TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 13, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2010: Vegas Bash - Pay Per View - Anyone?: Archive through September 13, 2010 users admin

Scubalass

07-01-2004

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scubalass a private message Print Post    
I would think the cost of labour for giving refunds would not be economical at all, a good point though, maybe they could give an hour of free viewing then you pay? Not sure if that is possible.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I posted her response because she asked me to...she did not say anyone was bashing the live stream...but she did want to stick up for the lady that got alot of negative response both last year and this year, I understand where she was coming from.

Please don't shoot the messenger!
This is just a fun BB event. No need to scrutinize it or parse it to death. If anyone wants to know more info on the particulars they can email her and ask...I don't know the answer to any of these questions.

I will just be happy someone wanted to put together such an event and that I am able to watch it! I just thought everyone might like to know that it is supposed to be better than last year. I was just passing on info (I thought) that others might be interested in hearing. Didn't know it would stir up a storm if I posted her messages for her....sorry

Scubalass

07-01-2004

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scubalass a private message Print Post    
Since, You have done a good job, I had no idea what the bash was all about and it was kind of you to let us know and to be in contact with the group who are holding the bash.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Thank you Scuba...that really was my intent.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 8:14 pm
I posted her response because she asked me to...she did not say anyone was bashing the live stream...but she did want to stick up for the lady that got alot of negative response both last year and this year, I understand where she was coming from.

Please don't shoot the messenger!
This is just a fun BB event. No need to scrutinize it or parse it to death. If anyone wants to know more info on the particulars they can email her and ask...I don't know the answer to any of these questions.

I will just be happy someone wanted to put together such an event and that I am able to watch it! I just thought everyone might like to know that it is supposed to be better than last year. I was just passing on info (I thought) that others might be interested in hearing. Didn't know it would stir up a storm if I posted her messages for her....sorry

Well, I thought I was clear in thanking you, and appreciating you!

I'm sorry that didnt come across.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
My other statements were directed at her, because she said she lurked here -

that obviously wasnt communicated by me very well - and I apologize.

Just thought I was "discussing" an event. I certainly didnt want to come across as shooting anyone

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
No worries....I was just starting to feel like Rachael in the BB house.LOL! I love anything BB!

Mummy35332

09-09-2005

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 2:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mummy35332 a private message Print Post    
In, for the Vegas feeds, are we up to 5 watching?

It has to be better than what we have now.

Sleep fest.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 6:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
So far, it's Mummy, Since, Scuba, and me.

That's 4 of us - who am I missing?

Redpen

07-24-2003

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
I'm debating on whether to buy the feeds.

Since I live in LV, I was curious about going to part in person. The site is selling tickets for $150. Are they kidding? For $150 I could see a good show on the Strip! And I wouldn't have to deal with sloppy drunks.

Caprica

02-10-2007

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Caprica a private message Print Post    
Is this 20 bucks in addition to the 30 I already paid for a season of blocked feeds and bubbles?

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Yes, Caprica, but the money does not go to Real, these feeds come from:
http://www.liveatthestudio.tv/VegasBashLiveonline.html

And they indicate that proceeds from the event go to Faith House (www.faithhouseacadiana.com)

There will also be former Survivor and Amazing Race contestants there.

Chippy

08-16-2007

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
Pay for Vegas Bash?

Not with a gun to my head.

Jucylucy

08-23-2005

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jucylucy a private message Print Post    
I'd rather throw 20 dollars out my car window. At least someone would find it and have a good day.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
Ya I didn't watch it when it was free last year and I loved that season but the audio was scratchy, the picture quality poor often. Plus I was listening to a bar of people all talking at once lol

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
FINE! You guys don't want to donate to a charity - then the heck with youse!

JUST KIDDING!

LOL! I know that this season of BB has obviously left a bad taste in the mouths of most of us (me, included) but, I still think it will be a fun watch, mainly because there are going to be more than just S12 houseguests there.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
I will probably buy the feeds. I haven't bought the Real feeds for years now. Hopefully they will all be drinking and some juicy gossiping will be going on!

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
Rose... I brought it up earlier --> nowhere do they mention how much of the proceeds go to charity. All too often events say they are to benefit charity and then the charity gets pennies.

I am not saying that this event is misrepresenting anything...But it is done all the time. The event is billed as "it is for charity" and then the charity gets very little.

I just wonder what % of the proceeds THIS group is donating?

I say buy the feeds if you want the feeds and donation is bonus to the charity, donate directly to the charity if you want to ensure they get your money and you don't care about the feeds.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Yes, Bon, I know...I was just joking about that.

I'm buying the feed because I want to see what goes on in Vegas, and I was trying to bully people into getting them, for a selfish reason:

I want everyone to be here at TVCH chatting about it!!

