TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Ideas to Improve the Show

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2010: Ideas to Improve the Show users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through August 17, 2010Zgoodgirl25 08-17-10  5:46 pm
Archive through August 30, 2010Lexie_girl25 08-30-10  6:20 am
Archive through September 02, 2010Puzzled25 09-02-10  4:33 pm
Archive through September 08, 2010Shenanagon25 09-08-10  12:06 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
No "normal" person would ever agree to be filmed 24/7 on a national TV show. It takes a particular kind of crazy to agree to do that.

Caprica

02-10-2007

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Caprica a private message Print Post    
Since next year is Big Brother 13 they should make the twist about Bad Luck.

Every thing in the house should suck.
The beds should suck.
The beds should break the first night they try to sleep on them.
The Kitchen should suck.The fridge should be very small,no stove only a hot plate and a toaster oven, the microwave should break.
The bathroom should suck. No hot water at all.
The pool and the hot tub should be empty. No pool table,no washing machine.
Instead of having a Have Not competition they should have a Lucky Charm comp every week to get things improved in the house if they are "LUCKY".

The HOH should be the only person that gets a nice bed and nice bathroom. No more letting people use the HOH bathroom or share the HOH perks. The HOH room is for the HOH only.But no more HOH letters from home.

HoH gets to send their clothes out to be laundered. Put a giant sink in the downstairs bathroom with a washboard in it for the rest of the house to use.

HOH gets unlimited access to all kinds of foods, the rest of the house gets limited food access base on the order they were eliminated in the HOH competition. During the Veto comp they can earn greater access to food or lose access depending on their placement in the veto comp.

As the season progresses the Luck of the players will improve and the house will get better but they have to work for it.

America votes for "Good Luck" or "Bad Luck" should happen every so often. Prizes like phone calls or letters from home. Even special prizes for the whole house like Trampolines or PingPong tables.
America could even vote to take things away from the house.Take things away that they have earned like new stove or washing machine,access to the pool and hottub.

Winning or losing every competition should have consequences.

Let's see what happens on a season when throwing a competition could ruin the rest of a House Guests stay in the Big Brother House.

Leroy17

08-01-2010

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Leroy17 a private message Print Post    
Caprica, that's the best set of suggestions I've seen yet. We'd finally return to the days of serious drama in the house 24/7. Instead of constantly padding the broadcast episodes, they'd have more than enough to fill them up with events worth watching.

Justin42

08-05-2001

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Justin42 a private message Print Post    
CBS-- Cast a group of 12-14 strangers with some life experience behind them so they can have a conversation about something halfway intelligent.

Fire Allison Grodner.

I will send you full seasons of BB UK. Have someone start watching them approximately one month before BB US starts.

Now the important part-- DO EXACTLY THE SAME SHOW STRUCTURE. Same challenges, same nomination process, same voting process. You can keep Julie but only if you let her show some of her real personality, like in the EW blogs, and not acting like she's trying out for a network news anchor job.

Guaranteed ratings gold. I know it slowed down in the UK but only because they never changed THEIR format. But it's totally new for the US and a lot more compelling (and fun) to watch.

Since I know that will never happen:

So much of the problem with BB US right now (which, of course, no one will admit there's a problem as ratings are higher than ever) is it's predicatable. If you've seen one season, you've seen any AG season, in terms of when endurance comps are, how vetos work, etc.

I've said it before, but part of why BB2 and 3 were so fun was NO VETO (well, 3 had it but it wasn't the same) -- you had people melting down knowing they were nominated for a week. Often, the sure "pawn" felt insecure, melted down, got on everyone's nerves, and got voted out for it.

They need to tweak the format so HoH has less power (and this "will of the house" crap has to stop, people have to vote for who THEY want out; unanimous votes should only happen for truly horrible people), and the veto competitions should have a "default" winner of "no veto". Make competitions not just against each other, but the clock -- i.e., "if none of you perform the action to win the veto in 5 minutes, there is no veto this week."

So let HoH nominate ONE person. Let America nominate the other person. Each HG votes who to evict; America always gets one vote, and in case of a tie America's vote decides the evictee.

Keep the HGs on edge. Throw new people in occasionally. Do true double evictions (have 3 go up sometimes; 2 go). Enforce the rules with penalty noms-- no ifs, ands, or buts-- you break the rules, you're nommed. Make BB a true "character" as in the UK series-- let us hear the producers talk to the HGs and mess with their heads.

Make them compete for food like the UK; more tasks to work together makes them more interdependent and makes them HAVE to communicate/talk to the "other side" of the house. (this season didn't really have the split but most do)

Allow the HGs to do a coup "vote" on their own and depose the HoH -- make it a 3/4th majority vote could pull a coup, and immediately nom the HoH. (I'll admit this could backfire but it'd be interesting)

Basically, QUIT MAKING BB A FUN SUMMER CAMP! Make them earn their keep, and earn their prize...

(I do have a feeling next year is doomed being BB 13; I'm not normally superstitious but this show can be such a mess under the best of circumstances it seems to be begging for it-- although making it "fake" doomed would be great; have stuff go wrong all season-- plumbing "breaks", competitions "fail", lights go on and off all hours of the day and night, etc)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Bravo Justin, Bravo!!!

My only tweak would be to lock up the hot tub and extraneous stuff and force them to clean the house. Make them work for the fun stuff. That house was absolutely disgusting. Also - no slop and more food competitions. If they don't win food for a certain day, then they eat PB&J. This year's food supply has been atrocious - these guys think eating turkey dogs is a treat.)

Jeff33

07-05-2009

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeff33 a private message Print Post    
Justin, I agree with everything you said but had doubts on the "coup vote thing".. I would also like it that the only person that can be in the HOH room is the HOH.. If he/she wants to talk to anyone let him go to them and not let "friends" go watch the spyscreen, take showers, go to the bathroom, listen to music and SLEEP. The best one you had was the first one:

CBS-- Cast a group of 12-14 STRANGERS with some life experience behind them so they can have a conversation about something halfway intelligent.

Jeff33

07-05-2009

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeff33 a private message Print Post    
On the show part, get rid of the "Who wants to see my HOH room" that has gotten to be nothing but a time filler and has gotten old.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I'd have them start with 12 people, then after three evictions- two intruders come in with Co-HOH power for the week (each of them can nominate one person)- They would have been sequestered out of the country so they would have no idea what was going on, so everyone would have a fresh chance to make an impression- or dupe them into getting rid of an enemy...

and I do love the "cursed" BB13 idea- build tall ladders over some of the doors so no matter what, they'd always walk under them, have upside-down horseshoes all over the place, broken mirrors, etc..

And to tie into that, give them a chance to win more than the $500K by having long-term comps (like say the water-cube one other BB's have done where they have to keep their hands plugging holes for 48 hours to keep water from leaking out of a container- the more water that stays in the container, the more money they win)

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Have the hgs go on Wipeout!

Caprica

02-10-2007

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Caprica a private message Print Post    
I could never watch Big Brother if America was given the power to evict players.
I hated season 8. Every week I watched Eric(who would have been an awesome player) make bad moves and help Dick get further along in the game. Dick played the worse social game I have ever seen and Eric would have convinced the house to boot him week 2 if not for America pulling his strings.
The edits are not TRUE so the viewers can not make informed decisions and sadly Americans fear people that are different.
The reason that season 1 failed was because all the really interesting people were voted out early on.

Chippy

08-16-2007

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
I agree, Caprica. When America gets involved, the game goes out the window and it becomes a popularity contest. I think we have enough of that already.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Caprica, I do not for one minute think AMERICA was involved in S8.

We were all duped to make us think that, but it was a way for the producers to interfere in the show, so that Dick could win. I think AG must've been doing him.

And, I actually think that the houseguests vote out the most interesting people, so that there is less drama for them to deal with, and an easier ride.

JMHO, I know you guys disagree with me!

Cr8ofdata

01-13-2004

Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cr8ofdata a private message Print Post    
Here is my idea, although I LOVE the BAD LUCK house idea... that is the best ever!!!! Someone needs to make sure CBS sees that!!!

My idea was about the Power of Veto - every week would be different and the HG would not know until the comp was over. So they would have the normal POV, then one that the winner can take someone off and name the replacement (diamond), one that the winner can take both off and name both replacements (platinum) then some weeks there would be NO POV - but they wouldn't know until the day of comp. That way the HOH would have to show his or her hand and no one would throw the comp not knowing what they would be winning or not winning until the end.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Better casting!!!
Every time they go against the rules, take some of their stipend away...

No more pandora boxes, no more sabotage. No more morph games.. .it's getting old.

Make them play extra comps to win that extra stuff.

Make them do chores and if they don't take away more of their stipend.

Send them to JH from the first eviction and then put live feeds there as well and show them every thing that happens in the BB house and show us their comments. That would be a hoot!!! If they don't have time during the tv show, have the Live Feeds enjoy what goes on in the JH...

Suzsmarmie

07-26-2005

Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Suzsmarmie a private message Print Post    
Go back to the old way of the jury questioning the finalists. I can remember Danielle being absolutely devastated after the jury questions in her season. That crap last night was just lame..

