TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Episode 1 - Premiere

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2024: General Discussion: Episode 1 - Premiere users admin

Big Brother
Big Brother (on CBS)

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through July 17, 2024Mysticlady25 07-17-24  6:56 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, July 17, 2024 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I think I like MacKenzie the best so far. She's calm, smart, not hyper. And she doesn't have an annoying voice.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, July 17, 2024 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
My guess is there may be no official HOH this week- Chelsie and whoever loses tomorrow night will be nominated automatically…

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, July 17, 2024 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
And I sorta like this- the comps were pretty equitable, which was my main issue with the first comps before- though that AI voice is going to be irritating all season..

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Wednesday, July 17, 2024 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
So we don't get to know what the 'upgrade' and 'downgrade' entails, and we don't know if the other 8 will also get the same opportunity.

The 2-night premiere kinda tamps down the excitement, especially when they withhold information for ratings.

Anyway, I kinda liked how complicated it was, and how no one had to lose their dignity on a slippery weiner.

Finally heard Matt talk about showmance possibilities. I expected this, hope it's his downfall.

Joseph being a poker player reminded me of Vanessa.

I loved how no one wanted to be the first one in the house! Very funny that this has become such an iconic part of BB canon.

Can't believe they're still doing the "OMG, I found a key in my underwear drawer, I'm going to be on Big Brother!!!" trope for the last 25 years.

Enjoyed the comp, not enjoying that we have to now wait until tomorrow night for the rest of it. Anticlimactic.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Wednesday, July 17, 2024 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Funny that no one went into the back bedroom with the mountains in the ceiling. Either that or they just didn't bother to show it. I didn't see who claimed which bedrooms.

I absolutely hate that we are not getting to see the first night scheming and alliance building.

Makensy reminds me of Cassie from BB10, who I liked a lot and was really annoyed when she was evicted. As a fellow tall person (5'10") I have to root for Makensy!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, July 17, 2024 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Loved this premiere! Loved the AI twist tonite.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, July 17, 2024 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
The other 8 will do the same contest tomorrow. I hate to see some of the negativity in this thread. I'm so over all the negativity in the world right now and hope we can all enjoy something together for awhile

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, July 17, 2024 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Rose- I think that’s the plan (obviously this happened the same day, just a couple of hours apart- they might have had the first 8 doing the comps while the other 8 were entering/voting so they weren’t tipped off)- that’s why they didn’t toast with champagne; obviously they were waiting for the other group..

And it sorta makes sense- the ones who decided to take a chance get a shot at a reward, the ones who played it too safe are risking a penalty..

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Wednesday, July 17, 2024 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I feel like BB doesn’t really begin until tomorrow night when the feeds start.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Wednesday, July 17, 2024 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Wilson, I noticed that they didn’t have champagne but they were chugging what appeared to be the single alcohol drinks that you can get at the Circle K.

Very classy! 🤣

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Wednesday, July 17, 2024 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Here is why I am confused about whether the other 8 get the same comp and decision:

“Jokers- Posted 6:23pm: Julie tells the HG's that for the first time ever, only the 8 current HG's will have the option to bring in an extra HG to the game -- they will vote for or against.”

“ONLY the 8 current HG…”

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 17, 2024 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
West Coast.. If you are recording, this is starting late and I don't know how ok ate because ar9:12 it is still on The Price is Right.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 17, 2024 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Recording the 10 pm hour, too. Same problem with Claim to Fame

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, July 17, 2024 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Starting at 9:27

Lanzee

07-11-2000

Wednesday, July 17, 2024 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lanzee a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed tonight’s premiere! Interesting AI twist. So far, I like Makensy. Wish it was 2 hours tonight and we will have to wait til trw night for 2nd Premiere.

Jadajean

03-23-2008

Wednesday, July 17, 2024 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jadajean a private message Print Post    
I don't know how much of Rubina I can take. She's exhausting!!!!!!!!!