Chippy

08-16-2007

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
I like Jucy's idea. lol

Lurknomore

07-07-2001

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurknomore a private message Print Post    
Ok maybe I should keep my nose (and fingers) out of this, but I just can't.

First, if it's going to charity it should be posted EXACTLY what percentage is going to charity. I didn't see that. So unless that is clarified, I would assume the majority is going to profit with a small donation to a charity. Sure that's better than nothing, but it's not like saying "well, it's $20 bux towards charity." Kinda reminds me of how Kim and Khloe Kardashian both are running auctions of their clothes stating it's for charity, but if you go to the Ebay auction it states that they are donating 10 and 15% (in that order) and the rest is going to their pockets. (Not sure how I stumbled on that info, but now I'm glad I did since I think it's a great correlation here).

Now, this is what fired me up. I want to start by being SUPER clear. Not one drop of this is directed at Since. I totally understand and respect she was being a messenger. What I don't understand is why doesn't that woman who is putting on this event a) just register here and talk to us directly. (We've had lots of former HG and their family members in the day, so is she above that?), and mostly b) sorry, I didn't like her initial tone or content at all and it makes me question the professionalism of the event.

I can't FATHOM any PROFESSIONAL defending the job that red hair person did last year. It was downright painful to watch. The fact that we fans had to mass Twitter James Rhine and BEG HIM to save the day speaks volumes. So now they want us to pay almost as much as the feed cost for the entire summer, they haven't announced who will be there, exactly what the coverage will be, who their team covering the event will be (that one is HUGE to me), and rather than nicely come here and chat with a core group of fans and maybe generate some excitement for it and answer some questions, their main concern is defending probably the least professional interviewer I have ever seen in my life (including local access TV and HS productions).

So sorry, I'm just not impressed. And from the sounds of it, it doesn't really sound like a great group of BB cast, present and alumni, will be attending.

Now I HONESTLY hope I'm wrong about much of this, and it turns out to be a fabulous job and weekend. I'm just not seeing that potential now. Rose forgive me for being such a wet noodle here, and I hope many join you and you get some tons of fun out of it, both here and in viewing.

I just had to comment on the first few things. Cause after nearly 30 years of doing PR, it drives me pretty NUTZ to see it so poorly handled. If they are on the up and up, and have their act together better than it appears to my somewhat trained eye, hopefully they will clear some of this up before the event! Actually I'm pretty sure by law if they say it's for charity they must say the %. We'll see!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Just to be clear, this is not the first time that someone has posted on behalf of a non-member. For example, people made a number of posts on Bunky's behalf (Bunky was a HG in Season 2).

Lurknomore

07-07-2001

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurknomore a private message Print Post    
Oh I know Jimmer...but it IS true we also had our fair share of HG's and family members posting here as well, no??

And my point was if I had put on an event that had lot's of problems in it's initial year, and I saw there were concerns about it in a forum like this just loaded with potential subscribers, rather than have a go between I would think it much more logical and certainly more friendly to just go talk to them.

And actually I think if the event planners read the questions and concerns here, they would be wise to respond to them and give us answers with facts instead of just coming across defensive (which is how it felt to me). After all, while that Nikki who took the mike may well be the nicest person on the planet, she is NOT a professional interviewer, did a horrific job last year and I'd bet many here are scared that is the quality we would be paying for this year.

Heck, no where in their schedule that I've seen do they even say if/when their will be interviews, with whom and who is conducting them, or explain how they will be covering the event. I could understand them not doing that last year when it was part of the package, but seems to me if they want folks to pay that much, they should be proving those types of details. Again JMHO...it just hit me wrong.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I kind of agree but as someone who has attended the occasional fan convention (not for reality TV but for other stuff) these things have varying levels of professionalism, especially in the early years. So when deciding to "attend" I kind of have to lower my expectations and go with the flow and have fun or just pass on it.

Also, I greatly appreciate whatever details our enthusiastic Members can provide. It adds to my fun and I appreciate whatever they are willing to share. :-)

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Lurk...there is a link at the beginning of the thread that explains a lot of what you're asking.

The feeds are not being provided by REAL, and that red-haired women from last year will not be the interviewer, and I believe this will be a very different event from last year, with beer pong tournaments, and other events.

That being said, no one is FORCING anyone to pay for this additional feed! No need to get panties in a bunch!

And, I'm not getting the feed BECAUSE they said it was for charity, I'm getting it because I think it will be fun, and if it isn't and I'm out $20, oh well! Not gonna get upset about it the way I get MY panties in a bunch over how we are treated with the regular BB feeds.

Now THAT is something I feel I have the right to complain about, due to all the false promises of 24/7 live feed.

At least with this, I'm not expecting a whole lot, this way I won't be disappointed if it's a bust.

I'll let you know how it all works out!