TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 16, 2024

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2024: General Discussion: General Discussion About the Upcoming Season: Archive through July 16, 2024 users admin

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, July 15, 2024 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Yuck on this news- they’re dropping the flashback and archive features on the feeds this season…

Carol_m

07-30-2009

Monday, July 15, 2024 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carol_m a private message Print Post    
Hi Everyone! Where do I find live feeds icon on Paramount plus Big Brother? Thank you for your help. I can't find it anywhere.

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, July 15, 2024 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
one of the HGs is a "video store clerk" from Florida. Who knew that there were video stores anymore. I havent seen any

Carol_m

07-30-2009

Monday, July 15, 2024 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carol_m a private message Print Post    
I finally got the icon. Thanks

Christiii

07-07-2005

Monday, July 15, 2024 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christiii a private message Print Post    
Maris, Rob and Taran think thats a joke

Christiii

07-07-2005

Monday, July 15, 2024 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christiii a private message Print Post    
Earthmother, looks like there are a least a FEW influencers in there...just not in their Bio. Cam, T'kora (really popular channel on crocheting), Brooklyn (was Mrs. USA and is also friends with Aaryn which should be interesting), Rubina has over 150k subscribers on IG

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, July 15, 2024 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I googled and there is a Walmart video store in Haines, FL. And there are a few adult movie video stores too.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, July 15, 2024 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Discontinuing flashback and archives? Are we going back to 2003 without the fun? I wonder if this might be the end for BB live feeds, since Paramount is being sold into some big generic corporation that will probably want to cut costs even further.

Oh well, I guess we'll just enjoy it while we have it. Canada cancelled their live feeds and BB is dead there now, so this might be it.

As for the HG, I have lots of first impression thoughts that I'll post in the Cast Bios thread.

Thanks Dipo, for always creating these HG threads for us to express our early takes and links to other info.

My early first impression winner picks for this season are:

Angela
Tucker
Cam
Joseph
Quinn
Rubina
T'kor

Bottom of the list:

Kenny
Matt
Brooklyn

None of this really matters when I look back at my winner picks from last year, which were: Cameron, Hisam, Mecole and Reilly - HAHAHA!

Missyb

07-28-2004

Monday, July 15, 2024 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
A little POd about the feeds lack if archived and flashback! We need it!!

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, July 15, 2024 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Yeah it’s ticking everyone off, especially East Coaters since so much stuff happens late at night because of the time difference.. some say it’s to prevent any questionable talk from HG’s from staying up, but most think it’s just them not wanting to host the stuff for money reasons (remember last year they pulled the archive immediately where in the bast they’d stay up for several months)- basically the only advantage between P+ and Pluto TV is that P+ won’t have commercial breaks and is a couple minutes ahead of Pluto…

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, July 15, 2024 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
We used to lose so much sleep back in the old, pre-flashback days? And we depended on the live feed updates?

We are going backwards, to the prehistoric BB days.

The good news is that I am retired now and can stay up as late as my body can take it. Not sure what that consists of, but I'll do my best. I know you guys will all help out. Remember how we would take shifts?

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, July 15, 2024 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
After watching all the pre-season interviews, it occurred to me that a major question was not asked of any of the HG:

"Are you single and ready to mingle"

"Would you be open to a showmance in the house?"

"Do you think you might meet someone interesting?"

I thought that was quite a departure from previous seasons when they pushed showmances over the game.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, July 15, 2024 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Carol M, I dont think you can find it right now on Paramount. I think it will show up when the feeds go live thurs night.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, July 15, 2024 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
CarolM, I just saw your 2nd post:-) glad you found it.

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, July 15, 2024 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I am thinking that AI will be used in competitions, i.e., show two videos of an evicted houseguest saying something about a specific topic and one of them is a computer generated video using AI. call it Fact or Fiction.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, July 15, 2024 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
If there is no flashback, etc, maybe I will just use Pluto. I feel for Taryn. Hope he has a way to record feeds. I do hate commercials. The only time I really care is during a live endurance comp..

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Tuesday, July 16, 2024 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I sent the following feedback to Paramount Plus and CBS:

"Very disappointed at the decision to discontinue the flashback and archive feature of the Big Brother live feeds. It not only ruins the viewing experience for the devoted fans, but you are also exposing your contestants to be at the mercy of the toxic internet culture where nothing can be verified. I am begging you to reconsider this decision, for the good of the fans and the participants."

Not that it will do any good, but I needed to get that off my chest.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Tuesday, July 16, 2024 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Here is the link to the feedback page in case anyone wants to express their opinion:

https://www.cbs.com/showfeedback/

Carol_m

07-30-2009

Tuesday, July 16, 2024 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carol_m a private message Print Post    
Thanks Pamy, I had to fix settings in browser.

Veganking

07-24-2009

Tuesday, July 16, 2024 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Veganking a private message Print Post    
Another premier preview released by CBS:
https://www.cbs.com/shows/video/91zIHm946aLyFVrpE_lf9ylo4YhpI4qG/

Veganking

07-24-2009

Tuesday, July 16, 2024 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Veganking a private message Print Post    
Mike Bloom posts full interview of all contestants:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7KX8OodejA

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Tuesday, July 16, 2024 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
WHY would you want to vote an extra contestant into the game, when the point of the game is to vote everyone else out? Why would you place another obstacle in your way?

Can someone explain the motivation to me, please.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, July 16, 2024 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Someone spotted something in the preview- there’s a Proto device in the house, which is used for holographic projections…

An example- https://youtu.be/ofS6z5zTZ_4?si=eG0hBJpLtsFFNUNm

Rose- an extra person= a possible shield and one more target that isn’t you…

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Tuesday, July 16, 2024 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Wilson, I did think of that, but the new person may not necessarily BE a target, and you could go out in their place. They might get immunity. Or friendship bracelets.

There must be something more offered to them, they frame it like the HG can “choose” to vote someone in. They don’t want to risk yet another twist failure, so they have to give them some kind of incentive.

Hwest

07-01-2011

Tuesday, July 16, 2024 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hwest a private message Print Post    
Happy the dawning of the season is here and happy to see everyone posting. At the start of the season all of the HG's look good to me - until they don't.