TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 04, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2010: Ultimate Big Brother: Archive through September 04, 2010 users admin

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, September 03, 2010 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
According to Victor, as quoted on DS, the reason Nadia was so upset with Coolio was that he kept asking her if she had a penis. That wasn't on the highlights show. If that's what Coolio was doing, it should have been shown. It would have explained why Nadia was so upset. As it was, it seemed that she was upset because he put her shoes in the bed linens. It came across as an overreaction. If the public knew what was really bothering her about Coolio, they might have been more sympathetic about her anger.

It's hard to believe the public was angry because she told Josie the truth about what we all saw.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Friday, September 03, 2010 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I agree, Mamabatsy. Nadia just gave her opinion about John, the same one many of us share. Shame on Davina for letting the peeps boo when she, herself, wasn't so fond of John for awhile. Just because they are still together does NOT mean he isn't all the things the current HG's said he is. He is argumentative and rude and Josie can to better. To boo someone for saying that is crazy.

I didn't think the BBBM audience ever booed anyone. They are going too far in trying to protect sainted John who acts like a devil.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, September 03, 2010 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm pretty sure that was what was going on, MamaB, people on DS have caught comments like that before, and they did show him (Coolio) saying it in the highlights early on, but little else that was clear. The "continued harrassment" or whatever the phrase BB used on him in the DR suggested there was a lot to it, they don't ask/strongly suggest people to leave for nothing.

Davina's continuous comments about Nadia being the reason Josie went didn't help either - it was all of them bugging her about it. She got some bad luck on editing - not to excuse the things she did herself, just that editing by BB to keep them out of trouble with Ofcom helped her demise.

I meant the outside eviction audience were booing Nadia even when she was crying, Cricket, not the BBBM one. BBBM sometimes make personal jokes that aren't very kind, but Davina usually keeps control of mob behaviour. I think BB made a mistake interviewing them in front of the crowd, particularly as they must have expected a bad response to both of them.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Friday, September 03, 2010 - 11:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
i find it strange that if Coolio said things like that penis comment, that none of us heard it on Live Feeds.

Guess that 15 min delay means they can just Choose to Not Air particularly vile attacks.

Frankly, I found Coolio mocking and mimicking Nadia's Accent the most irritating. I dont care exactly what he was saying and whether it wasnt "that bad". When a person mimics another person's accent, its a pretty obviously racist / bigoted move.

i did not watch the Eviction show and i'm behind on the BBLB and HLs. however, the thot of Vanessa In the house makes me NOT want to put the feeds on. I pretty well am off the feeds anyways.

Most of the House is Unknown to me except from HLs old seasons. I never watched any of these people except ulrika.... and I disliked her first time Around :-(

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Saturday, September 04, 2010 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
The HMs explained to Vanessa about Coolio's penis comments to Nadia around midnight last night if anyone wants to check it out in the archives. The HMs thought it was odd that Vanessa had no knowledge of the exact fallout between Nadia and Coolio. They also wondered what has actually been shown.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Saturday, September 04, 2010 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Today's Task:
Big Brother has a housemate induced headache of epic proportions. Housemates will each be called to the task room and will face a variety of uncomfortable challenges, and if they remain completely quiet throughout they will be invited to a "loud party" later. Any housemate that fails to remain quiet will not be invited.
Rex from BB9 is in the task room dressed in a devil costume.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Saturday, September 04, 2010 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
The tasks all look like fun, but they are not showing any of them. They cut away to anyone waiting in the living room and cut the sound if they are in the task room. I don't think I've heard anything from Rex at all. Looks like BBUK production has taken a cue from BBUS and blocked the task for the HL show.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, September 04, 2010 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I meant the outside eviction audience were booing Nadia even when she was crying, Cricket, not the BBBM one. BBBM sometimes make personal jokes that aren't very kind, but Davina usually keeps control of mob behaviour. I think BB made a mistake interviewing them in front of the crowd, particularly as they must have expected a bad response to both of them.

Ohh, thanks for the clarification, Kitt. I had the computer on, but it was across the room and I couldn't tell where she was.

I missed the first eviction. Was Nick evicted also? Usually, they don't do the evictions until the next show (after waiting 35 minutes) so that's what I paid attention to, but Davina stated that Makosi was the 2nd person evicted.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, September 04, 2010 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Here's new housemate Vanessa's promo pic, should anyone have a need for it ;)

Vanessa

kind of scary eyes!

Noooo, BB does NOT want take cues from BBUS! Is Rex trying to make them laugh or scream or something, and they're not allowed to?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, September 04, 2010 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Cricket, they just meant that John went last week, so Makosi was number two overall, although first that night. Nick survived the vote.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, September 04, 2010 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Wow there's lots of info on the silent task at the official site. Preston had to wrestle with a giant man without saying anything, Victor was covered with goop, Nick was in the electric buzz suit!

Today's twitters:
08:45 Vanessa is pottering around the House and cleaning up on her first morning in the Ultimate House
09:56 The housemates have just been woken up by the Bjork song - It's Oh So Quiet
11:26 Preston is telling Vanessa about his time working at an art museum in Philadelphia
11:43 Some of the gang are speculating about who might make the final
12:12 Vanessa has been given a task - she must write the shopping list on the chalkboard table
13:24 Preston says he gets up early in the morning to look at kittens on the internet
13:31 Ulrika is on a cleaning mission today
14:00 The housemates have a new task
14:16 Ulrika is is talking in not so favourable terms about Nadia.
14:48 Brian has been called to the task room for his task. Rex is waiting, dressed as a devil!
15:03 Brian has finished his task and has returned to the House. Stay tuned to the website for a video coming soon
17.48 Michelle is upset because she isn't feeling well
18.09 The House are chatting about Russell Brand
19.02 Ulrika is chatting about John James!
19.20 Victor has finished his task and is taking a shower!
19.46 Ulrika and Vanessa have just had a lovely chat about being mums!
20.07 Housemates have received costumes for their VERY LOUD PARTY
20.39 Preston and Brian have been given a serious rock and roll make over!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, September 04, 2010 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ooooo so I look at twitters from Peter , who does the Big Brother page for The News of The World, a trashy Sunday paper. He tweets:

peterdyke

Makosi made some amazong revelations about Coolio at last night's press conf! Ooohhhhhhh!

Don't know if that's about the penis thing or more..

lol, his surname got red dotted! you can see what it is from his twitter name. I'll try to remember to look for his column online tomorrow, to see what he says.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Saturday, September 04, 2010 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Marco made a long post at DS that Nadia is now on suicide watch and when she returned home last night found her car egged and abusive letters through the door. He said that Coolio's offensive comments went on for days and were never aired. The editing of his leaving made it looked like Coolio asked to leave when really had received 3 warnings for abusive behavior and BB asked him to leave. It's a very long post and asks that people complain about her treatment. Overall, I do think Nadia had a horrible experience in there and we don't know the whole story.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, September 04, 2010 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Wow. I was surprised when she said it was the worst week of her life, or whatever her phrase was, because we had seen some fun moments on the feeds. Poor thing. If the NOTW is going to expose it then hopefully it will get some traction. Poor thing.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, September 04, 2010 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Here's Makosi's comments on him from her press conference (from DS)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrother/interviews/a272686/makosi-musambasi-ultimate-big-brother.html

What about Coolio?
"Coolio reminded me of Science. He was like my little brother. He is 47, I know, but he behaves like a two-year-old.

What did you think to his behaviour with Nadia?
"I was disgusted by his behaviour. You can't go around calling people 'they' and I think it was the right thing that he left. He kept asking whether she was a he or a she. And he asked me and Josie to touch Nadia in an inappropriate way. I think he did have issues with Nadia as a person. I think him leaving was the best for all parties."

<snip>

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, September 04, 2010 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
And a tweet from Davina, as twitterers are hassling her about it:

ThisisDavina

coolio left under mutual agreement he targeted nadia and was clearly not going to let up so BB and he decided it would be better for hm 2 go

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Saturday, September 04, 2010 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I saw online that Nadia has given an interview to The Daily Star... supposed to be out in the morning. I don't know if that's true, but if so I guess she just needs to voice her side of things - maybe she's not as bad off as reported (I hope so).

Davina is being ripped to shreds in some of the forums for her interview with Nadia. I actually went back to rewatch it and yes, there was some booing, and Nadia became upset over the JJJ questions, but on the whole, it didn't seem like a terribly abusive interview.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, September 04, 2010 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I agree, I didn't think there was anything wrong with Davina's interview, just the crowd's reaction and particularly when they reacted. I've never got the Davina hate - and there's a lot of it - because she just seems so genuinely enthused about BB. She has her favourites and when they're not mine that can be a bit annoying, but I think usually she's caring and into the show. Better her than someone like George Lamb, who never seems to care or know anything.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Saturday, September 04, 2010 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Ulrika and Brian showing no love for Nadia on the LF right now. I thought Brian was friends with Nadia before the show, but he just said they had only seen each other 3-4 times, including a "Come Dine With Me" episode and he really didn't know each her that well.
Ulrika said she thought Nadia was jealous of Josie. I never got that impression! LOL!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Saturday, September 04, 2010 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Here is the article from the Daily star:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/152430/NADIA-I-WANT-TO-END-IT-ALL/

NADIA ALMADA threatened to commit suicide last night after suffering a Big Brother breakdown.

Nadia Almada, 33, said killing herself appeared to be her only option after she left the Big Brother house to a chorus of boos on Friday night.

And in her only newspaper interview, she revealed that ­ viewers have subjected her to abuse, ­sending her hate mail and egging her car.

The transsexual is even planning to take legal action against Channel 4 after claiming the show was unfairly edited.

<snip>

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, September 04, 2010 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wonder what they'll do, if anything. I can see why they made her the fallguy, because they didn't want controversy, and it's different when it's a celebrity (Coolio) anyway because they can't as easily eject them, but their editing has had some pretty serious consequences this time round.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Saturday, September 04, 2010 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Thanks for finding that Mama. I was totally wrong - she is definitely pretty bad off. She does have a lot of online support though so hopefully she'll find a way to resolve everything and move on. I do think she may be owed an apology, but I know very little about broadcasting guidelines.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, September 04, 2010 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Cricket, they just meant that John went last week, so Makosi was number two overall, although first that night. Nick survived the vote.

Thanks, Kitt. Geez, I need to pay attention. I'm glad Nick wasn't evicted. I've been in pain the last couple of weeks and can't keep up with everything. I tore my rotator cuff and have to have surgery. I'm not looking forward to it whatsoever. It's my right shoulder and I'm right handed, so don't know if I'll have to be hunting and pecking with my left hand or what after the surgery.

I need to try to catch up tomorrow. BB UK is still more interesting than BB U.S.

Who do you guys want to win UBB? I kind of want Nick to win, just to get rid of the stigma of what happened to him in his season.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, September 04, 2010 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Sorry about your shoulder, Cricket. I hope it's one of those things that repairs quickly after surgery.

With it being the last BB I'd think they are more able to apologise or make it right that with other seasons, where they would wonder what effect it would have on the franchise. If people begin to be overly nasty to Davina too maybe they will step up and have some discussion. It shocks and saddens me how people lash out these days.

I guess I want Brian to win. I'd be happy with Chantelle too. Or even Ulrika or Preston. That's all though, the rest I'd prefer not to win, for various reasons.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Saturday, September 04, 2010 - 11:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Brian should win, but if not him, Nikki. I know some don't like her childishness, but I just think she is funny. I also think a lot of it is an act. I would be upset if Ulrika or Preston won. They are both beyond boring to me. I don't know anything about Michelle's background, but so far she hasn't done anything to make me dislike her.

Chantelle seems like a basket case to me. He's not into her she needs to move on. It's been four years, she's snogged everyone she's ever dated and still carries a torch. MOVE ON!! Victor and Nick are too sly for my taste, but it wouldn't bother me if Victor won since he is funny in his plotting. I don't know anything about Vanessa so I can't comment.