TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 25, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2010: Ultimate Big Brother: Archive through August 25, 2010 users admin

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
I think Josie will end up very upset - the rollercoaster of the last few days has got to catch up with her and hit her hard.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I agree- Josie's due for a bit of a crash after the high she's had..

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
ToT gave John a task to be really nice to everyone and he gets a paper everyday. Now, the Tree is talking to John telling him he has to compliment everyone still and John is fighting him. If John fails the task, he will be immune from eviction Friday. John says that he's fulfilled the deal and he won't go "complimental"!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, at some point it's all going to hit her. I think they're doing it for her own good but when she's there with no external information all it's going to do is confuse her.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Funny the ToT's task involved John escaping eviction... he always says he wants to go, the others usually nominate him, and the audience mostly want him out!

I wonder how bad "not nice" John will be, as "nice" John wasn't that wonderful.

Nominations will be interesting.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've only just clicked - it's mid week already. I heard them mention nominations a while ago, does anyone know if they've been told they have to nominate before Friday?

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
No talk of nominations that I've heard so far...

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Then I reckon Friday will be two in and no one out - not enough time for the audience to vote someone out otherwise.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Ulrika just had a cry in the bathroom now Nikki is melting down in the bedroom with Ulrika comforting her.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Ulrika giving Josie a pep talk - telling her that her relationship with John James is private and not to worry about it. Apparently several people have commented that Josie needs to see John James' diary room sessions to understand why they're so down on him...
It's just not the time and place for her to worry about this relationship and they should know that. There is nothing she can do about it - all she CAN do now, is worry.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I have a feeling Nikki expected Pete to be there. I'm wondering if that is the cause of her (first) meltdown (within 24 hours)

I wonder if they are worrying Josie to throw her off her game.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Nikki said many times today that she really misses everyone from her season... even the ones she didn't get along with. I don't think she expected Pete to be there though.
I wondered that too, Will, about Josie - but no one seems that conniving yet. They all seem to genuinely like Josie and it seemed more like they were trying to "prepare" her - however, they just wouldn't stop, either and no one seemed to care that she's been locked up for 3 months and can't do anything about what they're saying!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
If they haven't been nominating or promoting telephone numbers to call, how can they have an eviction on Friday? Have they ever given the Housemates the power to evict through votes in the Diary room the way BB US does? Could they have an open season and have the housemates vote to evict anyone they want? That would be interesting.

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
The HMs voted Vanessa out in BB6 I think - around the table, right in front of each other. Anyone remember that?

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Did Nikki have a meltdown today? If so, what time UK was it if anyone knows? Thanks.

The 2 HG's coming in Friday are from previous seasons and not this season, right?

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
My post above was 11:51 am board time and it was right around then - after they had dinner. So try looking around 7:45 pm UK time, Cricket...

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
FYI- the bookies have it at about even money that Channel 5 will pick up the show at some point...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcasting/news/a267486/channel-5-closes-on-big-brother-deal.html

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't think they can have an eviction now, MamaB, they would have had to have opened up the phone lines today really, and they haven't done that. Possible they could do it tomorrow night, but unlikely I think.

Sara, I think I remember the one you meant - they had two to choose from didn't they, Vanessa and another girl... might even have been Makosi. Not sure how they arrived at the two to choose from, whether that was an audience vote.

Brian Belo has been doing a show on Five recently, so they're getting very BB-ish. I'd be surprised if they don't pick it up.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Found a wiki... "The housemates had to pick whom to evict out of the two people with the most votes. These turned out to be Makosi and Vanessa, with Makosi receiving the largest percentage of votes. Six of the seven housemates chose to evict Vanessa, with only her close friend Kemal voting to evict Makosi, meaning Vanessa was evicted on Day 50."

I don't think they'd do that now, so many people aer so quick to ask for their money back if they don't get what they want.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Also found this... thought it might be interesting info for us:

Name Age Series Year Status
Nick Bateman 42 BB 1 2000 Ejected
Brian Dowling 32 BB 2 2001 Winner
Nadia Almada 33 BB 5 2004 Winner
John McCririck 70 Celebrity BB 3 2005 Evicted
Makosi Musambasi 29 BB 6 2005 Third Place
Chantelle Houghton 27 Celebrity BB 4 2006 Winner
Preston 28 Celebrity BB 4 2006 Fourth Place
Nikki Grahame 28 BB 7 2006 Fifth Place
Coolio 47 Celebrity BB 6 2009 Third Place
Ulrika Jonsson 43 Celebrity BB 6 2009 Winner
Josie Gibson 25 BB 11 2010 Winner

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
That is very interesting. No one from 3, 8, 9 or 10? I only started watching during 7 so I don't know any of them. Funny that two CBBs each have two while some regular BBs have none.

Marksman

05-04-2007

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marksman a private message Print Post    
I decided to look up the ages on this past BB season with Josie, because I felt she went from being one of the older hosuemates, to being the youngest. She was more in the middle on regular BB.

The weird thing I noticed though is Shabby's first name was Keeley, I never knew that. I really hope Josie can make it through. I think first noms will be interesting to see if people strategically target her or not.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Big Brother 3 was Jade's year... I wonder if they felt awkward having someone and not being able to have her? Although there were rumours Alex Sibley was going to go in. I wonder if the two newbies will fill in the gaps.

Just watching tonight's show and Chantelle asked Preston to look after her, awwww. I think it's going to be really complicated for them, they're obviously both very fond of each other.

Chantelle and Nikki fell out after a row several YEARS ago and hadn't made up until now?!!

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the info on Nikki, Sarasmile. I'll check the archives for that time.

So Chantelle and Nikki just made up after entering the house? Wow. So far, these peeps seem to be getting along.

I was thinking about Josie in this show vs. her show re age as well. She seems young for this group. She doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of them.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
From the twitter:

02:57 Josie is making a late night visit to the Diary Room
03:59 Josie has been having a long and tearful conversation with Big Brother, and is now heading back to the Bedroom

Poor Josie, over an hour in the DR in the middle of the night, she must be feeling awful, and without the sleep probably will tomorrow too.

I think she fits in ok with Chantelle and Preston, and Nadia's always nice (if blunt) to nice people. And Ulrika will look after her a bit. I hope they realise they're not helping with the JJ talk, and will just get used to her and include her more.

I think the first noms will go to Coolio and John, just because they are both hard to live with. Maybe Makosi if they think she's fake.

(And talking of fake - if Makosi is going to try and fake her way through the show like last time she may have to change her tune. She was good at it last time because no one new that's what she does. Now they all, or most of them, know. It would have been nice to see her play a different role, she's definitely smart enough to create one even if she didn't want to be herself, but the clip of her crying makes me think she's playing the same game, and I don't think it will go down well.)