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
When I canceled my RP today, I got the same spiel
about keeping it, and I told them BB was so bad
this year I didn't care about the post shows on
RP and I was told that everyone felt the same way
and RP has already informed CBS that people are
not pleased with this year and they should pick
better contestants and make the show more inter-
esting.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
The HOH room should only allow 1 guest at a time. Watch them all scramble to figure out what the HOH is plotting.

Gmarie

09-02-2010

Thursday, September 16, 2010 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmarie a private message Print Post    
I agree about the HOH room, keep it private. Also about the "Who wants to see my HOH?" That has gotten so lame, or at least let them say, hell, no, I don't give a damn.I also hate the slop thing and did like it when they had to win food groups for the week. I missed the clothes "reward" this year. At least the fashion show they did afterwards was something for them to do. If they are interested in something, I think the audience would be too. Last, I really hate the repeated, stop singing, you are not allowed to talk about production, the jury room, etc. Give them a meaningful penalty or something. It reminds me of the mothers in the grocery store saying to their kids, "if you do that one more time...." fifty times as they haul the screaming kid around. You know nothing ever happens, and so does the kid. The houseguests this year seemed to absolutely ignore the "warnings". OK, I'm done for now. lol

Chippy

08-16-2007

Friday, September 17, 2010 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
C'mon Allison... act like the jury questioning matters. Quit with the consensus questions to ONE or the other final 2 and give it more time. We want truths to come out and we want drama. What we don't want is a replay of what we've already seen and already know taking up the majority of the time. And Julie, please, in the name of everything holy on this earth, quit saying, "BUT FIRST". lol

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, September 17, 2010 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Is there a way to send this whole thread to production??

I loved so many of the suggestions here, especially the HOH being private and allowing only those invited by the HOH (no more entering at your own leasure!). There are a lot of ways to improve this show and I'm surprised production isn't listening or maybe they aren't reading these, so I hope someone finds a way to send them to CBS.

Chippy

08-16-2007

Friday, September 17, 2010 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
That HOH limitation thing has great potential.

Also, I think there should be more pressure on them in the comps so they almost have to compete or suffer some conquences (no, not slop) or maybe they get little perks for coming in 2nd or 3rd- like a book to read for a limited period of time or 20 min. with a computer game, something.

Lose the pool table fer gawds' sake. I loved the trampoline they had that time.

They should have chores also. Designated duties like so and so cleans toilets, someone else washes dishes. And let's bring back the wringer washer and no dryer. These guys were just lazy slobs this year (esp after Kathy/Brendon left) and that's too easy.

Caprica

02-10-2007

Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Caprica a private message Print Post    
All I care about is that the lay low and slide by strategy that dominated and ruined this season be some how killed.

Maybe the first 4 players that go out in the HOH comp should be the only choices for the original noms. Maybe that's too harsh but I am sick of the lazy strategies dominating the game.

Chippy

08-16-2007

Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
Me too Caprica. I think that's a great idea or maybe one nom has to come from everyone out before the halfway mark and the other one can be anyone else? Dunno but there's got to be a way to cut down on the passivity. The precedent this season doesn't bode well.

I think it'd be fun to watch a whole crew of hg that never watched the show and don't even get tapes to watch on "vacation". We could call it BB Virgins. lol

Or_mtn_man

06-06-2005

Saturday, September 25, 2010 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Or_mtn_man a private message Print Post    
After looking through the 'Memories' thread I got to thinking it would be great if they gave America HOH one time and POV another. While we were HOH, the room would be closed, no one allowed in there for any reason. Of course that would mean that BB would have to 'fair and balanced' camera time, no one guest could receive favorable clips. Maybe during the time between selection of HOH and when nominations are announced they could provide live feeds until the vote had to be submitted.

Weinermr

08-18-2001

Friday, October 15, 2010 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Weinermr a private message Print Post    
The TV show is just way too highly scripted and repetitious. "One of my duties as head of household is to nominate two houseguests for eviction". And so on.

Show what's REALLY going on in the House (editing out language, etc.).

Stop making the HG's narrate the show with their phony Diary Room speeches.

This is supposed to be a reality show, and the show is so far from reality it's ridiculous.

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Friday, October 15, 2010 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
Get a new house and location. I know it's the best place with current cameras..etc but I'd love a whole new place or totally change the whole building. Why not make it more of a warehouse, with less luxury (as stated). Everyone sleeps in one big room with the kitchen at one end. The HOH room would be upstairs. They could have little seating areas.
The whole location is getting tired. They need a new look altogether.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert HG Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: