TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 15, 2023

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Canada 2023: General Discussion About the Show: Archive through March 15, 2023 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, March 07, 2023 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
New season starts Wednesday, March 8th!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, March 07, 2023 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well I'm trying to get past the extremely disappointing notice that there will be no live feeds this season. They're being replaced by some sort of edited version which Arisa assures us will be "hours and hours" of footage.

I'll believe it when I see it and even if they do have "hours and hours" it still won't be the same as watching live unedited feeds.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 07, 2023 - 11:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The BryPie
@TheBryPie
·
1h
bb twitter so pissed off at bbcan that no one even bothered to dig up any dirt on the new HGs...

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, March 08, 2023 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think what the BB Canada production completely missed is while not a lot of people watch the live feeds, a lot of people are interested in hearing about what is happening on the live feeds from the people who do watch them. The live feeds are an essential part of what makes Big Brother a unique show.

I’m going to make a banner, but my enthusiasm is waning.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, March 08, 2023 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
They look like an interesting group of houseguests and, given how great BB Canada has been, I'm sure they will be amazing.

I'm sure going to miss the wonderful people here posting about the live feeds but I certainly understand. No live feeds means there isn't a lot to watch and post about. It just isn't Big Brother.

Such a shame. I don't know what they are thinking.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Wednesday, March 08, 2023 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Why oh why did they cut the lives feed??
The Mystery Manor theme will be fun to watch.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, March 09, 2023 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I like the theme, house looks interesting! People, I think there is only one I am 1-2 I am interested in fron this one episode. I will go look at the BB website to learn more about them.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Thursday, March 09, 2023 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
On tonight's show they announced someone left the house and for them not to talk about it! If we had feeds, we would know.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Thursday, March 09, 2023 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
So disappointed about no feeds. BBCanada has been so good the last few years. I did watch the first two episodes. And I am currently watching the first Digital Daily. Amal is the one who went home. Not sure I am going to stick with it. Makes me so sad.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Thursday, March 09, 2023 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
Yeah I am not going to last, I feel like I am watching ONE BIG COMMERCIAL. And the Digital Dailies you do not feel like you hear one whole convo, they change at their whim. To manipulated for me.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, March 10, 2023 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Missed it. Forgot it was on.Dang it! Hope I at least remembered to tape it. What nights is it on?

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Friday, March 10, 2023 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
Tues at 7
Wed at 9
Thurs at 7

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, March 10, 2023 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thx muchly Mamapors!

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Saturday, March 11, 2023 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
hamsterwatch #bbcan11
@hamsterwatch
·
10h
-Claudia won the safety vote
-Anika and Dan are nominated, plus Renee

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Monday, March 13, 2023 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
Seems the houseguests DO NOT KNOW there are no live feeds. You have to be kidding me,

Mel
@YouCanAndYouMel
·
7h
Santina: "I like to sleep. CANADA KNOWS I like to sleep." They haven't told the hg live feeds aren't a thing this year. That's a choice #BBCAN11

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, March 13, 2023 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Lol, no...really? That is hilarious.

I think it's very telling, there are a little over a dozen posts here and half of them are about the no feeds. Usually even a few episodes in to BB there are PAGES of comments. Methinks somebody made a boo-boo.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Monday, March 13, 2023 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
I am trying, but it is just not the same. The Digital Dailies are not daily LOL. nothing on the weekends. They are awful. I am sad. Thinking about Rosem, who fell in love wit BB Canada the last few tears. Are you watching Rosem?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Monday, March 13, 2023 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I know...BB Canada reeled me in then spit me out lol

I read an article where Arissa Cox was trying to say that only the live feed community misses the live feeds. The rest of the people "don't experience the show at that level". Again not taking into account that just because people don't actually watch the live feeds. They still listen to people that have podcasts or report on them.

Then she tried to placate everyone saying Digital Dailies are not just "a few clips" but "hours and hours of uncut footage every week," throughout the season.

What I did find interesting is Arissa's comment “I think we're going to see this year if this is what works." Makes me think if they lose enough viewers they might go back to live feeds? Maybe they did not foresee the backlash they were gonna have with taking away the feeds?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 15, 2023 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't watch BB Canada, but watched part of Taran Armstrong's podcast with Melissa and Aman and they are extremely disappointed in the footage behind provided. Apparently one spent half the allotted time watching and hearing a houseguest vacuuming. The comments section indicated that they were not alone in being upset.

Sorry to hear this.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Wednesday, March 15, 2023 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
They have made a HUGE mistake. I think they based a lot of their decision on what they thought was true, that really not all the many watch the feeds. What they failed to take into account is that thousands follow those that do and read everything!! They thought it did not matter, but boy are they finding out different. I have seen some stats on viewership, and it is way down for the first 3 episodes. I will try to find what I saw.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 15, 2023 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ah, that makes sense. Taran, for one example, watches all feeds, so he was (and is) watching what they make available and he has a huge following but he can only report what they provide, though he is good at interpreting and summarizing.

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Wednesday, March 15, 2023 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
Yep, those that report by the written word and those like Taran who have a podcast and do the interpreting and analyzing. Thousands get their info that way.

It just is too bad. I am curious what part Arisa played in this decision. If I had to bet money I would go with she is just as unhappy as we are. She loved the feeds!

July will be here soon enough, and BBUS BB25 will be here. I wonder what they are planning for the 25th year!! We have gotten old watching this show LOL

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, March 15, 2023 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I read that Arissa is very much hands on and many people are saying she was the one (or one of the ones) to make the decision. I don't know, but that's what people that were on BB Canada and know production have said.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, March 15, 2023 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Exactly. I didn’t personally watch a lot of the live feeds but I loved reading the posts and commentary from people who did watch them. It’s a huge loss and it completely detracts what made BB a unique and interesting show.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Wednesday, March 15, 2023 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Arissa started out as just the host of BB Canada. But as of 2020 (Season 9) she was promoted to executive producer