TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 15, 2002

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Australia 2002: Big Brother OZ has started!: Archive through April 15, 2002 users admin

Admin

Tuesday, April 09, 2002 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Admin a private message Print Post    
http://www.bigbrother.iprimus.com.au/

Judy

Tuesday, April 09, 2002 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Judy a private message Print Post    
Thanks for starting this thread admin!

It seems that Oz BB2 has followed USBB2's lead and is charging for feeds:(
What a bummer.
There is at least a free cam though.
It's one of those pan and scan deals- and it has some bugs to be worked out as well.
They are offering a free 30 minute trial - that doesn't actually cut off in 30 minutes.

So everyone give it a try- it was such a treat last season.

Car54

Tuesday, April 09, 2002 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Car54 a private message Print Post    
Good website...much better than CBS. When did this start?

Faerygdds

Tuesday, April 09, 2002 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Faerygdds a private message Print Post    
They went into the house on Sunday.

Grooch

Tuesday, April 09, 2002 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Welcome back, Faerygdds! :)

Faerygdds

Tuesday, April 09, 2002 - 11:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Faerygdds a private message Print Post    
Thanks! I FINALLY recoved from the carpal tunnell I got transcribing for you all so endlessly at night last year.. I will help again this year, but when I say I'm in for one hour... I will be in for ONE hour. (must learn my limitations) :)

See you around and thanks for the welcome... it made my night :)

Moondance

Tuesday, April 09, 2002 - 11:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moondance a private message Print Post    
WELCOME back Faerygdds! You were missed:)

Faerygdds

Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 2:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Faerygdds a private message Print Post    
Was I???? I didn't know!!!! I tried to login once and my account was gone so I figured I wasn't welcomed anymore :(

(snickers to self: I wonder if they are buying this???)

No really... it took me a long time to get back to the keyboard again.

GOOD to be back!

Spygirl

Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 5:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spygirl a private message Print Post    
FAERYGDDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whooohoooo! They really ARE coming back!

Tksoard

Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 6:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tksoard a private message Print Post    
Faerygdds!!!!! I can't get to your folder, so I hope it's OK here.

Last time I heard from you, you had hurt your shoulder and back, so you asked if I could do the BB summary for you. I have E-mailed you, and left you messages in your folder with no respond. Boy!! Am I happy to hear you are OK!! I was really worried, but tried not to think about it since I couldn't get a hold of you. Don't Do That Again!!

WELCOME BACK FAERYGDDS!!!!

Faerygdds

Wednesday, April 10, 2002 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Faerygdds a private message Print Post    
I'm sorry... I hurt my shoulder and back... started recouping from that when the big night happened and all the fighting took place. My bursitis flared up and then I got carpal tunnel because I never rested up... I just kept typing (like an idiot) lol...

Learned my lesson.. I KNOW my limitations now and will stop when I start to feel uncomfy this summer. :)

I am SO glas to be back.. I don't think I have a folder as of yet, but I wonder if a mod can open me up one in the members section and move these posts so we don't clutter up the BB2OZ section...

oh Ryn...... where are you???? (Man have I missed doing that!!!)

Love you guys!
FaeryGdds

Mark13

Thursday, April 11, 2002 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mark13 a private message Print Post    
High-speed video in the d-suite is GREAT! Real clear video and audio. Only bad thing is you have to watch what they want you to watch, no picking your cameras. I might even pay for this. Pass for the whole season is around $16 US.

Chandler

Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chandler a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know if it is possible to view the free 30 minute trial period without having to enter my credit card information? I would like to see what the video is like before I decide to subscribe or not.

Mark13

Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mark13 a private message Print Post    
I didn't have to enter any credit card info for the free trial. I think I was offered the chance to go ahead and pay, but there was also an option to just try it. I think that when your 30 minutes is used up you get an email with a link to enter your cc info to continue.

Chandler

Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chandler a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the info Mark13...I am going to try it. Did you subscribe to it?

Zeyna

Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
I tried the 30 minute free trial. The cams are clear and I'd love to continue watching. I'm just trying to figure out if it's worth it because of the time difference. Also, without live feed transcripts it's not as much fun :(. Is anyone thinking of doing the feeds?

Judy

Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Judy a private message Print Post    
Zeyna- check the OZBB2 links folder for a good place for feed transcripts (OZBBUBDATES)
That's where I post- I just can't do both here and there and the people over there are great too. (Lots of them are members here too)

I got the free 30 minutes and have been using it for a week!

