TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Does the game need to be changed??

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2022: General Discussion: Does the game need to be changed?? users admin

Missyb

07-28-2004

Sunday, July 10, 2022 - 12:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Since Big Brother 16 and the advent of the large dominating alliance , Big Brother has been in a pretty much rinse and repeat cycle . And I don’t see anyway of changing that in its current form. There is protection and longevity in numbers .
As a viewer, it’s disappointing to watch . Even when I like the alliance( the cookout, level 6).
So how does BB change it up? Will this backstage pass change it up? I guess I’ll wait and see. But I think viewer participation becomes more and more necessary . Something players do not have control over.
I just want to see players with intelligence and strategy have more of a chance over players of strength and numbers.
Thoughts????

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Sunday, July 10, 2022 - 6:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Yes. Complete overhaul of the casting process is needed.

BB insiders on Twitter had reported that the show received over 10,000 applications. Half the people on the show are recruits. Is it laziness? How is it that they seem to wind up with bottom-of-the-barrel houseguests every season? People they chose on purpose! Out of all those applications, there has to be 16 decent people, right? Why can't they find them?

The crap value of the comps is secondary, they can't come up with a lot of new stuff due to timing and logistics, so even though the comps are dumb, I forgive them for that. But...the casting is something they CAN control.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Sunday, July 10, 2022 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
But even better casting would not end the inherent need to form a numbers alliance. This is the part that has shaped the show and how HG play for a few years now. All the interviews HG's sound committed to doing things one way, and once in the house, they return to safety in numbers.
I think that safety needs o be less available in the early stages of the game. Mix it up.
Unfortunately, that would require production interference.
Unless you had a great saboteur inside the big alliances. Who always voted the opposite way, etc.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Sunday, July 10, 2022 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
I think of last years Frenchie. A multiple applicant. Bif super fan. Big BB tweeter. Yelled form his keyboard Big Brother moves that should be made. Vowed never to make those mistakes.
He enters the house and misstepped everywhere. It's like something happens when you walk through the door that we cannot fathom.
Only Will Kirby walked in and said I dont give a hoot. Ill play my way and see where it gets me. If I get voted out, so be it. He did not bend to anyone.
Only Jessica Graf has come close to doing that ( and still screwed up her HOH).
We need more players like Jess. Unafraid of being voted out.

Calimom3

07-12-2007

Sunday, July 10, 2022 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calimom3 a private message Print Post    
They could revamp the rules of the Have-Nots… instead of ruining their digestive tracts, causing lethargy, and sleeping all day. They could make a few of them “Have No Vote” instead. Kinda like they are doing with this mysterious “Backstage” thing. They would be more inclined to stay in the comps if they knew they’d lose their chance to vote. Well…hopefully? 🤷🏼‍♀️

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Sunday, July 10, 2022 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
I still think they should do one season where the prize money starts at zero and they have to build it through week-long tasks and various decisions the HOH or house make....it'll limit the down-time.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Sunday, July 10, 2022 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Wilson, I kind of like that idea. You would want to keep people with different skill sets to build up the pot. Not just physical HGs.
But something needs to change .

Kminfinity

06-29-2005

Sunday, July 10, 2022 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kminfinity a private message Print Post    
I think the goal is to prevent the big alliance from forming in the early stage of the game. They could steal a page from Survivor and create true teams. BB's flirted with this but never fully. Last year the Cookout overcame the team dynamic but I would bet most years no "cross-team" alliance would be really successful. There could be lots of ways to manipulate the team dynamics.

There is a past thread that had some good ideas.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, July 10, 2022 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I've always wished they had a day between new hoh winner and doing noms. Make everyone scramble for a full day.

Saguaro

06-21-2005

Monday, July 11, 2022 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saguaro a private message Print Post    
Im happy to see that BB Australia is now on Paramount+ Though right now only the last 2 seasons, but I’ve watched a few before those. I’ve always like the format where the show is more about the house against BB, than fighting each other. BB Australia also does a good job of unique twists, lots of surprises, and challenges that are given to individuals that really affect the way the game is played. Have always wanted the US to vary the game more.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Wouldn't it be interesting if the sequester time, isolated in hotel rooms, was spent playing the game through avatars in a VR platform. Your avatar be anything but white or brown. You would have scheduled "social time" with your housemates. It would be almost like the Voice. You never see the person in real time and make first impressions based strictly on personality perceptions.
Then you enter the house .

Calimom3

07-12-2007

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calimom3 a private message Print Post    
Missy, sounds like a blend of the The Voice AND The Circle…
That could be fun!

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I don’t think the ‘game’ needs to change. I think the way or criteria tptb cast the show needs to change.

I don’t care if it’s The Bachelor, love Island, The Mole (my all time fave Reality show) or Big Brother it’s all about fun, interesting, likable, love to hate characters.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
How would different casting change the advantage of safety in numbers?? Of quickly forming a 6-8 person alliance of strong competitors. That genie cannot be put back in the bottle.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
The larger alliances aren’t necessarily a problem for me, as long as it doesn’t get nasty and mean spirited. I know they often go that way. That’s why I think casting less insecure, less immature, and knee jerky hamsters would be advantageous for my liking.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Maybe if they change up the rules so they don’t know what’s coming:

-one week there’s no HOH; the home audience votes on the nominations

-the vetoes can be changed; like one week it has to be used, another week can be you can either take both of them down or neither, or another time you can play the veto immediately or can save it for another week

-one week everyone is eligible to go except HOH- everyone must vote for 2 different people (POV winner gets to nullify a vote against someone after the voting but before the results are announced, HOH gets 3 votes and can vote for 1 person twice )

Missyb

07-28-2004

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Anything that changes the “expected “ would be welcome!! To

Calimom3

07-12-2007

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calimom3 a private message Print Post    
Wilson—great ideas, no way for one alliance to dominate with THOSE variables in place!

Katidyd

07-15-2005

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Katidyd a private message Print Post    
Well with 16 houseguest you could have 4 teams with 2 men and 2 women on each. Then it could get really crazy by having team HoH and no one on this week's team can be HoH next week. One nominee from each team. So voting for 3 possible for eviction. Then maybe at 8 drop the teams and play for yourself.

Just throwing out some thoughts.

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
Can someone remind me why viewer voting and not the housemates voting out the nominee doesn't work? I used to love watching BBUK and liked that the audience voted who goes. Housemates weren't even allowed to talk about nominations.

Competitions for food was great. They had to work for what they got.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The main reason it didn't seem to work for BB US is the American viewers who voted were inclined to vote out controversial house guests which the producers felt made the show less entertaining.

Wally

08-13-2011

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wally a private message Print Post    
* cough * Jean Jordan * cough * Karen * cough * Chicken George * (actually called in to vote against George)

Wally

08-13-2011

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wally a private message Print Post    
more individual immunity opportunities in BB might help?

Missyb

07-28-2004

Tuesday, July 12, 2022 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Wally, i like that idea. Hidden immunity, pulled out on eviction night and HOH has to nominate someone on the spot or immunity holder names the replacement. Something needs to be done to make this game less predictable.
The season of the Level Six and FOUTE actual had some twists that really could have turned the game. Power did bounce between the two sides but FOUTE was a little too naive to do anything with it. Rockstar , had she won an HOH would have been amazing to watch!

Kminfinity

06-29-2005

Wednesday, July 13, 2022 - 5:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kminfinity a private message Print Post    
I like the idea of winning immunity and getting to name a replacement nom. The HOH would always have to be wary of a non-alliance member changing their noms, and so maybe that would encourage more individual connections between hamsters instead of big alliances.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, July 28, 2022 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I gave up on the US version quite a while ago. I started watching the Australian version (through paramount???) and really enjoyed it. You still have your perceived villains and your mean gossip groups and your control freaks but what made it enjoyable was that at least half the time, they had to work together to earn food for the house. You also only see the host at the end of each episode during the eviction. There's no chat with the host once the vote is over. The rest of the time, their only interaction is with the 'voice' of Big Brother which was quite humorous at times.

I'm skeptical the US version can ever change unless you remove both Julie Chen and Allison Grodner and that will never happen. Next up, I want to try watching the Canadian version.

Earthmother

07-13-2002

Tuesday, August 02, 2022 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Earthmother a private message Print Post    
Been here since day one. Lurking the last few years but kept up. What I love about this season is the diversity in, body types and some have culture, which was sorely lacking in previous seasons. It's not a bunch of 20 some things with nothing on their agenda but a showmance. I love the conversations where they truly want to know each other and their life experiences. Taylor and Turner are the most interesting in my book and I enjoy listening to them discuss their lives. I think the other girls see Taylor as acting superior when the truth is she is just more cultured.

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Tuesday, August 02, 2022 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
I agree the diversity seems to be improving but I think it still needs work. I wish there would be more diversity with older players.

I can see why some of the girls think Taylor acts superior, I feel that way with her some times but I don’t think it has anything to do with her being educated or well mannered. I just see her having arrogance.

I form my opinions a lot from their diary sessions. Based on that I’m only rooting for two players, Turner and Kyle.

I also agree that I wish we could have a season without a dominating alliance. It makes watching so boring. I’m already losing interest in the show.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert HG Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: