TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 26, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2021: General Discussion: Jury House: Archive through September 26, 2021 users admin

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, September 25, 2021 - 3:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Kitt, so glad that you articulated that. Every single word you said was so meaningful.

Jimmer said something that was interesting to me: A POC won this year’s BB Canada and he didn’t need a huge dedicated POC alliance to do it. It can be done.

The reason it can be done in Canada is:
1- Canada has always been more inclusive than in the US.
2- The Canada BB powers have always created a diverse cast.

In general, the US has a massive issue with racism. Black people are most often suppressed, marginalized, and put to the bottom of society in every way. The fact that white people often rise to the top in BB is a reflection of this systemic bias.

This needed to happen this season. It was the only time the "powers to be" ever allowed so many people of color to be in the game at the same time. This group of players (created by Tiffany, the strategist) wanted to band together because this was an opportunity to shine a light on this issue. Kudos to them.

I hope that once this season is done, we will see much more diverse alliances work together.

Mitch300

06-02-2011

Saturday, September 25, 2021 - 6:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mitch300 a private message Print Post    
Kitt, you mentioned that in the past POV were portrayed as angry, drama or unpredictable. Yet, the only person that got evicted that was angry and caused drama was a person POC. Has their ever been a season where Julie had to demand that the evicted person please leave the house. So, for all the cause, it doesn’t put a poc in the best of light.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, September 25, 2021 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Any person could have done this - white or black. It happened because Kyland is a self-centered narcist idiot, not because he was black. It makes Kitt's point ever more relevant. It's a valuable lesson for all of us:

...there's always someone who helps push a story for a black contestant because of their own biases. Everything from they're "angry" or "drama" or "unpredictable" right through to them "just not fitting in with the group." There have probably been a few exceptions, but not many.

Chippy

08-16-2007

Saturday, September 25, 2021 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
Exactly. Things don’t always happen because of color. For me, the light that shone the brightest was racism itself. You’re not black so we don’t want you in our exclusive club. Call it a cause or a mission when one group does it and call it racism when another does the same. Yes, it takes us all backwards. And it was totally unnecessary with a diverse cast that so obviously didn’t see color from the start.
Tiffany was on track to win because of her work in the game, not because of her color. She can say she gave it up for the mission all day long but that’s not how I saw it. You can’t use a big alliance then dump it at the end and expect a different outcome.
They did the very thing to non black people that they claim was done to them. And let’s be honest, there’s idiots of all colors who treat people badly. Victimhood comes in all colors too. None of its pretty but it sure keeps the narrative going even on a cheesy reality show.

Needmylifeback

08-13-2000

Saturday, September 25, 2021 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
Sharon Tharp
@sharontharp

(Re: Kyland's opinion - Copied from up thread and highlighting the part I am responding to.)

"Tiffany made choices that by her own admission were selfish and un-loyal. " #bb23

___

He had her on the block "begging" to stay (which he was enjoying immensely) - and he basically asked her to say that she was selfish and unloyal - she even commented in the DR that she said whatever she thought he wanted to hear...

Mitch300

06-02-2011

Saturday, September 25, 2021 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mitch300 a private message Print Post    
Exactly, that’s my point. I personally don’t have an issue with it. I was trying to say that anyone who is against poc are going to look at Kylands exit as see, they are drama etc. I understand what the goal/mission was. I just think personally they could of went a not as blatant way of achieving that goal. As someone mentioned BB of Canada winner was aPOC.

Chippy

08-16-2007

Saturday, September 25, 2021 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
BB has had POC winners. Just not black or black enough and not the regular season. There’s all kinds of things that have to be ignored to get to historic.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, September 25, 2021 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Tiffany essentially told Claire in the jury,
You are a great person and a great friend. I love you and I would have loved to keep our alliance to the end. Too bad but you are just the wrong color.

Can't people see how awful that is? Yes I know that black people have experienced that kind of treatment (and much much much worse) for years. That is why it is so wrong.

