TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 11, 2006

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2006: Show Discussion: Archive through May 11, 2006 users admin

Scazy

05-17-2005

Friday, May 05, 2006 - 12:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scazy a private message Print Post    
012a Daily

It's great to see Claire get some camera time! She looked like she knew what was going on and was thinking for herself.

The guys (especially Dino) know what's going on - the females are cannibals! My guess when the first guy gets evicted: Week #5.

Tilli's comment to Krystal about keeping Michael on her side was a direct strategic move - but was it for Tilli's sake or for Krystal's?

Tilli was shown as a major fence sitter - yet she had some strong words right in front of Krystal that she wasn't an all-or-nothing playah. That took some guts and I have to give her some credit.

Okay okay... The Jamie - Katie thing. Lol. Dunno what to say. It's cute, I guess.

Cliotheleo

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cliotheleo a private message Print Post    
Daily Show 15

Are you all as constantly amazed as I am at the cultural simmilarities between our two countries? I mean, Dino and Claire are sitting there eating corn on the cob! It's not exactly a delicacy, but that just blows my mind.

I still say Camambert cheese is a pretty good prize. I really think I'd rather have the cheese than have to go to Cambodia.

......... awwww, Michael wanted to come into the house and find someone to have a relationship with .... that's sweet ............ and pathetic all at the same time.

Here's my new theory re: Krystal's feelings for Michael. She started to pull away from him (I mean in addition to the whole twist thing) because she could sense he was losing favor with the house. So she didn't want to get close to him as a kind of self-defense mechanism. How ironic would it be if SHE is evicted before he is? That could very well happen this week.

Now I want Claire and Dino to get together. I thought that the other morning. I mean, they both have that quiet, decent, mature thing going on and he's as hairy as an ape so she's gotta love that.

During his time spent with the girls this week, Michael has really learned how to talk about people behind their backs. He's an apt pupil.

And yes Dino, it IS dissapointing how much bitchieness there is in the house! (how's that for the ironic comment of the day?)

What if Michael had to pee before he went in to the punishment room?

See, this is why I don't like Camilla. I don't care what you do in life, if you do anything voluntarily, whether it's your job or going on a reality show or whatever, if you participate in something voluntarily, then you should abide by the rules that the person in charge makes (assuming they are not cruel or inhumane.) Camilla's attitude that "the rules are dumb so I don't want to follow them" is bratty behaviour and I hope she gets at least one point from EVERYONE this week. That's just BS.

Cliotheleo

03-13-2002

Sunday, May 07, 2006 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cliotheleo a private message Print Post    
Eviction 1

"Live from the Gold Coast, this is Eviction Number 1!!!"

I hope Tilli's family recorded that part for her so she can rewind and watch it over and over until she FINALLY understands that THIS is the FIRST eviction and that Anna and Camilla have NEVER been evicted. Then, when she FINALLY understands, she can phone Krystal and explain it to her!

Good thing Camilla "pinched" Tilli's original eviction dress. That yellow is a better color for her anyway.

And I'm SO glad BB called her on her two-facedness. She says she was herself the second week, does she not realize a lot of those clips were from the SECOND week? Sheesh!

Wow!!! Despite the fact that Elise was leading in the polls all week, by HUGE margains at times, looks like Tilli was actually evicted by a much bigger margain. I'm shocked and pleased all at the same time!

Michael says he actually liked sitting in the punishment room (anyone else get the feeling that Michael is a bit of a masochist?) because he was able to kind of observe the house in a way he never had before. THIS is the Michael I like and THIS is the Michael that I hope, if he can get free from Krystal's web and the shadow this stupid Insider thing, will come out more.

It's ironic that Tilli (or as I like to call her "Four Dollar Bill Till") thinks that Camilla, perhaps the most out there, open book, person in the house is fake ........... that's just bizarre.

I'm not sure she knows what the word really means.

And with that, I have nothing more to say about Tilli.

Scazy

05-17-2005

Monday, May 08, 2006 - 2:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scazy a private message Print Post    
Corn on the cob *not* a delicacy? *BLINKS* I doubt those Aussies ever had Grimes' Peaches and Creme - or have ever been to a Waukee Corn Roast! Yes, I am not an Alphabet City Socialite, but an Iowa farm boy. I know this comes as a surprise to you all.

Daily 015a - thoroughly entertaining~!

Cliotheleo

03-13-2002

Monday, May 08, 2006 - 4:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cliotheleo a private message Print Post    
LOL! Well, I know for a fact they don't have a clue about Hot Pockets.

Onlyhuman

08-04-2001

Monday, May 08, 2006 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Onlyhuman a private message Print Post    
Clio, "fake" is the house code word for "I don't like them for whatever reason but I can't say that reason because it would make me look bad so I'll just call them fake, so everyone can hate them."

I'm not as good at you all as summarizing my thoughts but I just watched the Daily 16 show and I cannot believe that Jamie had no idea that there were divisions in the house. I mean, I know that he and Katie try to stay out of everything but I thought that Jamie was at least smart enough to figure out how the wind was blowing.

Michael..."Why does it have to come down to boys versus girls?"

Answer...because your ego got hurt that Krystal tricked you and you want revenge.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 08, 2006 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure where you all are from, and I only mean this is as a sincere innocent question.

Is it normal that in Australia everyone is so flowery and long in their descriptions and explanations and take a long time to get to the point? Or is this just a bi-product of the pressure of the diary room and the house?

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 08, 2006 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
btw, I used to really like Camilla...but anyone that uses more than three 4 syllable words in one sentence is just pretentious..LOL (jk) (you gotta admit she lays it on heavy with the more "advanced" words in the diary room. You sure don't ever hear her using them in normal conversation with the other HM's.)

Care28

05-01-2005

Monday, May 08, 2006 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Care28 a private message Print Post    
I just finished Sunday's shows (well, not true, I have a few more minutes to go of the live eviction) and I don't think I can cry anymore! Elise is such a beautiful girl and I really wish she would have come out of her shell more. I thought it was so sweet how Gretel was so kind to her and really made it apparent that she could understand with a house like THAT why Elise shrunk into herself, lol.

I'm LAUGHING over how much it's apparent that Gretel isn't much of a Michael fan. She certainly wears her disdain on her sleeve, lol. I don't think she was too impressed with Dino's answers either....neither was I for that matter. I'm beginning to like Dino less and less, he's just very....moody, zero personality and just bland. It's ironic to me that he was the one that was listing just about the same characteristics in Elise.

Dino to me IS an aggressive personality. He's very sexist, demeaning and degrading. I missed alot of his aggressiveness the night of FNL, but none of it (ie him knocking Anna down) surprises me. Anna hasn't said anything to him, I feel, because she's not going to make waves in the one group she's managed to "get on her side". She knows the other girls (sans Katie, maybe) are targets for the boys....she's not about to put that bullseye on her back.

HALLELUJAH to not having to look at Tilli's little smirky faces and clown-painted-on-blush until HOPEFULLY the finale! I'm sorry, not a fan of hers and I'm glad she's gone NOW rather than having to wait WEEKS to get rid of her.

I'm really shocked at the prizes this year....I have to wonder, Gretel made a comment about Big Brother deciding what kind of prizes the HMs would receive. Does that mean the longer they're in the house, the bigger the prizes get? OR BB will decide, based on contribution to the house (personality and physical) what kind of prizes the evictee will receive? I'm utterly confused there....but I seriously hope that some of these guys get more than a couple phones and $2K....I can't help it, I love to see happy faces when they get something big like the car! But, I am secretly happy that Tilli didn't receive one. :-)

Good on Elise for voicing her dislike of Dino....couldn't have said it better!

Care28

05-01-2005

Monday, May 08, 2006 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Care28 a private message Print Post    
And I must say, even after Gretel explained it I STILL don't understand how the voting system works. Maybe I am dense...I dunno. But I did notice that someone had MORE evict votes than Elise....which means if they didn't have that Save line this year, Elise would still be in the house, correct? My guess is the one with the more evict votes and that HUGE amount of save votes was Michael.

Cliotheleo

03-13-2002

Monday, May 08, 2006 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cliotheleo a private message Print Post    
I cannot believe that Jamie had no idea that there were divisions in the house.

No, I can see that very easily. Jamie and Katie are perhaps the least trifling people I've seen on any BB ever. When you legitimately consider yourself to be friendly with everyone, then it would be hard to see divisions.

Naja, I think the answer to your question is "B." I think BB probably WANTS them to be as wordy as possible.

Anna hasn't said anything to him, I feel, because she's not going to make waves in the one group she's managed to "get on her side".

Yeah ....... and I think she just really doesn't care. Anna doesn't strike me as the type of person who gets too worked up (at least externally) over anything. Sure, she may crawl into her shell and cry a bit but I reckon she thinks the physical abuse she took from Dino was nothing to compared to the verbal abuse she got from some of the girls early in the game.

Does that mean the longer they're in the house, the bigger the prizes get?

That's what I'm thinking.

Maybe I am dense

That makes two of us.

But I did notice that someone had MORE evict votes than Elise.

Wasn't it Tilli?

Care28

05-01-2005

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Care28 a private message Print Post    
From what I could tell Clio, no. Tilli had already been evicted before Elise and her face was up there already when Elise was shown the tally. This person was in the middle and faceless. They had a huge amount of evict votes and when it was flipped it showed them as having a huge amount of save votes. Unless BB just fooled with us and that wasn't the same person, I'm thinking it was Michael because I can't believe Dino or Claire garnered more eviction votes than him. But whoever it was was NOT Tilli or Elise because their faces were already there next to their totals. If I'm wrong in this, someone correct me. I have Daily 17 in my player right now and I don't wanna lose my place in it, otherwise I'd load up the eviction show. I may do that once the Daily show is done, just to doublecheck.

Care28

05-01-2005

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Care28 a private message Print Post    
Just double checked the eviction eppy. There is someone who CLEARLY had more eviction votes than Elise. It wasn't Tilli, Tilli had the MOST votes out of all of them. The third person right under Elise had more eviction votes than Elise but MORE SAVE votes than ANY of them. Which would explain how the save votes cancelled out the eviction....so if there were no save votes, that person would have been gone and Elise would still be there.

Callasin

06-21-2005

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Callasin a private message Print Post    
I was sad to see Elise go too. I was hoping once Tilli and the mom/daughter duo were gone she would come out of her shell.

Cliotheleo

03-13-2002

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cliotheleo a private message Print Post    

What exactly is a Rissole? (sp?) It looked like little pieces of ground beef to me.

I love how they get punished and then try to barter away from it. If I was BB, I'd take their meat AND their hot water if they tried that little stunt.

LOL!@ Camilla "I just feel good about making a stand!" Yep Camilla, Rosa Parks, Gandhi, Dr. King, they'd all be proud to know that you're fighting for your right to eat beef on a reality show!

I'm dissapointed the show didn't air the footage that Michael and the gang were fighting over. When they were talking about Dino and Michael "told on them."

......... or did I just sleep through it?

Care28

05-01-2005

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Care28 a private message Print Post    
This is what I found on rissoles, Clio...looks like the top one was what Ash was cooking:

Rissole

A food item that has several versions from several different countries. To some, a Rissole consists of small round patties or balls of finely minced meat, fish or potatoes which are often combined or coated with breadcrumbs to be partially cooked prior to being fried in butter so they become golden brown and crisp textured. Known by the French term "rissoler" that basically translates "to brown a food by frying", a Rissole may be a potato dish such as Rissole Potatoes or Rissole Potato Balls. Similarly, it may also be a meat or fish dish referred to as Grilled Meat Rissole, Fried Fish Rissole or Salmon Rissole. In Italian, the translation for Rissole often means a food patty.
Another version of this food item is a filled pastry or croquette, commonly shaped similar to a turnover, which is stuffed with sweet or savory ingredients and then fried or baked. Like the patty or round-shaped and breaded Rissole, the pastry covered Rissole contains meat, fish or potatoes that are finely chopped and seasoned prior to cooking. Depending on the filling, the pastry is served as an appetizer, a dessert or a side dish and its size depends on how it will be served. Therefore, regardless of how it is named for a recipe, the item referred to as Rissole may be made into a patty, a round ball, or a food encased in pastry.

Cliotheleo

03-13-2002

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cliotheleo a private message Print Post    
Ok, now I understand what you're saying.......

But I think that just means that the system is doing what it's set up to do. Michael is controversial, you either love him or hate him. Elise was quite, could have coasted to the end because no one felt passionately enough about her to vote her out over say Camilla, Michael, Karen, etc. And if someone is controversial, and you're a fan of theirs, then under the old system, you've got to vote against three or four other players to try and keep your person in. This way, you can just vote for your person and vote against another person to insure they stay in.

Over-all I like it.

(but of course I'm just saying that because it kept Michael in the house, LOL!)

Cliotheleo

03-13-2002

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cliotheleo a private message Print Post    
Ok ........ probably like my mom's world famous salmon patties. Thanks Care.

Care28

05-01-2005

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Care28 a private message Print Post    
Oh no, I don't have a problem with the voting system, I just can't understand it the way it was explained on the show! lol But I pretty much figured it out when I went back and relooked at the tallies. I just find it interesting that if, given the old voting system, they'd been able to vote that way at least one different nominee would have been out the door. And how are we to know that BB didn't jack up the Save votes just to keep their little Insider in there? lol

Cliotheleo

03-13-2002

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cliotheleo a private message Print Post    
I wonder if Australia has the same kind of regulatory system in place like we have that would prevent tampering like that (as a result of the $64,000 Pyramid scandal ........ or whatever that show as called.

Cliotheleo

03-13-2002

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cliotheleo a private message Print Post    
But what I STILL don't understand is what the "5%" and "20%" mean that are posted on Tilli and Elise's photos at the top of BBBA. Were Tilli's evict votes 20% greater than her keep votes?

I REALLY should have paid more attention in math!

Care28

05-01-2005

Tuesday, May 09, 2006 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Care28 a private message Print Post    
LOL! Clio, I guess that was their final percentage of the vote when you factored in the save votes....I think the rest under them had 2% to evict each after their save votes took away from their evict votes. This is a COMPLICATED method the more you try to explain it, do you realize that? lol....if it ain't broke, don't fix it I say!

Cliotheleo

03-13-2002

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 - 6:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cliotheleo a private message Print Post    
Yeah, but it WAS broke-en. That's just the thing.

Cliotheleo

03-13-2002

Thursday, May 11, 2006 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cliotheleo a private message Print Post    

Jamie is actually apologzing (to Katie) for being irritated with Michael, chalking it up to his being tired and cranky because of the task.

You gotta love this kid.

Onlyhuman

08-04-2001

Thursday, May 11, 2006 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Onlyhuman a private message Print Post    
Day 18 -

So many posters have said that Jamie looks like Patrick Swayze that I burst out laughing when Katie said to do the "Dirty Dancing" move.

Dino is the biggest gossip in the house and he loves the "Rate 'em" game. He must be devestated that he doesn't appear at the top of the girls' lists.

I saw the Jamie/Katie convo live and he was even more frustrated than that clip showed. I think he was also irritated that Katie was trying to soothe him, rather than analyzing Michael. Of course, what the TV show edited out was how Katie was crying because Gaelan had yelled at her for throwing away milk that she thought smelled sour.