I just keep hitting the play button then the OK button when I get a server warning- after about 10 - 20 times - it starts playing!

The time difference sucks a little.
I get all the late night action from the time I get up in morning till about 11 AM est.

Then starting around 6 PM est I get all the morning stuff. (showers - etc)
I usually set my alarm to watch the live evictions.
It was 4 AM est on Sunday last year.

Faerygdds

Sunday, April 14, 2002 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Faerygdds a private message Print Post    
Also, fi you look on the official site they have a diary section... it's actually pretty good as far as keeping up with generic updates.

Judy

Monday, April 15, 2002 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Judy a private message Print Post    
The HM got a new weekly task yesterday.
It has a military theme.
They had 2 hours to build a bunker with the material provided.
2 HM must be on 'watch' duty at all times in the bunker. (no sleeping)
Other aspects include
BB assigning certain HM to be on 'duty'- which entails saluting BB when called upon and wearing uniforms.
At certain times BB will sound the revele(sp0 and all HM not on watch will have to be in uniform at attention at the foot of their MADE bed in 45 seconds.
The have bet 100% of their weekly budget.
Here is a pic of them in the bunker:
Bunker

Also they have made their nominations.
They are Turkan (female - having problems fitting in)
Damien (ladies man- is hitting on the girls quite a bit)
and
Katrina (prissy (imo) girl)

Judy

Monday, April 15, 2002 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Judy a private message Print Post    
Yester BB also gave them a snag as far as showers go.
They will have to pay for them out of their budget.
BB installed coin machines and they must pay for hot water in 6 minute increments.
Here is Katrina reacting to the news:
(Beside her is Miribai)
Katrina
Here are a few of the boys checking out the coin machines
boys

Ryn

Monday, April 15, 2002 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ryn a private message Print Post    
very cool Judy - ty for the updates!!!

Tksoard

Monday, April 15, 2002 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tksoard a private message Print Post    
Thank you SO much Judy for the pictures!! I can't see those little pictures they have at their website, so those pictures are great!! If you could do more of them with their names, It would really be appreciated!!

Judy

Monday, April 15, 2002 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Judy a private message Print Post    
ANYTHING for my favorite owl (and to avoid housework)
These are some other caps I have taken-
This is Marty- I repeat MARTY -NOT Wil! He is a very sweet 'country' boy who is actually heavily favored to win the whole thing:
marty
This is Aaron- I like him so far- he is ex-military (in charge of current challenge):
aaron
Here is Aaron with Shannon- she is the oldest in the house at 31- I find her the most interesting so far. She is got quite a LOUD voice though:
aaron and shannon
Here is Jessica- whom I find extremely annoying and fake. She is constantly singing(badly) and I was sooo hoping she would be nominated this week!:
jess
THis is Damien- the nominated ladies man. He is giving Mirabai a massage while she works in the kitchen. She has already 'snogged' with Damien LOL:
damienandmira
This was kinda neat- BB forgot to turn off the cams once when Damien was called in. He got in trouble for not wearing his mic:
micraphone
This is Alex- who is very quiet. He is enjoying a quiet moment in the beautiful outdoor garden area:
alex
This is Turkan and Damien:
turkandamien
This is Nathan- he formally "came out" to his parents before going into the house. He can be very funny AND very annoying!:
nathan
And finally I wish I could take credit for this cap- because I think it's brilliant! It is not mine though- this is Alex reading his book:
alexbook
I didn't have a good one of Sahra(she is gay - a body piercer - and very cool)or Peter.

Tksoard

Monday, April 15, 2002 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tksoard a private message Print Post    
Thank you Judy!! You are wonderful!! I like this last one. It took me a while to figure it out, but that is clever. I kinda like the looks of Aaron in the picture with Shannon. I don't see anyting in Damian, the ladys man? Is Jessica like, I think, Sarah, in the first BB? Didn't she sing alot really badly? This really helps when reading the official site info. HOOO HOOOO to Judy!!

Judy

Monday, April 15, 2002 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Judy a private message Print Post    
Yes TK- after I wrote that about Jess- I thought- that is EXACTLY how everyone felt about Sara Marie in the begginning of the first Oz BB.
Of course I grew to love her along with everyone in Australia. She is one of the most beloved people ever to be on Australian TV! Go figure!