I also agree that the likelihood of a POC winning BB Canada is far greater than winning BB U.S. All the same, I think that a POC would have won BB U.S. this year without a big POC alliance. All they needed was to be a good player and have a reasonable chance and they had that this season. It was a solid cast.

With respect to Kyland's exit, there have been numerous angry white people on BB. No difference.

It always bothers me when people claim they are "representing" or are considered representative of a group of people. All they are representing is themself. For example, it's not like I'm some kind of representative for white men.

Mysticlady

07-05-2007

Saturday, September 25, 2021 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mysticlady a private message Print Post    
Tiffany's Jury Q & A:

https://twitter.com/CBSBigBrother/status/1441840346770464770

Chippy

08-16-2007

Saturday, September 25, 2021 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
There is no wrong color. And none of us can walk in each others shoes or make assumptions about us because of skin color. Our history is what is and none of us can change it but we are not responsible for the sins of the past. It is as offensive to me as it is to anyone to be the target of any racism. And I’d be offended as well if anyone thought themselves so important that they represented an entire race.
Especially on a game show where the prize is substantial.

I also don’t understand any cause being more important than how you had the chance to make the life of your family better. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Calimom3

07-12-2007

Saturday, September 25, 2021 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calimom3 a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, upthread you mentioned something about “if Anaheim wins part ll and takes Big D, as planned...”
Won’t she first have to compete against X in part lll, and beat him to have a say as to who goes to F2?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 25, 2021 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes. Part three is crapshoot questions and Azah gets nervous with questions, but she still could beat Xavier.

But first she would have to win part II over Big D. She could..

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, September 25, 2021 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I hope that once this season is done, we will see much more diverse alliances work together.

I have the same hopes. It will be interesting to see what happens next season. I fervently hope there won't be other attempts at alliances based on color.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 25, 2021 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
In Travis' Instagram we get confirmation that pre-jury hg will not be brought back, but he on Zoom on finals night.

He is voting for Derek X for fan favorite.

Wonder if Christian will pay his own way back to reunite with Alyssa that night..

Eta.. Well he IS a flight attendant....

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, September 25, 2021 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I wonder if they're going to do some type of zoom reunion?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Saturday, September 25, 2021 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I do miss the old times when we were able to look forward to a BB after party at Les Deux or Dolce...with bloopers the crew threw together. Or after parties in Vegas...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 25, 2021 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
He did not reply about any form of reunion.

Mysticlady

07-05-2007

Saturday, September 25, 2021 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mysticlady a private message Print Post    
Hannah's Jury Q & A:

https://twitter.com/CBSBigBrother/status/1441900912809680897

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, September 25, 2021 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Christian was a flight attendant as well as Brent? Whoa, I missed that.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, September 25, 2021 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Nope. I was just watching the show and realized I had that wrong.. so Christian is on his own and unless production wants to make a story of him being there for Alyssa, he's not going to be anywhere but on zoom on finale night.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, September 26, 2021 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, the conversation has moved on, but I just want to say that to me this:

You are a great person and a great friend. I love you and I would have loved to keep our alliance to the end. Too bad but you are just the wrong color.

would be just the same as a female in a female alliance saying to their showmance male that too bad they are just the wrong sex. This isn’t a job or a federal benefit or something, it’s just a place in an alliance she chose to make.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, September 26, 2021 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I sure hate that everything is Twitter links. Links to the real link, but Twitter makes money for every hit. I get it. This is everywhere now, except to links to Facebook to get the actual link for content.

😳😳

Strategist

07-01-2014

Sunday, September 26, 2021 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Twitter makes money for every hit. I don't believe that's the way it works. Twitter does not make money from links in posts.

For example, BB posts something with a video or link to their own site. That gives BB more visibility on Twitter (not the other way around.)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 26, 2021 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Big Brother
@CBSBigBrother
The jurors had to get a little love from home, too!Smiling face with 3 hearts Check out a preview of their messages from loved ones. #BB23

https://twitter.com/CBSBigBrother/status/1442209861165625346

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 26, 2021 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, SarahBeth's Mom has the same voice as her.

Claire's dog is so cute.