TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Vegas Bash - Pay Per View - Anyone?

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2010: Vegas Bash - Pay Per View - Anyone? users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through September 12, 2010Scubalass25 09-12-10  1:00 pm
Archive through September 12, 2010Sincebb125 09-12-10  5:32 pm
Archive through September 12, 2010Aurora25 09-12-10  7:57 pm
Archive through September 13, 2010Rosem424325 09-13-10  1:20 pm
Archive through September 13, 2010Lurknomore25 09-13-10  8:23 pm
Archive through September 14, 2010Rosem424325 09-14-10  12:05 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Jucylucy

08-23-2005

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jucylucy a private message Print Post    
Ty Rosem

Lurknomore

07-07-2001

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurknomore a private message Print Post    
Jucy, they have yet to say how much will go to that charity. There was a vague statement when pressed about the high cost of streaming, and it was made clear that there was no exact amount or percentage going. She seemed to approximate that 50% would be donated, but sounded like all guesswork and no specifics to me. She did say that everything from that main event would be donated.

Again, this is a differences in styles, but if I was running this event I would have donated the full amount from one event, then based on the poor quality and potential customers concerns, lowered the cost of the buying the streams. THEN if all went well and the quality is as much improved as she said, by next year you could raise them some.

IE do the weekend for $10, maybe add a charity auction with signed memorabilia if I wanted to donate a higher amount. I would bet FAR more BB fans would go for that reasonable rate. I'd consider offering some promo ie for an additional $5 donation you would receive access to some private page with additional event pics or something like that.

Again different ways to do it and JMHO. I personally would be very curious to know what 5 ends up being donated. For that matter, wasn't it the same last year. Did they ever say how much was donated???

Jucylucy

08-23-2005

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jucylucy a private message Print Post    
Too bad you arent running this Lurk!

BB could even incorporate items from the BB house in an auction.

Who's getting the bowl with the pool tournament winners on it? Have the boys discussed this?

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
about .50 of the feed $ will go to charity.

I read this as $0.50 from every feed subscription goes to charity. (not 50% which would be $10.00 from every subscription)

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I know I read .50 and wasnt sure what that was either Bonbon!

So its a reputable site, so they are "making money" (I use that term loosely, live at the studio - they are a business?) So if 50 people buy the feeds at $20, there's $1,000 -

oh well, math boggles my mind...

I just think they may implode when they realize people's expectations are a bit high - as in higher than last years! (yes, that's not saying much, but if people that buy this Bash, have to twitter bomb someone to bail them out - that might be a problem)

Lurknomore

07-07-2001

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurknomore a private message Print Post    
WOW if you guys are right and it's only 50 cents not 50% going to charity then they have one hell of nerve as promoting this as a charity benefit IMHO!!!

This is why I think things need to be clear stated. And I just don't get why it doesn't at least say on their official web site that "a portion of the proceeds go to charity." That would bother me FAR less! Wonder what the real scoop is??

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Not to be constantly defending the site, but I posted this earlier, from Niki's email:

"Let me clarify The cost of the feeds is basically going to pay for the bandwidth we stream at such a high rate its very expense so honestly about .50 of the feed $ will go to charity. the main charity part is the events them selfs. 100% of every thing made at Hogs & Heifers is donated, the raffle $, the BBQ $, the beer pong auction. the works. We pay for all the food and raffle items so 100% goes to charity. Hoping to raise at least 10K well see, fingers crossed.
The feeds were originally supposed to be done by Real player and trust me there were not going to donate anything out of the subscription fee to the charity. But as we are now doing it it's costing a small fortune. (you don't need to repeat that part lol)"

Anyhoo...I really don't care if ANY of the proceeds go to charity. I really, really don't! I was ready to sign up before the charity thing was even brought up!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Rosem- Exactly!

Lurknomore

07-07-2001

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurknomore a private message Print Post    
But Rose what exactly does this mean;
"so honestly about .50 of the feed $ will go to charity."

When I read it I thought it meant 50%, which seemed kinda high but I didn't say a thing. But several others here felt I was wrong and it meant that 50 cents of the feed prices was what was going to charity. And after re-reading it I think they may well be right.

So don't you think it's kinda misleading if 50 cents out of a $20 fee is what's being donated, but it says in several places that this is being held for charity??

Again don't get me wrong....I'm all for anyone who wants to see it and can afford the 20 bux going for it. I just don't like when anyone isn't clear about an event they are billing as a charity fundraiser. I don't even have a problem if that co was doing it for profit...long as they were honest about it!! But long as folks eyes are open and they know what they are buying, def enjoy!!!

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Lurk, it said that proceeds from the EVENT will go to charity, not the proceeds from the feeds themselves, except for about $0.50 per subscription.

So, I still don't see the issue here. And, like I said, I really don't care if any of their money goes to charity, since that is not why I'm buying the feed!

Carrly

09-28-2000

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carrly a private message Print Post    
My daughter has to go to Vegas this weekend, totally unrelated to BB. I wonder if anyone can get in these events?

Redpen

07-24-2003

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Carrly, check the site. It says $150.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
The Sunday beer pong event is $5.

Mummy35332

09-09-2005

Friday, September 17, 2010 - 2:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mummy35332 a private message Print Post    
Is this where we chat/report when the feeds start for the Vegas Bash, or do we need a new thread without the above controversy?

Mummy35332

09-09-2005

Friday, September 17, 2010 - 2:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mummy35332 a private message Print Post    
Who can predict what amount will go to chairty from the live feeds when it is the first time they have done it? Thier main focus is on what they can control.

The live feeds are to make us feel good. If they make a profit, great, if they don't, we won't get these feeds again.

Mummy35332

09-09-2005

Friday, September 17, 2010 - 2:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mummy35332 a private message Print Post    
What time does it start on Friday/today? Looking, looking, can't find.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Friday, September 17, 2010 - 2:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
It says noon.

http://www.liveatthestudio.tv/VegasBashLiveonline.html

I wondered what you'd be doing with yourself now that the live feeds are over. You do know that it's acceptable to sleep at night, right?

Mummy35332

09-09-2005

Friday, September 17, 2010 - 3:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mummy35332 a private message Print Post    
Teens and Vampire novels.........Seriously I have always been a night person.

And then there is catching up with Bravo.

Oh and menopause ....deleted the rest.

Can we have a Vegas Bash, current live feed discussion? I do so enjoy what the morning people tell me.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, September 17, 2010 - 6:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Anyone who wants to discuss the Vegas Bash is more than welcome to discuss it. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it! :-)

Debra

11-20-2003

Friday, September 17, 2010 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
I too am looking forward to reading about Vegas. TIA

Scubalass

07-01-2004

Friday, September 17, 2010 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scubalass a private message Print Post    
So far no action, just an empty room

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, September 17, 2010 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
scuba post that in the new thread please!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert HG Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: