TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 23, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2023: General Discussion: Pre-game chatter: Archive through July 23, 2023 users admin

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, July 19, 2023 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Soap operas, variety shows, talk shows, reality shows and game shows are not affected by the strike. Actors can still participate in these shows because they have different contracts.

So Julie along with Garcelle Beauvais, Kyle Richards, Heather Dubrow, Ariana Madix and probably most of VPR cast, etc can still appear in a reality show

Christiii

07-07-2005

Wednesday, July 19, 2023 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christiii a private message Print Post    
!!OFFICIAL OWL COUNTOWN!!

OWL says:
14 Days
Hooty Hoot Hoot

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, July 19, 2023 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
It's creeping up....

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Thursday, July 20, 2023 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
My prediction above is now “allegedly” true. Janelle tweeted that she saw 3 rumored HG that have large followings on Instagram.

I have no idea how Janelle “saw” the HG, or how she knows about their IG followers, so that’s why I included the word “allegedly”.

I am old enough to remember when a HG “leaked”, they were removed, so maybe since Janelle let the cat out of the bag, they will be replaced by regular people.

A girl can dream….

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, July 20, 2023 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I saw that too. One has over a million followers.

Kswheels

06-30-2005

Thursday, July 20, 2023 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kswheels a private message Print Post    
Rosem - I don't accept the premise that Janelle told the truth. She will claim "I was right" if anyone fitting that vague description is cast.
Until she names names or jobs or physical descriptions, she is chasing attention on Twitter and nothing more.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Thursday, July 20, 2023 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Ks, I asked Janelle for a source, and I know this will sound crazy, but, she has not answered. Ha!

Kswheels

06-30-2005

Thursday, July 20, 2023 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kswheels a private message Print Post    
The Twitter clout chase has been going on since MAY. Of course, we're getting social media influencers. That's what we always get for the last 4 or 5 seasons.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Thursday, July 20, 2023 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
CBS is so confident that they will capture the followers of the influencers, who will then become tv viewers of their other lame tv shows. It’s disgusting. But also hilarious in light of their arrogance.

The people they’re trying to lure, don’t watch television 🙄

Even most of the BB HG don’t watch television, lol.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Thursday, July 20, 2023 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I know I complain about the influencer thing since they started this lazy casting practice. It’s just that I firmly believe that they could have a much better show if they just did some homework.

Like Pamy mentioned, the internet does a better vetting of the HG than production does. So they get paid all this money to browse Instagram like its Tinder. Casting people with questionable histories, who annoy and infuriate us. And usually get the show in trouble.

They could just actually meet and talk to people who could be our next Renny, or Dan, or Chicken George. And do real background checks and psych evaluations.

Every season I feel like they are missing opportunities, for some unattainable influencer audience. And I just need to vent about it.

Kswheels

06-30-2005

Thursday, July 20, 2023 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kswheels a private message Print Post    
You're not wrong. But there is a bigger problem with them letting an oversensitive and often activist portion of the fanbase executive produce the show.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Friday, July 21, 2023 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Ks, that is also an issue, and since the network won’t have anything else to get ad dollars for, it will probably get worse. Like the faux news channels, they are scared of not giving the viewers what they want. Even if what they want sucks!

Maris

03-27-2002

Friday, July 21, 2023 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I suspect that Julie will not cross the line. We will see.

Kminfinity

06-29-2005

Saturday, July 22, 2023 - 6:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kminfinity a private message Print Post    
How much of her content is written by others? If she crosses, I think that means she cannot use written content and must be speaking "off the cuff." That could be interesting.

Christiii

07-07-2005

Saturday, July 22, 2023 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christiii a private message Print Post    
!!OFFICIAL OWL COUNTOWN!!

OWL says:
11 Days
Hooty Hoot Hoot

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, July 22, 2023 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Wow Spoiler Girl (who is not necessarily the most reliable source) posted..."Pageant girl was indeed kidnapped, sent back home and it has something to do with something that I can't share to avoid being sued"

Do we have a boomerang HG?

Maris

03-27-2002

Saturday, July 22, 2023 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I am working in LA right now for a major Studio and I can tell you we were in one building last week and Monday there was a huge crowd of strikers in front of the building. None of the staff wanted to leave the building, to walk through the crowd of picketers. Not out of fear but out of respect. Even going on to the lot it is whole thing, nobody wants to walk past the people striking. People are sympathetic and feel they are justified.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, July 23, 2023 - 12:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Maris! I also just miss your daily updates on jobs you are doing, and would love to see the projects you are involved in, because I (hopefully still) travel a lot and would love to brag that I (sort of) know a WOMAN who made this so when I visit your renovated sites.

Maris

03-27-2002

Sunday, July 23, 2023 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
ok so my project for the last two summers is almost completed.

link

Film and TV giant Warner Bros. is moving into a large new Frank Gehry-designed office headquarters in the Burbank Media District.

Maris

03-27-2002

Sunday, July 23, 2023 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
In the process of moving these folks:

cartoon network

Christiii

07-07-2005

Sunday, July 23, 2023 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christiii a private message Print Post    
10 days out and I can't find any good spoilers...not even on RHAP..they are just doing stupid drafts...not much from Spoiler Girl or Jokers either. Anyone have good accounts they follow?
I just tried to watch the Winners Circle, 30 min show with 15 min of commercials

Mysticlady

07-05-2007

Sunday, July 23, 2023 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mysticlady a private message Print Post    
I just received an e-mail from Paramount+ to resubscribe:

Get 1 Month Free - Code: Lioness by 9/30/23

Christiii

07-07-2005

Sunday, July 23, 2023 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christiii a private message Print Post    
I subscribe to Walmart free delivery service. Did it by mistake but ended up keeping it! $98 a year for free delivery on everything PLUS it throws in Paramount Plus!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, July 23, 2023 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Maris, that is so cool! Would love to meet you one day

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, July 23, 2023 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Still hoping to get us BB tix!