discussed it, detailed it, and would hopefully show a higher quality than last year. I sure couldn't find one. Did anyone see anything like that? Guess I'll always back seat drive when I see such obvious PR choices (well to me) ignored. Also I noticed there isn't a pool party this year so I wonder if the only interviews will be on the "red carpet" or what and when. Guess I just have lots of questions :-)

Lurknomore

07-07-2001

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurknomore a private message Print Post    
LOL Rose we were cross posting...sorry hun they are MY panties so can't help that they got bunched lolol. Seriously, it was reading the entire thread that got them that way. While I love Since for trying to give us more info, I was really turned off by what she was given to relay.

I didn't see many answers, but I saw a lot of defensiveness. I didn't, and still don't, understand that tone. But for many years my specialty within PR was special event planning, so I'm the first to admit I get a huge sore spot when I see what I perceive as missed opportunities and mistakes. If I have an off button, I haven't found it yet, but I'll keep looking lol.

But sounds like you have a great attitude and I definitely will look forward to hearing what I'm missing lolol. And I will honestly be VERY happy if I'm totally wrong with my concerns and this turns out to be a blast to watch!!

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
HAHAHAHAHA!!! So funny - I guess we can each get panties in bunches for our own reasons!!

(I am just cracking up at my desk at work, and a co-worker just gave me 'the look'!)

Lurknomore

07-07-2001

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurknomore a private message Print Post    
My job is done here

and wave to the co-worker for me mwahahaha!!!!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Just crawling in here for a moment to answer a few questions....

Niki was in the process of posting herself. She thought she could post immediately after signing up. When she asked me to post for her she was still waiting for approval.

She was totally aware of the shortcomings of last year. She did post a link with all the reality stars that are to appear if anyone is interested.

It is just a reality event...I agree with Jimmer.
Even if this were planed by CBS you can only have a certain degree of professionalism. LOL! We complain about the CBS show...and they have a myriad of editors and producers and money at hand.

Kail had two reunions at at her Hotel and charged hundreds of dollars (not including lodging and airfare). It only featured a handful of BB Hgs. I couldn't go...so I was happy that she broadcast an hour of questions and answers for me to see. It was painful to watch some of it, granted...but I was happy to watch anyway.

This whole Vegas Bash is a much bigger event of course. The real people making the money out of the whole thing are the hotels and the bars in the hotels!!! LOL! One drink is $20 there! So...as I sit in my home, in my PJs, nice and comfy just a voyeur...I will be there to watch whatever happens.

And if everyone wore a thong...your panties would not get bunched up!

Scubalass

07-01-2004

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scubalass a private message Print Post    
::: hands on hips :::::: I just cant take this anymore LOLOLOL

I am glad I got the feeds, I love BB in any shape or form! I did not buy the feeds in order to donate to charity, I got the feeds because I want to watch them, good, bad or indifferent.

:::: hands off hips ::::: said my bit!

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Since, I'm with ya, on everything except the butt floss...just can't do it! Hee!!

I just emailed Niki, and got an immediate response! Much more than I would have gotten from CBS, and I'm not even HER customer yet!

I wanted to confirm that the live feed would be continuous, even if there wasn't an event going on, and she said yes, but she of course can't guarantee what will be happening the entire time.

Well, just like the BB live feed on Real!! They never know when something will happen in the house, but, boy, when it does, they sure censor their feed in a hurry to save it for the TV show.

We won't have that censorship issue here.

ETA - I'm with you, too, Scuba! (with or without thong!)

Scubalass

07-01-2004

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scubalass a private message Print Post    
<-- too old and wrinklie for thongs! ::::shuddering:::::: Need panties to keep everything in place, gravity is a terrible thing when you get older!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
My cat just told me that SHE would be happy to spend $20 for me.. Can we say TREATS?

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
well there you go!

Glad she wanted to post, I hope she is not intimidated by a "bunch" of big brother fans - on a moderated site - this isnt like Jokers as far as tone, and comrarderie - imho!

So last year the feeds were crappy - this year CBS was crappy, from the bubbles to the "boring" (in people's opinion)

Now as far as I can read - people want a reason to buy into this "production" Scuba, Since, Rosem are doing a good job and they make sense, imho -

BUT us dubious people that dont throw $20 out the window, that dont buy Coffee at Starbucks or other places, are just asking for a reason to give her our $20....

How do I know if I give my $20 and all I get is watching a beer pong game... again, we know they wont be mic'ed - where will they place cameras? How many cameras? Does it depend on how much money is collected? I sincerely get the impression that people that are going are excited about it - and I think after being secluded in that house, they will let their hair down (and ITA watching Rachel in VEGAS with TEQUILLA - well anyway)

and it does seem like a cop out to say money will go to a very worthy charity - but it sounds like they dont know... do they need permission to set up cameras? Do they have permission... well etc etc etc

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
2nd email from Niki, re: Charity:

"Let me clarify The cost of the feeds is basically going to pay for the bandwidth we stream at such a high rate its very expense so honestly about .50 of the feed $ will go to charity. the main charity part is the events them selfs. 100% of every thing made at Hogs & Heifers is donated, the raffle $, the BBQ $, the beer pong auction. the works. We pay for all the food and raffle items so 100% goes to charity. Hoping to raise at least 10K well see, fingers crossed.
The feeds were originally supposed to be done by Real player and trust me there were not going to donate anything out of the subscription fee to the charity. But as we are now doing it it's costing a small fortune. (you don't need to repeat that part lol)

Thanks for your help.
Nik"

So, there you go. At least she's being honest with her response. And, she responds right away, you can email her using the 'Contact Us' link on their website.

And, BTW, I'm not trying to promote this in any way, it's just that I had questions too, and since I received a response, I just want to get the info out there for those who are interested.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Rosem..that is all I was doing too...passing on info. Thank you for posting the rest. The point of entire Bash is for the fans and for charity. The feeds are a small part of the whole weekend experience for those that cannot be there in person.

Lurknomore

07-07-2001

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurknomore a private message Print Post    
Since, I just want to make sure you know not ONE of my concerns had ANYTHING to do with you passing on info (or RoseM and our bunched panties for that matter lolol). As always, I appreciated someone here sharing what they knew and I was NEVER shooting the messenger.

It's just super hard to keep my fingers quiet when I had a double whammy going for me lol...first, dissecting everything is pretty much what we do here all summer lolol. So there's that. Then make it be what I've done professionally and have a different perspective on, and well, I'm just not strong enough to stay silent lolol.

Plus I'm the first to say that most event organizers have their own style and approach. Just cause I would have done this very differently doesn't mean it won't turn out GREAT! And for everyone's sake I sincerely hope it does. I just think a few of us (I wasn't the only one at all) raised some fair questions and hope the organizer realizes that.

But just wanted to make sure you know I never had any teensy problem with you posting the info...I was only replying to it not to you!!!

PS If anyone cares, I too would rather have my panties in a knot then butt floss LOLOL

Lurknomore

07-07-2001

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurknomore a private message Print Post    
FYI found some VERY interesting info while BB forum browsing (something I have done virtually none of this season before this lol...but Jeff reminded me of a forum on his Around the World).

I already made one comment in the Live Feed thread, since it was being discussed there, so I won't repeat here, but I'm sad to say it sounds like some of my concerns may be on the money.

Folks were following former HG twitters and online comments, and seems at least one who planned to go is out, since she never heard back from the event planner. Granted it's Allison Irwin, so no great loss IMHO lolol...but if they aren't following up with HG again (I recall Janelle and others having the same prob last year), well, let's just say it's not making me think they learned much from past mistakes.

Again, I sure hope I'm wrong and I'm not saying ANY of this to discourage anyone. Heck this group and turn anything BB into a party...we managed against all odds to have some fun this summer with this bunch after all. Just thought I'd share what I read :-(

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I'm looking at the Vegas bash this way:

It's like getting together with old friends without having to actually be in their presence.

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
Well it seems as if Niki C did register and post at some other site. That thread has a healthy dose of skepticism as well and Niki responds:

quote:

And sorry if some think I "scolded us for not appreciating her selfless generosity". Give me a break I was just saying there's no need for your nasty comments. Excuse me for say we are trying to offer some thing nice for people. Oh but I guess its ok to bash me but I can't say my piece....Totally uncalled for. I said it before and I'll say it again DON'T BUY THE FEED if your not happy with it or what you think it will be! If your looking for a fun time and can come with a happy tude great, you'll have a good time and we would love to have you be apart of it. But some how I think some people wouldn't be happy with the event no matter what we did. Simple. I don't even bother posting our events on blogs for this very reason, life is to short of this kind of BS. I only posted to try answer some questions for you all.

Not the greatest work of PR...

Lurknomore

07-07-2001

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurknomore a private message Print Post    
LOL or how about working on your high school reunion committee w/folks you had no interest in talking to even back in hs lolol??!!! I think the difference is with reunions you can call and drag your good friends so you KNOW there are folks there you like too. Here....not so much lol

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Ok, now it's going to be worth $20 just to see how truly terrible this will be.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
LOL Rosem!

On Jokers Metalfan posted that he will be at Vegas Bash and will twitter, facebook, etc etc - and has a thread on interview questions.. but most interestingly he has a list of those HG coming???

Also, I will be doing real time updates from Vegas with pics and updates at the following. So join and follow along! I'll be there the 15-21 of September.

www.facebook.com/rmetalfan and www.twitter.com/jpriestfan1

Metalfan

Vegas Bash 2010 Reality Stars:

(this is a running list and names will be added as people are confirmed)

Big Brother:
Alex Coladonato BB9
Alison Irwin BB4 and All Stars
April Lewis BB6
Bunky BB2
Bryan Ollie BB10
Casey Turner BB11
Chima Simone BB11
Daniele Donato BB8
Danielle Reyes BB3
Diane Henry BB5 and All Stars
Eric Stein BB8
Holly King BB5
Howie Gordon BB6 and All Stars
James Rhine BB6 and All Stars
Jen Johnson BB8
Jennifer Diturno BB9
Joe Barber BB8
Keesha Smith BB10
Kevin Campbell BB11
Krista Stegall BB2
Laura Crosby BB11
Libra Thompson BB10
Lydia Travera BB11
Michael "Cowboy" Ellis BB5
Michele Noonan BB11
Michelle Costa BB10
Monica Bailey BB2
Jennifer "Nakomis" Dedmon BB5 and All Stars
Nick Starcevick BB8
Parker Delon BB9
Rachel Plencner BB6
Ronnie Talbot BB11
Russell Kairouz BB11
Sheila Kennedy BB9
Steven Daigle BB10
Zach Swerdzewski BB8

And...the Big Brother 12 Cast...

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
sounds like Nikki C is on overload, doing any kind of event is a thankless job - and there is no way to please all the people all the time -

but imho if you are getting "paid" then its a job - and if your customers have opinions, its not easy dealing with the public... that response is disappointing in that its not professional - I know I've worked many an event, and its work, I dont get to socialize, I dont get to sit and eat and converse - Its not easy - its work, and it was for a special needs fundraiser - $250 a plate dinners, and $100 plate dinners etc - working with the Bears - working with special needs kids to see the Bears etc...

Her response doesnt seem professional, but personal - again, not an easy job by any means - but now my question would be - so here you are at an event, and all around you are having fun, and you have a technical glitch, what will you do? say a bunch of profanities and give up on those feeds? Or will you work tirelessly to put out the best you can do?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Thank you for those links! Will enjoy looking at them!

Lurknomore

07-07-2001

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurknomore a private message Print Post    
Reader, you can check the Live at the Studio web site. It has a list of those who are allegedly attending. BUT based on what I've read, not sure it's accurate. IE Allison is listed on there and she said they've never called her and she's not going. It's also lists Reality stars from other shows who will be attending (I found FAR more interesting names on those lists lol).

Reader, sorry but I'm not convinced she is not making a profit in doing this....after all it makes NO sense why. Plus the company selling the feeds, that she represents, does other stuff so they must be making money in some way (be it ad or fee driven). And didn't Real pay them something last year for the rights to cover the event?

I do agree that event planning eats ENDLESS hours and never pays equal to the amount of work you put into it. But that's not to say it doesn't pay :-)

BTW what I found is by the time most events happen, even if you can sit and socialize you are too tired to enjoy it, and still working through it to make sure it's smoothly. I've done that at NHL All Star Banquets and such. One other event early on in my life we had an after party at Studio 54 (I'm dating myself here), and after about an hour I had to go back to the hotel to sleep. I honestly thought I'd pass out lolol. And by that time I was off duty to party. And I barely lasted that long. Sad but true! And I was dancing next to Cher and all I could think of was "I NEED TO LIE DOWN NOW!!!!" If it was today I would have died before making it that far lolol

Lurknomore

07-07-2001

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurknomore a private message Print Post    
OH I keep forgetting to mention that Parker is doing some sort of Party Bus to Vegas with streams on I think Justin.com per a post I saw. I will try to find the info and post it later...I MUST wash my hair soon. But sounds like a lot of the HG are meeting up and taking that bus down. So maybe we'll all get to see one thing free, since he didn't seem to be selling it.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
That's a pretty good list. I might buy the feed after all.

Lurknomore

07-07-2001

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurknomore a private message Print Post    
Sportsfan and all....here's a link to the official list of who they say is attending. Just keep in mind some of the name on here have posted they are not going, so I'm not saying it's an accurate list lol;

http://www.liveatthestudio.tv/VegasBash2010Celebs.html