TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Why Aren't the Live Shows More "Live"...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2022: General Discussion: Why Aren't the Live Shows More "Live"? users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, August 19, 2022 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
With respect to what everyone is saying about the live show and how they re-run things rather than spending time on live events, I wonder how much of that is due to Julie Chen Moonves. Does she just not want to or is she just not capable of handling and managing a fully live show?

Needmylifeback

08-13-2000

Saturday, August 20, 2022 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
My guess is that JCM's contract says she does as little as possible.. She is probably over doing this.. You can notice since she says the same catch phrases each and every week .. each and every summer. I would guess if she could tape those portions and only come out for the exit interview she would do that as well..

Seriously .... season after season the same thing .. every Thursday night for 20ish years.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, August 20, 2022 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, this seems like a Cake gig. An hour in makeup, an hour getting briefed, and then an hour reading a teleprompter. Must be nice.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, August 20, 2022 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
My guess is that JCM's contract says she does as little as possible.

That actually made me laugh out loud.

It does seem rather low effort. Which is a shame because it could be a lot more fun. I don’t know how much of the two hour live show was live but it sure didn’t seem like much.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, August 21, 2022 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Feeds down now for ages. BB doesn’t like live because live TV or live feeds takes a little work and they get by with the minimum possible.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert HG Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: