TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 03, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2010: Calling All Lurkers: Archive through September 03, 2010 users admin

Bonbonlover

07-13-2000

Friday, September 03, 2010 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonbonlover a private message Print Post    
Txkaykay, Phoenix, Donnab, Qchele, Phoenix, Gldnlvr, Connies... WELCOME

nice to meet you all!!

I hope I didn't miss anyone... but if I did... just holler.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, September 03, 2010 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    

Welcome to all the lurkers coming out of lurkdom.

Dfennessey

07-25-2004

Friday, September 03, 2010 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dfennessey a private message Print Post    
I used to Lurk all the time (years ago) but now I am addicted to posting as well. Everyone has always made me feel welcome no matter what.

Punkin

08-13-2009

Friday, September 03, 2010 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Punkin a private message Print Post    
Hey there! Punkin coming out from lurking! I've been watching BB since season one, but found TVCH at maybe season three. I live in SF Bay Area and have never had feeds so have depended on the live feed posters here, albeit, as I read the overnight posts, I am never able to respond or ask questions of the posters I read. I am now retired and last season decided to post only to discover I had never yet registered as a member! LOL

I could use some advice though. Last week I sent a PM to a BB poster who was quitting smoking, encouraging her, as a recent quitter, in her efforts. Afterward I realized I didn't know how to see if she had seen my PM and responded. How do I go there???

Also, I want to send a PM to an overnight BB poster who described herself as a "bleeding heart pinko lefty", which, remarkably, is my exact own description and we even both live in No. Calif. (though she lives in a hauntingly beautiful forest that I can only visit every chance I get from my home in the metropolis). Last night she described her profession and I could really, really use some advice in that direction. So, tell me please how I can reach her on this board and how to find any response she might have.

TY for your help. This was a great thread to post just now! Got to ask my questiions without a big OT post at BB discussion! :>) DH and I are also great TAR and Survivor fans, so I'll be checking those out too!

Ciao for now, Lynda

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, September 03, 2010 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Welcome to all the lurkers out there. It's wonderful to hear from everyone.

I was just thinking the other day how TVCH is a great community but it does get a little quieter after BB. So I hope y'all stick around, enjoy all the many different areas of the board and keep posting. :-)

Jmm

08-16-2002

Friday, September 03, 2010 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Punkin, Welcome aboard.

PMs go to the e-mail account that you used when you joined the board. You need to watch your spam folder in your e-mail since sometimes PMs or responses fall down there.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, September 03, 2010 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Hey Lynda!

PM's are sent to the email address the member has registered with TVCH. There's no way to tell if the person has checked their email or not.

If the message isn't confidential you can also post it in their Member folder in the Member area if they have one. You can create a Member folder for yourself there as well. It's for fun personal stuff that you don't mind sharing with all Members.

Jmm

08-16-2002

Friday, September 03, 2010 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Kittykat, Wow you are some longtime lurker so welcome to posting. I agree that the BB area is very fast paced and sometimes by the time you type something they've gone on to something else. LOL

Just get in there and type anyway, heck, other people are coming in and they might have missed the earlier discussion. If you check out the other areas of the board you will find that they are a more relaxed pace and easier to keep up with.

Jmm

08-16-2002

Friday, September 03, 2010 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Connies, Now that you've outed yourself we hope to see you posting more often and in many different areas. Welcome to the wide world of posters.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, September 03, 2010 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - You're too fast replying for me Jmm! Typing on the iPhone slows me down. :-)

Jmm

08-16-2002

Friday, September 03, 2010 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Yes, but you always explain it better, Jim.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, September 03, 2010 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Your explanations are great but it's sweet of you to say that. Oh and typing this stuff on my phone doesn't mean I'm addicted.

