TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 12, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2010: Vegas Bash - Pay Per View - Anyone?: Archive through September 12, 2010 users admin

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
Well last year was sooo bad and now they want us to pay for the feed? and $20 is almost what we paid for the entire season of BB...

It's kinda like going to the supermarket and getting a taste of burnt cake... then them saying well buy one cuz it will be better. And you gotta pay premium price.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
PS this year's cast is not why I am necessarily watching it....there are BB cast from all seasons and non BB reality guests too. Look at the list!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I can't fathom anyone paying $20.00 to watch Rachel get shit-faced on tequila when she goes home to Vegas... because she is "Vegas."

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Why is everyone so negative? Remember, it is a CHARITY event! Hence the $20...which is the price of a few cappuccinos or whatever your guilty pleasure may be...

Aurora

11-24-2006

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Aurora a private message Print Post    
What Bonbon said.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Anyway...she just wanted to clear up all the mis-information about the event. Some will watch some will not. There will always be the Britneys and Regans and the Janelles and Jasons.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It does seem a bit pricey but if it's going to charity then that makes a difference. I can't see myself getting them because I probably won't be able to watch at those times but I'm glad that some other people are getting them as I'm hoping they'll fill us in on what is happening!

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Since, I'm still going to get the Vegas live feed. Having access to archives works for me, as I have plans for Sat. nite.

And, it does sound promising, and better than last year, so I'll take a chance for $20, as long as I get a whole weekend's entertainment out of it.

I always like the houseguests better when they're out of the house!

Scubalass

07-01-2004

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scubalass a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jimmer, I was about to run out and buy a cow bell so people could here me coming and clear the board before I entered it cause I paid for the feeds LOLOL

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
Looks like a nice charity. Faith House is a women's shelter in Lafayette, LA. -- I wonder how much of the $20 gets directed to the shelter?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Scuba LOL! Rosem will be the 3 of us!

Actually, the whole event is for charity, not just the feeds.

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
Yes I understand that... but sometimes events give 100% of the proceeds to charity and then they eat the costs or get things donated to cover the costs... other times events give a portion of the proceeds to charity... After their overhead is taken care of... This sliding scale can go from as little as .03 on the dollar to .95 cents on the dollar.

Jarreau

03-01-2008

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jarreau a private message Print Post    
Since.....well, now you've done it - it's for a charity here in my backyard (Lafayette) - count me in.........

However, I would be interested in the percentage that is going to the charity....

I'm a sucker for a charity.......

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yes I know...I would watch it regardless. As I would buy a movie or DVD it is entertainment to me. And if it turns out to be better than last year it will be worth the price. And if any of it goes to charity...than even better! The glass is half full!

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Right now, Im a charity case...lol...Im canceling the feeds and cant afford to buy 'someone elses' experience for 20$.....I have to eat.....
Ill just look forward to you all to let me know what happened.....Thankyou very much!

Scubalass

07-01-2004

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scubalass a private message Print Post    
Bon, I hear you! Whenever we get charities calling us for donations, which is a lot! I always ask how much goes to the charity, if it is less than 80% I will not donate! I object to paying people to phone me and ask for money!

Scubalass

07-01-2004

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scubalass a private message Print Post    
Chew aww sending you some {{{{{hugs }}}}}} sorry things are not so good for you right now.

Ark

07-10-2001

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
I would buy it but my IP only allows me so much bandwidth and it would be eaten up fast. You all need to report all of the interesting stuff.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I feel the same when I am just giving money...like a donation. But when I am buying something...and any percentage of it is donated to charity...I am happy that any portion of it is donated. Or the totally bogus ones like...when you get a call that for every $10 you donate..it will send a special needs kid/underprivileged kid (take your pick) to the local police rodeo...and the rodeo does not exsit...! That upsets me!

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
I agree Since... If it is something that I would be purchasing regardless, then any amount going to charity is great... But If I would not otherwise purchase the item, then I would want to ensure that a good % of my donation actually go to the charity... otherwise I will just donate directly to the charity... ensure they get it all!!!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Bon, yes...totally agree...You would not get the feeds cause you wanted to donate to the women's shelter. You would just donate directly to the shelter.

Scubalass

07-01-2004

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scubalass a private message Print Post    
Since I agree with you, I am a sucker for cook books, I often buy "charity" cook books, you know the ones with Aunty Mary's best apple pie in it, a percentage goes to charity, I never ask how much goes to the charity.

Having said that I got the feeds for the bash before I knew about the charity, I am a BB fan and I just want to see what happens. I am retired, I have time on my hands, I want to see old BB HG's. I hope that does not sound selfish or greedy, I just want to watch it for the fun of it.

Having been made aware of the charity I will check it out and make a donation.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Scuba...I am also getting the feeds cause I will enjoy watching them. I won't even be able to watch them all live..but when they told me that the events would be archived for me to catch later...that sealed the deal! So if anyone does tear anyone's extensions out...or has a hissy fit...or gets a drink poured on them...it will be waiting there for me to watch!!!

Reader234

08-13-2000

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
sincebb1 - that was really nice of you to post her email - I'm sorry she felt there was bashing going on here- that really shocked me in her response, I understand her need to defend this live stream, but bashing? here? It doesnt seem like a good way to get customers from here.

I do appreciate your fun attitude since, and I'm glad you are posting about an event you are excited about -

I want to know about the sound quality - how are they going to mic the beer pong game for instance?

and if they are so confident in their product perhaps they should offer a refund - maybe give us 1 hour and if you dont like it we'll refund your money....

Aurora

11-24-2006

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Aurora a private message Print Post    
So is it tax deductible?