TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 30, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2010: Ideas to Improve the Show: Archive through August 30, 2010 users admin

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
I like that idea, Sanfran

Bowl4sport

07-21-2008

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bowl4sport a private message Print Post    
Sanfran, wouldn't that work against the smaller alliances when up against a large alliance?

Have Nots - No slop, but they have to eat their three meals at the table, not wherever they want, at designated times (no snacks). No booze. They have to clean the house and do the cooking and dishes, etc.

Cut short, someone at the door.

Callasin

06-21-2005

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Callasin a private message Print Post    
Zgoodgirl one of the best shopping episodes I remember from BBAU was the time the shopper left the bag of meat in the store when time was up. Big Brother would not let them go back in and get it.

Oregonguy

02-12-2006

Friday, August 27, 2010 - 5:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oregonguy a private message Print Post    
no america involvement

also quit repeating the same type of challenges. these hg's know whats coming.

Kittyab

07-15-2005

Friday, August 27, 2010 - 5:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kittyab a private message Print Post    
I think they should have a extra prize for HOH like with AR you come in first you win a trip. Something to give you more incentive to win and not throw it.

Or the loosers of the HOH or veto is a have not? But the throwing of comps is so lame...

Caprica

02-10-2007

Friday, August 27, 2010 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Caprica a private message Print Post    
Any thing that involves America is bad idea in my opinion. They might as well do away with all competition if America is involved.
Our society is based on how people look and liking what you know. The reason that other Big Brothers across the world work is because those viewers enjoy seeing people that are different from them. They like outrageous people that they would probably never meet in their real lives.American's are too shallow and judgmental. They like people that are just like them and their neighbors. They are very uncomfortable with anything that is not just like themselves. Also the majority of the TV viewers are the same 60 year olds that voted for Taylor Hicks to win AI and flock to see Clay Aiken when ever he sings at the local state fair.

Caprica

02-10-2007

Friday, August 27, 2010 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Caprica a private message Print Post    
-14 people that are there to play Big Brother not get famous.

-Do not give them dvd's of previous seasons in sequester.

-Turn Pandora's Box into a private kitchen/living/entertainment room for the HOH.
Make being HOH to good to throw comps.

-Make the HOH keep his/her room locked at all times.

-No using the HOH bathroom if you are not HOH.

-No more slop. Food comps giving HG's limited pantry.HOH has own pantry upstairs no sharing with other HG's.

-Have-not room is for punishment.Each violation is a night in the have-not room.
-Punishment for singing,talking about production and DR sessions and punishment for breaking things on purpose. Punishments for breaking food restrictions.

-Veto is played by the noms and HOH. Three random people picked to play also, Replacement nom is picked from those three people.
This stops backdooring and throwing POV's.

-No more special powers that are thrown in to save producers favorite players.

Allison Grodner and Robin Cass
Let the players play and edit the show that you get.
If you cast good people the show will be good.
Do the job you get paid to do.
We have been loyal to you it's time for you to be loyal to us. Stop blocking the feeds so much.

Leroy17

08-01-2010

Friday, August 27, 2010 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Leroy17 a private message Print Post    
I think they should be allowed to talk about DR sessions and production. This would inhibit producer manipulation more than anything else. They would have to stick to just rigging competitions like they did by making sure the top two boxes in Hayden's bin had the right answers in them.

Kellsma

08-27-2002

Friday, August 27, 2010 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellsma a private message Print Post    
Since they have to much free tine I would love to have them do some sort of job. Maybe some office work for a charity or something. Something useful, stuffing envelopes, etc. Have set wake up times, where meals have to be eaten, clean up or receive punishments. If they don't follow the rules, if affects the food they are given or getting to go outside and enjoy the sun and pool. I would just like to see some better use of their time while in the house, something that could benefit some group.

Leroy17

08-01-2010

Friday, August 27, 2010 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Leroy17 a private message Print Post    
I love the charity work idea Kellsma. Their food allowance could be tied to how much money their projects raise.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, August 27, 2010 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Flip it upside down....have all gay HGs except for one token straight HG. It could make for a fun game and it would give the token straight HG a chance to experience the fun of being in a minority for the summer!

Leroy17

08-01-2010

Friday, August 27, 2010 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Leroy17 a private message Print Post    
Love it, SFJF. It would be really great if the HG weren't told so we get to watch how long it takes for them to figure it out.

Saguaro

06-21-2005

Friday, August 27, 2010 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saguaro a private message Print Post    
I would like to see them fill the gaps of nominations and competitions with more task they need to do in the house. Things that will earn them rewards and keep them busy. Too much laying around. The American Idols work harder on their show.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, August 27, 2010 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I'm hoping that next year the Zingbot will be a HG!

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, August 27, 2010 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
more Zingbot for sure!!!!

Friend

05-21-2008

Friday, August 27, 2010 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Friend a private message Print Post    
To improve the show, they should just put SanFran in charge of the whole thing!

Caprica

02-10-2007

Friday, August 27, 2010 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Caprica a private message Print Post    
I don't think they should reuse anything.
The Pandora's Box is so over used I'm starting to think that the life long friends must live in there.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, August 27, 2010 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    

A fresh .gif courtesy of Bonza in case anyone brings up lifelong friends.

Chippy

08-16-2007

Friday, August 27, 2010 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
First off, they should MAKE the houseguests follow the rules. They had to tell Britney 4 times last night to quit talking about the "vacation" and she didn't till she was done. They even acted like an angry parent but there are never any consequences. There should be some kind of strike system and after three, you're OUT. That goes for talking about DR, production, vacation, singing, etc. I'm sick of the teenaged mentality of all of em.

Second, enough with the lame twists. The sab was a complete flop times TWO. ? Some fuzzy voice altered image spouting lies is supposed to sabatage what exactly? Ragan got 20K for absolutely nothing. And they still haven't mentioned his name as a possibility. Lame and lamer.

Pandora's box is another flop... squared. The only one who got anything worth a darn was Matt and he managed to make even a diamond veto worthless. Jesse? 91 bucks? No cups? Who cares.

Next up, get rid of the whole slop nonsense. They could make a slop gourmet buffet with all the other stuff they're allowed to go with it but by gosh, don't drink a coke? Feh.

Lastly, get some people who want to play the game and offer up some diversity in age, culture, religion, etc.

Oh... and NO sleeping from wake up call to bedtime. Period.

Ruskybizz

07-09-2009

Friday, August 27, 2010 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ruskybizz a private message Print Post    
Great ideas here! I really would like to see them do some kind of work. Charity would be super. Maybe not give them such a luxurious house to live in. Give them a basic house and make them paint and work for beds, pillows, couches etc. Make them grow their own vegetables. I cringe when I see how much food they waste. Make them do chores for rewards. And if they fail or break the rules, make the punishment something they will strive to avoid. Bring back evicted HGs or put new ones in. Put them in 12 hours of solitary where no one can talk to them at all. Get rid of slop. And, yes, keep them from sleeping all day.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, August 30, 2010 - 1:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I think a lot of these ideas are great, This group in particular has seemed too spoiled.

It is no fun when they all know what is coming... was anyone surprised by the double eviction?

They really need to shake up the game and have it been different than we've seen before.

What do the UK and Australia do? anything to shake it up here?

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Monday, August 30, 2010 - 3:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I really like the idea of having some sort of punishment when they break the rules. Also, take the clock away. The first year they had no clocks. When someone wins the POV, they should be able to nominate who they want put up, that should stop the backdooring. I love having them dance when they hear the music. That was fun to watch. The HOH should also give each person chores to do for the week. That place is a mess and no one seems to do dishes or clean up anything.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Monday, August 30, 2010 - 6:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
Chores.
Dancing to music.
Make them switch their clothes every week with another houseguest.
Give them a pet dog or cat.
Have daily games were winner gets to not do chores and loser has to eat slop.

So tired of each day blending into the next.

Puzzled

08-27-2001

Monday, August 30, 2010 - 6:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Puzzled a private message Print Post    
They need at least half of the people to be interesting people. This year is so boring and pathetic because the hamsters only use their heads to sprout their hair.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, August 30, 2010 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Give them a pet dog or cat.

Did you see what happened to the fish? It didn't work out too well for the fish. Besides, the backyard is turf, there wouldn't be any place for the animal to go to the bathroom.