TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
General Discussion

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Big Brother Nigeria: General Discussion users admin

Surealityjunkie

02-01-2003

Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Surealityjunkie a private message Print Post    
I didn't know where else to put this since the BB Main Area is closed to new threads...

www.bigbrothernigeria.com

This show is on day 19 or 20 of 91 days in their BB House. It very much reminds me of our BB1 (winner: Eddie). They have have tasks they must complete, limited hot water, limited hair dryer usage, and the store room is only open once a day. One interesting thing is that we are able to view the diary room interviews as they happen. Your hear BB greet them and ask the questions and the HG answer.

Today has been a challenging day for each of them as they had to complete a task that has frustrated just about all of them. They had to create a sculpture using recycled material that had to be no more than 6 feet. I believe they woke up around 6 AM to finish it... With the time change I am a trying to catch up with their day.

They have House Captains instead of HOH's. The house design is also different from ours. Not quite as flashy, much smaller kitchen, and not as elaborate furniture.

Anyhow, it only costs $20USD to buy the Big Brother Nigeria viewing package (similar to RealPlayer SuperPass). It should cancel itself out afterwards.

I decided to subscribe yesterday after I stumbled upon the site because I was incredibly interested to see how this show plays out. I thought it would be a wonderful opportunity to learn more about another culture as well as see how they interact as they compete for $100,000USD.

The show ends on June 1.

Eeyoreslament

07-20-2003

Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eeyoreslament a private message Print Post    
Is it in english?

Surealityjunkie

02-01-2003

Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Surealityjunkie a private message Print Post    
Yes, it is... I meant to write that in my first message. From what I can gather, speaking english is a requirement. Apparently, one of the HG insulted another HG in another language and BB repremanded him. They are to speak english at all times.

BTW, they have quick commercial breaks every so often and I have seen commercials for Alias, Kodak (USA Network version), and a movie that has slipped my mind... kinda fun! :-)

ETA: they are now showing BB the results of the task challenge. They had to make a sculpture of a scarecrow made out of recycled materials. Three teams each had a section of the body to create. I think the mood is better in the home now that the challenge is over...

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Surealityjunkie - I don't know if I'll bother, but I do appreciate the headsup about it... The best part is when you said its like the original BB1... :-)

Surealityjunkie

02-01-2003

Thursday, March 23, 2006 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Surealityjunkie a private message Print Post    
It didn't really click until a little bit ago how much it is like the original BB. The HG nominate 3 to be evicted and the public decides which one leaves. I forgot all about that... seems like it was ages ago that we were able to vote out HGs.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert HG Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: