TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 09, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2010: Viewing RP: Archive through July 09, 2010 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
After reading their tweets, I am getting the distinct feeling this pop-out player I am waiting for them to install is going to include the chat. That's totally not what people are talking about when they say they want a pop-out player. They just want the video in the pop-out player. Nothing else. I really hope they are just wording it strangely and I am just misunderstanding them.

Justin42

08-05-2001

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Justin42 a private message Print Post    
I think they're taking the Allison Grodner approach to suggestions-- make it up as you go along, and if you happen to accidentally do something your customers (fans) want, be sure to screw it up as badly as possible so they regret asking for it!

I am REALLY still fuming about all this. And of course my 3 day trial was up yesterday and I got charged and can't cancel. (Well, I can, it just means it won't renew in 3 months). I'm probably going to be doing a letter to Real's CEO this weekend about what a mess this is. Whatever poor sap drew the short straw to answer Twitter/Facebook posts can't get this mountain moved as fast as a few well written, polite, but firm letters to the CEO that this is absolutely not acceptable. (and I'm going to be sure to point them to the Facebook and Twitter pages to show how angry people are)

see: http://investor.realnetworks.com/directors.cfm

Robert Kimball, Acting CEO
2601 Elliott Avenue, Suite 1000
Seattle, WA 98121

Seattlemom

05-10-2005

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seattlemom a private message Print Post    
I'm on a mac and have no problem! Other than cant find flashback! and it wants to log me in under my real name from face book! not seattlemom! I've tried changing it but it keeps going back! For me the sound is low. but that's my only problem! Haven't tried it on laptop yet and have vista on that!

Tvwatcher

04-17-2004

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
BBViewer just came out with a viewer - it still uses flash, but you can move it around your screen http://www.bbviewer.com/bb12.html

now if there was just a low bandwidth option..

Stray_cat

06-21-2006

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stray_cat a private message Print Post    
Tvwatcher - are you using Win7? I can't seem to get the BBViewer to work, not sure if it's because I have Win7.

Tvwatcher

04-17-2004

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
no, I have xp - is there an option with 7 that lets you right click on the exe and choose some sort of compatibility mode?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I tried the feeds before they came up.. not since.

I was sitting here just now and trying to get to the javoedge site to look at a kindle cover and I was hearing voices and thought I must have brought up a site with a clip.. suddenly realized I was hearing Andrew and maybe Hayden? talking .. so I seem to have Big Brother Radio going, one feed, no control

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Same here, Stray_cat. Win7 and can't get past the log screen, even tho I am already logged in. Besides, I think all it is is the feeds page in a clean UN-resizable pop-up window, with the feeds themselves centered in the right place.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Still won't work using XP SP3 compatibility mode.

Stray_cat

06-21-2006

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stray_cat a private message Print Post    
Tvwatcher - yes I changed the compatibility and it worked!!! Thank-you

Stray_cat

06-21-2006

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stray_cat a private message Print Post    
Naja - I just right clicked on the Icon and clicked troubleshoot compatibility and Win7 loaded it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
ok, got it to work and I was right, It's just the whole feeds page in a clean pop-up window, with the feeds centered in the window.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It does nothing for resizing. It just gives you a clean browser popup window without all the browser controls taking up space. I guess it's something.

Stray_cat

06-21-2006

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stray_cat a private message Print Post    
Yes, much better

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The sound is good on BB Radio.. of course I cannot find a window representing it or feed,cannot change anything, etc.
==============
==============

Does anyone have the feed addresses? Or do those exist without real player?

I really want to try to use Real TV again

LOL now my "radio" went to foth music.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Sorry I sounded so negative. This is definitely better :-) Thanks, Tvwatcher. I'm just ticked we have to deal with this at all. btw, for anybody having trouble with performance, this is not the kind of thing that will fix that.

Tvwatcher

04-17-2004

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
I hear ya, Naja - it's no Real Player, but it's better than the in-browser thing

I want Real Player, darn it!

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
alright, my problems are...I have bad eyes so I usually use the big screen..."Not there"...so I have to sit real close... Also dont hear very well...so Im hooked up to earphones....
have a bad back and am saddled this chair....Im not sure I can do this if they dont change it....Ill be in the flippen rehab...if it stays the same....

Bonzacat

07-08-2003

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonzacat a private message Print Post    
Sea - there are no feed addresses to be had now that it's Flash-based. At least that's my take on it.

Scubalass

07-01-2004

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scubalass a private message Print Post    
I followed instructions, but it is so small ... did I do something wrong?

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If you're seeing the feeds, you didn't do anything wrong. It is what it is.

Bbcrazedfan

07-17-2004

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbcrazedfan a private message Print Post    
I don't like it when I can't rewind or pause because I step away from the screen...

Scubalass

07-01-2004

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scubalass a private message Print Post    
Thanks Naja

Lyn

08-07-2002

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
I have audio but no video Should never have changed feeds

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 11:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I had that audio for an hour or more and then it stopped as mysteriously as it started.

Bummer about flash based.