TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 02, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2010: Ideas to Improve the Show: Archive through September 02, 2010 users admin

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Monday, August 30, 2010 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Lane would beat the dog.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, August 30, 2010 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
-Have the evicted HG decide who the HOH is- the comp on the live show is just to give someone immunity from eviction the following week. In this case, the HOH only gets to pick one nominee- the other one is determined by the winner of a competition.

-Have some randomness with the POV. If it's used, the POV winner has to pick one of 4 envelopes which say "HOH picks replacement", "POV winner picks replacement", "person saved picks replacement", "person not saved picks replacenent".

-Have three nominees instead of 2 (this happened on the Quebec version this year)- This means a tie can happen every week, and is more likely to happen.

-If you have 3 nominees, the nominees are allowed to vote.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Monday, August 30, 2010 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
Wilson I like I like I like!!!!!!

CBS needs folks like you running this show!

Panda

07-15-2005

Monday, August 30, 2010 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Last year they had a garden - why not have it again - they'd probably let it die out though. Not that it's a big improvement but it's something...the have nots got to eat from it too, right?

Caprica

02-10-2007

Monday, August 30, 2010 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Caprica a private message Print Post    
I could care less if they did any charity work or even chores. These people need to be reminded that they are being watched 24 hours a day and they should try to be interesting all the time not just during showtime. In fact they should tell them they are NOT on Showtime live but that their best stuff filmed the previous day will be on showtime.
Give these people strict bed time hours.
Have things like the viewer phone calls and the music/dancing keeping them up all night and then not letting them sleep during the day.
Every night change the food in the pantry so they will never know what they will be eating the next day.
Lock up the pool,pooltable or hottub for no reason for undetermined amount of time.
Lock them outside one night with a porta john for no other reason but to mess with them.
Try making this more of an ordeal and less like a boring vacation.

Big Brother has been just plain old cheap and uninspired this season. AG surely called it in this year. If she is too busy to do Big Brother then give it to someone that wants to make the show better.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, August 30, 2010 - 8:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Caprica, it seems like every year AG gets cheaper and cheaper with the money when it comes to feeding them. We haven't had a single food competition all season (that I can remember). I also remember how after the live shows in previous seasons they might have chinese food one Thursday night, the next Thursday sushi, then pizza, etc. etc. I think now the have nots get to eat pizza for one hour after the show, and then they are back on slop. This crap with the slop has got to stop. I have also heard previous hamsters say that being on slop physically drains them and they have no energy (not to mention that it tends to mess with them in a gastrointestinal sorta way). AG has to know how unhappy we are. Now it seems like this is turning into a pissing contest between AG and the viewers.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Monday, August 30, 2010 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
If they will need to have a double eviction, throw it in early in the season when no one is expecting it and the second eviction will be more random.

Give them more activities to do throughout the season.

Give them one of those "what would you do/what to you think" kind of games that encourages more intelligent conversation.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, August 30, 2010 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
REPLACE Allison G. !!!!!!!

show needs NEW ideas.

Panda

07-15-2005

Monday, August 30, 2010 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Yes, there has not been a food comp where they get this type of food on MOnday, another type on Tuesday, etc. Cheapos!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, August 30, 2010 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Yeah Panda... and what about playing for different types of meats, produce, fruits, dairy products, snacks, etc. That is another reason BB has become so boring. They aren't cooking or eating meals together because half of the house is always on slop.

Lafatme

06-23-2005

Monday, August 30, 2010 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lafatme a private message Print Post    
This thread seems to be more about improving the GAME, not the SHOW.

The show would be better if the non-eviction nights were live with co-hosts, guests, and video highlights of house happenings. Modeled after Sportscenter on ESPN.

News and analysis, not black and white repetition of what we've seen already.

Caprica

02-10-2007

Monday, August 30, 2010 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Caprica a private message Print Post    
That Sportscenter idea is awesome. Instead of trying to make the show like really bad sitcom make it about uh..I don't know...uh..uh a competition.

Hayden and Britney would be good for this concept.They could have old HG's as guest commentators it would be hilarious.

Last nights show was so aweful they recapped themselves twice. I was not sure when to stop fastforwarding.

Panda

07-15-2005

Monday, August 30, 2010 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
LOl thinking back to those kind of competitions, how funny it was when "BEER" was one of the choices and they would all go for it! haha

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, August 30, 2010 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah... remember Amy in Marcellus's season? All she wanted to eat was cheese. She didn't care what the other hamsters won, she just wanted enough cheese for the week. Those were the good old days - before AG realized how much money she could save if she starved the houseguests for two months.

Caprica

02-10-2007

Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Caprica a private message Print Post    
During this very boring season I have been watching season 4. I like the fact that everyone got to play for the veto. I know the comps were simpler but not locking the house guests inside for 2 days makes them more lively.
The house also had more than a pool table to occupy them.
Take away the washing machine. It takes HOURS to hand wash all the clothes,this would also make being the HOH more valuable.
The food comps were simpler back in the day but slop is making the show boring. Not being able to eat real food is making the already stupid people even more stupid.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Caprica, I remember reading an interview from one of the hamsters of seasons past, and he said being on slop physically drains you. Well, since AG went el-cheapo this year and had half of the house on slop the entire season, half of them had no energy for the entire season. I know Kathy slept a lot, but I think she was also on slop for at least three consecutive weeks. She probably had no energy.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
Okay I just posted this on another thread then I saw this one.

They should chose their contestants from these message boards. I think it would be funny and alot more entertaining.

Sbku

07-07-2010

Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sbku a private message Print Post    
In terms of improving the show, stop with the 10 minute recap for every show. I think that they have so little material to work with, they just start showing what has already been seen.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
For one thing, they should let the dancing punishment last the rest of the season.

BB could choose not to play the music at all for days at a time if they wanted, but if the HGs are boring or sleeping all day or whining because they have to wear a penguin suit, then they could play the music every ten minutes. Why have it limited to only 12 hours when BB has the discretion to play it whenever they want for the next couple of weeks?

If it was open ended, BB could still choose not to play it all but ending the dancing punishment took an element of surprise/anticipation/dread out of the show.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
I loved the dancing and so did the houseguests!! Best part of the season for me.

Dawken

07-21-2005

Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dawken a private message Print Post    
I agree about the food comps they were always so fun to watch and made the houseguests work as a group.
Also I feel like the houseguests every year miss a really big point. You are getting paid to be there. That makes this YOUR JOB for 3 months and your job is to be entertaining.
And the whole floater thing has to stop this yr was just mean you make it to the final 2 or 3 in a hoh and have to be on slop cause you tried to actually play !!!! What the heck was that all about.
OK must stop normally just lurk but had to vent some.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
Dawken I feel the same way. The food comp's were alot of fun.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
Stop wasting time and boring us with all the canned DR speeches.

I walked into the BY and saw a clam
I need to win this HOH/POV or I'm toast
Then I missed the target and now I'm nervous
I'm not ready to go home
I'm going to fight
I deserve to be here
Then I noticed that the sun was shining

Blah, blah, blah, blah.

Chippy

08-16-2007

Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
Amen that, Puzzled. The drama! This season, the hg are even makin' fun of what they have to do to "entertain us" with their great DRs. It's so old, it's growin' hair longer than Hayden's.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
It's so old, it's growin' hair longer than Hayden's.

Yes, indeedy.

The only way to save this season is to have a quintuple eviction tonight, and put 14 guests in as a do-over. Then they could have HOH, POV, eviction every show, whizzing right along.