TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
America's Favorite Houseguest

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2022: General Discussion: America's Favorite Houseguest users admin

Big Brother
Big Brother (on CBS)

Vote for America's Favorite Houseguest

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through September 23, 2022Sincebb125 09-23-22  4:11 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Onab

05-09-2011

Friday, September 23, 2022 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Onab a private message Print Post    
Perhaps I'm wrong but I seem to remember Ian winning the game and also AFP....anybody else think this is right?

Onab

05-09-2011

Friday, September 23, 2022 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Onab a private message Print Post    
Never mind, I guess that was the year that Frank won AFP but Ian was runner up

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, September 23, 2022 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They often say who the top two or three vote getters are and while it isn't winning, I imagine it is nice to know you got lots of votes.

I am concerned that all of Kyle's tik tok followers (and his mom's) will vote for him without even knowing anything about the season or his game play.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, September 23, 2022 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I was able to vote tonight using Firefox browser but not Chrome.

Kminfinity

06-29-2005

Saturday, September 24, 2022 - 5:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kminfinity a private message Print Post    
Funny JuJu. I was able to vote with Chrome but not Firefox!

All my votes for Michael. His only game flaw, imo, was not cutting Monte after the split. I guess he gambled loyalty would be rewarded.

Kminfinity

06-29-2005

Saturday, September 24, 2022 - 5:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kminfinity a private message Print Post    

quote:

Calimom3
I read a comment on Kyle’s Instagram page—some gal said you can use any email, vote 10X and keep repeating. She said “they don’t verify, and they don’t ask for a password!” Seems like they will have astronomically huge numbers of votes if that is true…people can just make up email accounts…

I just tested this. If you try to vote without refreshing your browser BBVote won't let you make up a new email and vote. But if you close your browser, revisit the BBVote site "fresh" you can indeed make up an email and vote again. I just did.

I am guessing they are supposed to have software that recognizes a device+email and it's failing. I'm not techie so IDK what the fix should be. But again, BB screws up as usual.

Sucks if only some fandoms know about this.

ETA - Tested again.

You don't even need to close and reopen the browser. Just click the Logout button on the voting page and "log in" using a fake email.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, September 24, 2022 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Wow! I just did the same. That is a major flaw that could easily been avoided! This season has been a hot mess.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 24, 2022 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It didn't work for me. I voted yesterday, so went back today. Says I am not signed in.

When I click on Michael, it shows 10 votes, and won't let me confirm.

ETA: Never mind, you have to log out, even if you closed your browser. :-)

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, September 24, 2022 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The usual low level of BB competence and effort on display once again.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, September 24, 2022 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I guess once voting is closed, they could take that data file and run it thru a program that verifies the validity of an email address. Then you have have a data set of valid votes. That would be my first idea to fix this error ( maybe they planned to do it anyway… erm doubtful).

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 24, 2022 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I saw a tweet that said they are checking IP addresses but I don't know how valid that is.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, September 24, 2022 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I was just mentioning in the other thread that if the IP address is collected it makes it easy to kick out duplicates once voting closes. So no problem at all as long as they don’t forget that step. Lol

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, September 24, 2022 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
But what about things like libraries... I mean realistically probably not many people would be restricted to logging on at the library, but it would be annoying to think you voted, and it was discounted because someone at the same IP had voted before you.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 24, 2022 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
There are ways to mask your IP address also.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, September 24, 2022 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Right, but at least there is only 10 per IP address. No way to get around that. Actually who knows. I’m just speculating. Lol

Kitt, they probably have other criteria. I’m trying to think of how I would have that program set up but my tech brain is dated. Oh just thought they could use the email address at that point. Then you could have more than 10 votes per IP.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 24, 2022 - 6:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Rieann, by "mask" I also mean using multiple IP addresses. I'm old, but people that of the BB contestants age group are pretty savvy about those things.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, September 25, 2022 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Turner.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, September 29, 2022 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think it was just by email address. I voted from my desktop and then to my surprise was able to vote from my tablet, which seemed to have used my gmail address, which I only use when I have to, so I got in 20 votes.

I did vote for Michael, though I'm fine with Taylor winning, but I wanted to add to Michael's numbers so that he would, I hoped, be listed by Julie as a top vote getter.

The Kyle top three was not surprising but pretty sad if the votes were supporting his original stand on cookout fears.

As Taylor said, hopefully people supported his apologies. I think she doubted the reason for fan support but said if he does grow from this, then it is ok with her.

Anyway, they have never seemed to care beyond wanting large numbers to quote.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, September 29, 2022 - 11:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
A more palatable explanation to me for Kyle getting #3 in most favorite was that Kyle and his Mom have an extremely popular popular Instagram account, and Mom got their followers to vote for Kyle, even if they had never in their young lives (before 2000 most likely) even heard of Big Brother.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, September 30, 2022 - 4:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Looking at other message boards like E entertainment and prime time forums many posters thought Whst happened to Kyle wasn’t exactly fair, maybe it was sympathy votes? Not saying that’s necessarily my opinion.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 01, 2022 - 1:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes they have an extremely popular tik tok and that would be a factor but I'm far from the first person to still wonder about the motives of the Kyle votes. Just like another Kyle was rewarded with multiple offers to be an intern with certain senators/congresspeople..

I just hope, like Taylor does, that the support was for his change of heart and admitting it.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, October 05, 2022 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
First time I didn’t care who won Big Brother fan favorite, first yr I didn’t vote. I didn’t find any of them likeable but Joseph.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert HG Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: