TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 09, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2010: Viewing RP: Archive through July 09, 2010 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It is switching fine for me and it is very fast. That's about the only thing I like about it.

ETA: If the screen goes blank, just click it again.

Txwldflr

09-05-2005

Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txwldflr a private message Print Post    
Has anyone found a pause button? I am very disappointed in this set up. I have all the same complaints that are listed above.

Justin42

08-05-2001

Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Justin42 a private message Print Post    
Ugh, these are HORRIBLE.

For people on Twitter, PLEASE send lots of comments to @BigBroLiveFeeds. There's also a "Feedback" link at the bottom of the page on the feeds-- who knows if they read it but if they get enough complaints maybe they'll at least let us use RealPlayer again-- you know, THE SOFTWARE THEY SUPPOSEDLY WROTE AND THINK IS AWESOME?

It's pretty pathetic that Real won't use their own software. It's using 25%-33% of my CPU time just running the feeds, this is insane.

(ugh, do we have a "Things I need to complain about" thread yet?)

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I tried using the "Feedback" link, but there was no button to actually submit it!

Justin42

08-05-2001

Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Justin42 a private message Print Post    
Interesting-- I sent in feedback yesterday when the test feeds went live complaining and I know I was able to submit it (it said something like "your feedback has been counted" or some strangely phrased thing), but I can't remember where it was!

They've probably been overloaded with feedback.. which would be good... ;)

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I figured out how to use Flashback, so thought I'd post it in this thread.

You can either go to:

http://superpass.real.com/big-brother

Hit Flashback on the left side, which takes you here:

http://superpass.real.com/big-brother/bb12-flashback

I just did it for 10:00 PM tonight. Once you have the quad up, pick a feed and the sound comes on.

The bummer is that you can't have the live feeds on at the time because there is no 'pause' for the live feeds because as RP told someone, "they're live." Okie dokie then.

RP was not ready for this in any way, shape or form.

Cba79

07-04-2010

Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 10:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cba79 a private message Print Post    
So.... After all the bugs throughout the day and evening, I decided to do another system performance test. IE, Safari and Firefox are handling the feed better with CPU usage down a few percent from earlier. (RAM, though, is still kicking up to 50%.)

But, IE just cached 5 Gigs of memory. As soon as I exited the feeds on IE, my hard drive spun up and freed the memory. Firefox and Safari don't seem to be caching memory at a larger than normal rate.

Kajunmommiee

07-12-2005

Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 11:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kajunmommiee a private message Print Post    
I hate the set up of realplayer I wish they would just go back to what tehy had so ican watc hthem and work on something else at the same time.

Justin42

08-05-2001

Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Justin42 a private message Print Post    
so is there any way to change the feed without getting the "doubled" audio? (Where it won't turn off the audio of the feed you were on when it starts the next feed)

Jeff33

07-05-2009

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 4:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeff33 a private message Print Post    
I hate that they took the Flashback feature away from BB10 & BB11

Tvwatcher

04-17-2004

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 6:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
after an hour and a half of feed watching last night, it had used up so much resources, graphics on webpages got all corrupted, and finally the whole system seized up and I had to reboot

very annoyed here

Jeff33

07-05-2009

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeff33 a private message Print Post    
Now the Flashback feature even for BB12 is gone this morning

Saguaro

06-21-2005

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saguaro a private message Print Post    
I'm just trying out the new feeds. I'm at work, so it seems to work OK on this computer. I was able to post a few caps from last night, so the flashback feature is working for me.

Loppes

07-12-2002

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Loppes a private message Print Post    
I also can't stand this new format with the live feeds. The one thing that may help is what I did last night when I tried in frustration to watch the feeds. I use a program which you can download for free called "CCCleaner", ever so often I would run it (it takes like 5 seconds to do that) and clear up my resources.
The link is:
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

I've used the program for a few years, and its excellent, trustworthy and as I said it's free.
I would minimize my screens for the live feeds and run it to clear up space.

Jeff33

07-05-2009

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeff33 a private message Print Post    
But until yesterday we still had the flashback for BB10 & BB11, now they are gone

Tvwatcher

04-17-2004

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
Loppes, do you have Adobe Flash checked off under multimedia (in CCleaner)?

Loppes

07-12-2002

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Loppes a private message Print Post    
TVWatcher,
Yes, I have everything checked off.

Tvwatcher

04-17-2004

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
thanks, I'll try that

Kajunmommiee

07-12-2005

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kajunmommiee a private message Print Post    
Ok every 4 seconds my real player is relaoding and i get can understand whats going on. I hate this any suggestions as to how to stopit from reloading the window every 4 seconds?

Jeff33

07-05-2009

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeff33 a private message Print Post    
Whats odd for me is to click on a feed showing the bathroom and you get the people in the kitchen and I could have sworn I saw Annie sitting at the table in the kitchen on one feed and the other one showed her walking through the house

Stray_cat

06-21-2006

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stray_cat a private message Print Post    
Kajunmommiee - I tried IE last night and then had problems with it so have since just used Firefox and it doesn't seem to have as many problems.

Tvwatcher

04-17-2004

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
I wish I could choose between lo and hi bandwidth - my ip will be calling asking WTH I'm doing

Catbowl

02-12-2008

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Catbowl a private message Print Post    
ok..had a lovely chat with a rp customer service rep.
Here it is.
Joe Jones: Hello. Welcome to Real's Live Chat. How can I help you?
catherine: hello
catherine: I am having trouble with te full screen on big brother
catherine: the whole window goes full screen but the tv portion stays the same size
Joe Jones: I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with the full screen mode. Let me help you.
Joe Jones: Please give me a few minutes to check my resources.
Joe Jones: I'm sorry for the delay. We are still working on the full screen option at the moment. I'll add you up on the affected users.
catherine: so it is broken on your end then?
Joe Jones: Yes.
catherine: ok..thank you very much

Braveheart61901

08-11-2006

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Braveheart61901 a private message Print Post    
I just cancelled the live feeds because I found myself getting so annoyed and frustrated with the quality and it was making me be in an "unhappy" place. It's just not worth it for me to have such feelings.

Really disappointed, because watching live feeds has always been a summer highlight for me!

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Friday, July 09, 2010 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I really hate to say it, but I kind of agree with you Braveheart..This has always been my fav summer treat...and I have gone bonkers just trying to watch a couple hours of it so far..tried last night...a little bit this morn..and Its just so disapointing...so sad they ruined it like this...