Monkeydancer

04-03-2008

Friday, September 03, 2010 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Monkeydancer a private message Print Post    
Major lurker here, since Season 2 I believe. I have only posted a few times, but I read it all. Normally just stay in the BB area because it is time consuming enough. I love all of the posters, I don't get the live feeds so they keep me filled in :-)
I often crack up at what I read. My favorite was one night when I was reading through my phone, in bed, with my husband snoring beside me. Someone (can't remember who) kept thinking she was hearing a female DR person talking to Matt and giving him strategies. She was blown away that she was hearing it and kept posting about it and wondering if anyone else could hear it. About 2 pages later she stopped typing long enough to read what others were writing and realized it was Ragan that was talking to Matt. Everyone was laughing with her and I was trying so hard not to laugh out loud and wake my dh. But you know how you laugh even harder when you're not supposed to laugh? Yeah, that happened, over and over. So funny!
(okay, I just wrote more in this one post than I've written on here ever!)

Jmm

08-16-2002

Friday, September 03, 2010 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Great to meet you, Monkeydancer, I hope we see lots more posts from you.

Sidecar

07-23-2007

Friday, September 03, 2010 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sidecar a private message Print Post    
Hi! I usually just post once or twice a year, but I love BB and love this site. I get goosebumps just seeing the blue pages and the fonts when the season is about to start. As a point of trivia, I was a Nielsen family the first few years of BB and watched many hours of that and other reality TV that was on at the time, so I credit myself with the rise of reality TV..LOL!!! Thanks all for many hours of enjoyment speculation and spoiling.

Brat017

09-03-2010

Friday, September 03, 2010 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brat017 a private message Print Post    
Hi my name is Andi and I am a longtime lurker.

Most of my friends hate me because I already know what's going to happen on shows - I've just learned to keep my mouth shut.

Hopefully this isn't my last post...

Dfennessey

07-25-2004

Friday, September 03, 2010 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dfennessey a private message Print Post    
Brat017 my roomate used to get mad at me about knowing things before the show. guess what this year she has been a lurker on this thread and finding things out.

Siperono

05-28-2009

Friday, September 03, 2010 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Siperono a private message Print Post    
Valerie here. Been lurking under other s/n's since BB3. I've added my 2 cents in a few times. Mostly come out of hiding when Lurkers get called out LOL .. going back to Lurkdom now

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, September 03, 2010 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's funny Andi!

Hey Sidecar. That's great you were and are a reality fan. Good for reality TV. Hope you keep posting but have fun in any event!

LOL - Don't hide too much, Siperono. We like hearing from people!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Friday, September 03, 2010 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Hi..I've been a lurker since way back. Remember
when the precucsor to this site was Bomis or
something like that? I only watch Reality TV and
love this site because there are no Fbombs or
Bbombs, etc.. Love the spoiling on Survivor and
Bachelor/ette and TAR.

Mammothcavebob

08-15-2010

Friday, September 03, 2010 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mammothcavebob a private message Print Post    
Hi everyone. My name is Bob and I live in beautiful Mammoth Cave, KY (the town that contains the national park.)

Just moved here in January and I have no TV service. I watch BB the next day on CBS's
web site. This show is the only one I make a point to watch now that Lost has gone off the air.

I came out of lurkdom to post this season after 11 seasons of reading others' posts. I like this board because you really seem to be a community that cares about its members and you folks do not correct other people's spelling or grammar and do not make insulting remarks about posters.

Your comments and insights make BB even more enjoyable.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, September 03, 2010 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Glad you like it here, Jag!

Bb_guy

08-16-2010

Friday, September 03, 2010 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bb_guy a private message Print Post    
I'm OUT lurking 3 years now

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, September 03, 2010 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Great to hear from you, Bob and Bb_guy!

Everyone, As people have mentioned there are lots of different areas and different topics at TVCH. Check out all the different areas if you haven't already. A good starting point is the Main Forum Menu page which can be found here

https://tvclubhouse.com/forumcgi-bin/forum/discus.cgi

or by clicking the little red "TOPICS" in the banner shown on every page.

Triciatoronto

07-04-2010

Friday, September 03, 2010 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Triciatoronto a private message Print Post    
My name is Tricia (hence the original posting name lol) and I have lurked here for years. I finally decided to join this year and have posted a couple of times.

I have to thank all of you regulars for the live feeds recaps, the screen caps and the live feed discussion. This site is what makes BB enjoyable for me year after year.