Teriterrestrial

08-12-2021

Wednesday, July 17, 2024 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teriterrestrial a private message Print Post    
My favorites and least favorites will change several times, as the time passes, I’m sure. I did like Makensey’s (misspelled?!) calm and good sense. So I guess I’d say she’s my favorite so far, although I thought the rest were okay, too….with one exception. My least favorite is Tucker!
I am really looking forward to tomorrow’s show. I enjoyed everything tonight. Yes, it was a bit slow or missing something, maybe, but many tv shows are that way until you get to know the players.

Mitch300

06-02-2011

Wednesday, July 17, 2024 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mitch300 a private message Print Post    
I’m confused. Are you telling me the person AINSLEY is really not a real person. That is scary.

Veganking

07-24-2009

Thursday, July 18, 2024 - 12:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Veganking a private message Print Post    
The body language of Ainsley looked a little exaggerated to me, so I suspected her to be AI from the start.
Ainsley stated that her name was an acronym for Artificial Intelligence Network Self Learning EntitY.
This episode can be (re)watched from the CBS website for Big Brother:
https://www.cbs.com/shows/video/M_azGIqZgfOnwgnYagKQtz6Tfk7klyUB/

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, July 18, 2024 - 4:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Pamy, after tonight's episode and the feeds start, I will be more positive. Promise.

But, I still have today to complain. Lol! So, I will say this, no lives feeds after the first episode really sucks.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 18, 2024 - 4:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
In the credits of episode 1, it says:

"Guest Appearance by Elise Dibois and Cossette Rinab"

I looked them both up and I believe Cossette Rinab is the girl with blue hair in the DR and she's not AI.

Here is here IMDB page
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm7073123/
And Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/cosette/?hl=en

Kminfinity

06-29-2005

Thursday, July 18, 2024 - 4:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kminfinity a private message Print Post    
Great sleuthing, Naja!

I am guessing that the AI was never entering the game. Even if voted in, it just says, "Thanks so much. But I am not able to play because I am an Artificial Intelligence Network Self Learning EntitY. I just wanted to learn more about how humans play this game because I will be messing with y'all all game." And then we'll have the same comps we had last night again.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, July 18, 2024 - 4:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Naja, I hope your right that the bot was an actual actress. AI is so unsettling, and feels like gaslighting. Is something real, or not real? Ugh. Maybe that contributed to my negativity.

Come to think of it, it probably was an actress. Probably cheaper to hire her than pay a company to create it. Right? ... Right?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, July 18, 2024 - 6:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL Grooch!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, July 18, 2024 - 6:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
The girl that played Ainsley is a tiktoker

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Thursday, July 18, 2024 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Maybe the two winners battle for HOH and the two losers get voted for the first exit??

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, July 18, 2024 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Pamy, she's got accounts on almost everything. That is her that I posted.

Karsimken

07-28-2005

Thursday, July 18, 2024 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karsimken a private message Print Post    
"Guest Appearance by Elise Dibois and Cossette Rinab"

Elise Dubois is a comedian/voice actor. Is it possible that they are using her voice for Ainsley?

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, July 18, 2024 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
According to Hamsterwatch they did do an HOH- so maybe the 2 losers being nominated isn't correct (I doubted the two winners competing for HOH would be true- the power is supposed to be secret and I don't think they'd waste all those comps for just noms and HOH)

The two comps for tonight are supposed to be different than episode 1 so it's not going to be an exact duplicate...

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 18, 2024 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I agree. I like the AI twist and am looking forward to this season!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 18, 2024 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
For those speculating, I'm sure I heard Julie say that the next 8 will have the same up/down vote on Ainsley.

Veganking

07-24-2009

Thursday, July 18, 2024 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Veganking a private message Print Post    
Ainsley was definitely Cossette Rinab.
Compare this video with the BB episode. She starts off both with a similar greeting "Hi [Hey] guys!" in the same voice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjBjKQPV_38

And here is Elise Dubois. My guess is that she was the second voice of Ainsley when she assumed a different body.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ayAWMvV5K4

Veganking

07-24-2009

Thursday, July 18, 2024 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Veganking a private message Print Post    
If you replay the episode from the CBS site, the voice and body of Ainsley changes at around the 24:10 mark.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, July 18, 2024 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I heard the same as Karuuna.. The remaining 8 had the same choice and comps. I assume they had no contact with the first group before they chose and competed.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: