TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 30, 2006

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2006: Show Discussion: Archive through April 30, 2006 users admin

Care28

05-01-2005

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Care28 a private message Print Post    
I wanted to go ahead and start this thread so we can talk about the shows here! I'm one and a half daily shows away from being caught up, so when I'm FULLY caught up I'll be back! lol

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
As I was watching daily 4 this morning, I was so much trying to channel telepathic messages to Michael not to be too worried about failing the tasks! As long as it looks like he is trying and entertaining us, I don't think there is any way he would be the one sent home no matter who he was on the block with, except maybe David and Karen, and that would be a longshot if those three ended up nominated together the first week.

Care28

05-01-2005

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Care28 a private message Print Post    
Okay, I'm all caught up show wise....didn't think I'd ever get there! lol

I won't go through each show or anything, just my thoughts FROM the shows that I can remember.

First off, is this the first year that they taped the launch show ahead of time? It seemed much more edited than last year's launch and I'm not sure I liked that. :-( I thought I remembered them going in the same night the feeds went on last year, too, right? I can't remember. Either way, I wasn't too excited about this launch show for that very reason.

I really, really like everyone so far with the exception of a few people that I don't think are really making a 'mark' and not coming out of their shells more. Those people being Anna, Dino and Ashley. Although Ashley isn't as bad as the other two. It's early yet, though, so I'm sure personalities will come out more as the days wear on. Hard to believe it's going on a week since they got there!

I almost feel BAD that they chose Michael for this Insider task. It's getting REALLY close to the week mark to where Karen and Krystal will be in the clear and will be immune from nominations, so I'm pretty positive unless BB switches up the rules a bit, or gives Michael clearer hints on what to look for (which to me would be pointless and silly to even have Karen and Krystal THERE at that point if they were just going to give away the secret themselves), Michael's going up for eviction. :-( I'm sure he won't be voted out, but still.

Anna is bugging me to no end and I'm not sure why, seeing as they don't show her all that much. I guess it's the way that she acts, the pouting because no one's paying attention to her, etc. If she's that upset then get out there and talk to people and be yourself and open up, otherwise you have no one to blame but yourself for being isolated. On the other end, I felt sorry for Dino when he talked about feeling like there were groups and he was just off on his own. He's another one that's quiet and doesn't seem to have a really strong personality stuck out there just yet. He kinda reminds me of Tim at this stage in the house, only less loveable. In the beginning, Tim was just trying to find his niche, too.

I love this "most, least" task, mainly the hunky part that they showed on Day 4's Daily. This group is really fun this year, even though I find myself missing last year's cast...a lot...I'm loving these guys!

Cliotheleo

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cliotheleo a private message Print Post    
Thoughts on Daily Show 4

The house is just ugly. Aside from the kitchen, it's just hideous. WHAT kinda color scheme is supposed to be going on in the lounge? Good grief.

Gaelan is so hot, but he's boring ....... I want him to hurry up and do something interesting.

And this show proves beyond ANY doubt that David knew Camilla was hot for him ......... yep, I'm glad he finally got that over and done with.

Why would anyone be threatened by Camilla? I don't get it?

Cliotheleo

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cliotheleo a private message Print Post    
LOL! Naja, since you're already sending psychic messages to Michael, join me in repeating the phrase "it's Karen and Krystal, it's Karen and Krystal"

The only way I see him getting evicted is if more people start to view him as an annoying ham as some are already doing at BBBA. But I think he'll be big with the teen girls who are famous for controlling a large portion of the vote.

Care, I think they taped the last couple of lauch shows.

Care28

05-01-2005

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Care28 a private message Print Post    
LOL! Clio, I was going to post in mine that I loved this year's house...mainly the kitchen, backyard, bedroom and dining area. I'm not really understanding the cow theme with the lime green bedding in the bedroom, but I love the shape of it more than anything. The lounge would have been extra cute had they gone with different colors.

Care28

05-01-2005

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Care28 a private message Print Post    
AND, I must be blonde (no offense to the blonde persuasion, ever...I have brunette moments myself)....either that or they didn't edit the other two shows as much as they did this one....you can even tell parts where they cut off someone saying something and switched to something else.

Flagg

06-01-2005

Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flagg a private message Print Post    
I noticed the heavy editing as well, mainly due to the fact that the censorship feed-jumps show much longer interviews with the new housemates than what was on the launch show.

Care28

05-01-2005

Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Care28 a private message Print Post    
Daily Show 5 Thoughts -

I'm really glad David's out. Really, really glad. I couldn't take anymore of Camilla's "what aren't you telling me" questions because David seemed so rattled. There's no way he could have continued lying about it, even I was starting to wonder if there was more than him being gay that he was holding back.

I feel so bad for Camilla through this, but honestly there are parts of her that is wearing on me and I'm not sure how much SHE can even take in the house if it's getting to her this early on.

Maybe it's just the sap in me, but I think Big Brother messing with people's pictures is the worst thing they could do to them in the house...considering some won't see their families for three months and that's all they have. I know she'll get them back, but still! I also think BB knew Michael would say Karen (because she has kids) and they wanted him to maybe take a clue from that....I hate how they're starting to make it obvious for him. TOO obvious.

Cliotheleo

03-13-2002

Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cliotheleo a private message Print Post    
Thoughts on Daily Show 5

"Many" of the HMs have secrets? How many is "Many"? I wouldn't think three would qualify as "many." Are there more?

Re: Michael and this whole insider thing, I know BB told him that if he fails the BIG task of figuring out the relationship, he'll be nominated. What about these little baby tasks he has? Does he get any reward for completing them?

Onlyhuman

08-04-2001

Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Onlyhuman a private message Print Post    
Clio, I thought the whole thing about the little tasks was that if Michael failed it, he would get a strike. BB gave him a strike for not completing the water on the bed task correctly.

I'm not sure if it's 3 strikes and you're out or 3 strikes and you're up for eviction, but that's what I recall from the Day 3 show.

Cliotheleo

03-13-2002

Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cliotheleo a private message Print Post    
That's right, they gave him a strike for that first task. But surely it's not a strike per task? That's a bit harsh. And they told him then he would be rewarded ........... looks like he should have gotten a chocolate chip cookie or something.

Onlyhuman

08-04-2001

Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Onlyhuman a private message Print Post    
I just watched Day 5 and I honestly don't see how David can lose this unless he suddenly cracks and violently attacks someone, and then the Australian public might excuse him if they find his victim annoying enough.

But seriously, anyone that can watch him talk about his mum and not want to give the boy a million dollars has a very tiny, tiny heart. I was in tears.

Scazy

05-17-2005

Friday, April 28, 2006 - 12:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scazy a private message Print Post    
David's love for his mum was heartwrenching.

And he was freaking sincere! He wasn't giving a speech to make himself look good - he was showing his real sentiments.

He seems like a good "mate"

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, April 28, 2006 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
While watching daily 6, it finally hit me who Camilla reminds me of. Lighten her hair a bit and she looks like Scarlett Johansson. I felt sick for her having to watch the baby morph pictures and one shows up with her and David, and THEN having to watch him kiss Tilli? Heavens, what a horrible day for Cam.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, April 28, 2006 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Question, Lots of people only watch the tv shows. Even people down under. Do you think Camilla would be the first one leaving based on only the TV shows?

Scazy

05-17-2005

Friday, April 28, 2006 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scazy a private message Print Post    
Question, Lots of people only watch the tv shows. Even people down under. Do you think Camilla would be the first one leaving based on only the TV shows?

Naja - After watching 006a.daily, Yes - I agree.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, April 28, 2006 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's what I was afraid of. I was scared Camilla is gaining contempt instead of sympathy.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, April 28, 2006 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's killing me that Friday night live show hasn't shown up yet in torrents or usenet. WTF? OH, the the F stands for frig.

Cliotheleo

03-13-2002

Saturday, April 29, 2006 - 3:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cliotheleo a private message Print Post    
And that's sad because, eventhough I'm not crazy about Camilla, she's getting screwed left and right.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 11:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just got done watching the live eviction show and about the only thing that surprised me was how many people tried to nominate Karen. I thought she was well liked.

Even tho Camilla isn't exactly my favorite either Clio, am loving this revenge room idea, especially for Camilla. She deserves this chance :-) (just peeked at your post with the first revenge task..That was great..LOL)

Cliotheleo

03-13-2002

Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cliotheleo a private message Print Post    
Thoughts on Daily Show 8

I will ABSOLUTELY PULL ALL OF MY BODY HAIR OUT if Michael hooks up with Tilly!!!!!! NO!!!! NO!!!! NO!!!!!!!

Given the way Katie found Karen's photos, I'm surprised that no one of accusing her. Now WE all know she didn't do it, but no one was with her when she found them. She could have easily hidden them in her own drawer. I think it says a lot for Katie that they trust her.

It is my fondest wish that, before the season is over, Ashley will speak on camera. What a dissapointment HE is!!!!

Two and a half days later I FINALLY get the joke behind Gaelan winning a bow tie ........... he used to be a stripper. Ha ha!!!!

Don't you all think that the "Jamie's missing Katie" storyline was edited to be a MUCH bigger deal than it really was?

Watching that whole exchange between Krystal and Michael just killed me. I'm glad he's found out and has put up this (emotional) wall between them because I'd have to do one of my world famous "fly to Australia and climb over the wall" mission to save the poor boy.

To be continued when Desperate Housewives goes off...........

Cliotheleo

03-13-2002

Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cliotheleo a private message Print Post    
......... ok, where was I........

That electric shocker thing would scare the crap out of me. I'd probably cry. Well, maybe not if it was voluntary. (I'd do it, but at least I wouldn't feel forced to do it.)

LOL! Gaelan would sacrifice a lamb to get some oats!!!! "It's very Biblical!" That was funny!

For the record, you can bake bread without salt ........ I've done it. It just doesn't taste very good.

Cliotheleo

03-13-2002

Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cliotheleo a private message Print Post    
And now to the Live Show.

Wow, I was so half_sleep I missed how upset Michael was when he found out about Krystal/Karen. It was obviously more than him failing his task and being up for eviction. He really looked upset by Krystal's "betrayal." His body language is something else ........... and the fact Krystal doesn't seem to be in a big hurry to console him is telling also. At least David was quick to hug Camilla.

And what's so great about it all was NOT that there's an insider in the house and NOT that there are mother and daughter are in the house but that, through a total random occurance, the Insider and the person he was supposed to discover became an item! Is this good TV or what!!!

What story did Dino tell that wasn't true?

Wow, I would have never expected Dino to nominate Ashley. I thought they were in the "single boys clique" together.

What's up with Tilly's blush? Maybe I need to fly to Australia and scale the walls to fix THAT problem!!!

.......... wait ........... shhh!!!! ....... Ahsley is speaking!!!!! ........ that's amazing

BB seems to be a lot more leniant this year when it comes to reasons for nomiations. No more of the "this effect my time in the house......"

awwww, was Jamie crying? I love him.

LOL! Camilla is claiming she heard the audience scream her name ......... (the audience was a recording.)

Just remembered it .......... Camilla reminds me of Emma from the UK house bedsit thingy.

Onlyhuman

08-04-2001

Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Onlyhuman a private message Print Post    
Wow, I just watched Episode 8 and once again I am reminded of how big a role that editing plays in the representation of HMs.

In the whole, Tilli wants to sleep in David's bed, it was made to appear that it was Camilla's idea to switch beds, when, in fact, it was Tilli's. They showed Tilli telling David that Camilla wanted to switch but didn't show Tilli telling Camilla that David and Tilli had been planning to share a bed all day. Obviously BB doesn't want to confuse the viewers by pointing out that Camilla is not the unreasonably possessive shrew they've labeled her as and that it's been Tilli that has been deliberately messing with Camilla and David.

I didn't see the bread incident but I have read many accounts of it and while there is no denying that Anna was acting like a baby, it was very convenient that none of the other childish antics of the other HMs was shown. It's not like Anna suddenly said "hey we're out of food and I'm not making bread." The lack of food had been discussed earlier in the week but the idea of rationing their supplies was blown off. Some people wanted to barter, others did not. It became twisted and conflicted in soooo many ways, but the only thing they showed on the show was Anna's very obnoxious behavior.

It's frustrating because so often BB is edited as if people's behaviors are occurring in a vacumn, yet so often there is a stronger pattern of underlying interactions and behaviors that give a fuller picture. It's why people like Tilli can last a long time in the house, because their overall pattern of disrupting others (and look at how she was butting in to the Michael/Krystal relationship) gets lost in the editing for drama.