TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 03, 2021

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : Canada 2021: General Discussion About the Show and Live Feeds: Archive through March 03, 2021 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, February 19, 2021 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Getting us started for 2021! :-)

Moved the following four posts over as well.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, January 25, 2021 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Well the first teaser for 2021 is out- it says “This is Not the End”

https://twitter.com/globaltv/status/1353872784414408707?s=12

(So people are speculating some of the people from the called off season will get to come back...Wouldn’t be shocked if it’s that and they keep the house theme as it was...)

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, January 31, 2021 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Wilson....yah...I saw and think the same thing. I wonder if all the remaining hg's will be back? Maybe some will not as they have issues at home with pandemic. Will be interesting because if not all the remaining hg's are back, they can't start mid season, would need to start from the beginning with new hg's. Or maybe if it was only a couple of the remaining hg's that couldn't return, they would have already evicted hg's do a challenge letting a couple return to the game. Oh the possibilities are endless! Looking forward to it returning. Wonder when they they think it will be.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, February 19, 2021 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
We have a date! Back on March 3!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, February 19, 2021 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thx Miz! :-) A friend of mine thinks it will be a fresh new cast. I dunno. As much as I didn't like this cast, it would be fair to bring them back to play out their season. On the other hand the experimental petri dish concept of strangers being together goes out the window. They've probably texted and hung out with each other on social media all this time. But on the other, other hand, lol, BB recycles castmates all the time.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, February 19, 2021 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
One of the main things I dislike about returning casts or all star shows is there are a lot of pre-season relationships and alliances and that removes a lot of the enjoyment that viewers get seeing those relationships develop.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, February 19, 2021 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
100% agree, Jimmer!

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, February 24, 2021 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I forgot all about the cast that was sent home when they cancelled BBC, but I remember it was getting interesting and then they were gone ! I hope this time it will last the season.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
They announced the cast yesterday....

https://cartermatt.com/431365/big-brother-canada-season-9-cast-reveal-meet-14-new-houseguests/

and one of them has already been removed pre-me in due to allegations of racist comments and violence..(Ethan, he’ll be replaced by an alternate)

https://twitter.com/bigbrotherca/status/
1365120682548461568?s=21

As for the twists-

-14 new HG’s at first- though it’s widely speculated there will be 2 former HG returnees at some point (the house will have a lot of last years design made to look abandoned and left to rot so It’ll fit thematically as “survivors”)

-they’re going to split the house into 2 teams of 7- but the teams aren’t preset. The Canadian audience is currently voting on the team captains; those two will pick the teams on move in night (and will have immunity for the first eviction)

-prize is still $100k, plus about 30k in sponsor prizes (10k additional cash, a luxury trip for 2, and 10k in outdoor grilling supplies)

-They’ll have a TikTok wall where they can make videos and that’ll tie into a POV comp..

-shows will be Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thx Wilson!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, February 25, 2021 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Big Brother Canada
@BigBrotherCA
·
2h
Today, Global TV and Insight Productions were made aware of some significant concerns regarding an individual who has been announced as part of the Season 9 cast for Big Brother Canada.

While much of what has been brought to our attention remains unproven, we cannot proceed with casting this person and this individual will be replaced ahead of the season premiere.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, February 26, 2021 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahahahaha ...
Ana @crispyking22
·
1h
Fake kyle is saying he's gonna apply for next season but i bet it takes him less than one week on bb twitter to give up on that idea Face with tears of joy #BBCAN9

Alfie @AlfieS12
· 4h
We nearly killed Kyle Moore... Skull #BBCAN9

https://twitter.com/EARTHD0GBB/status/1365365673724170242

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, February 26, 2021 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I'm going to attempt to watch BB Canada for the first time. I'm a little fuzzy on using the vpn...but I just read an article that said if you live in the US and you want to watch Big Brother Canada that if you have a Roku device that you now can get Global TV on it and sign up for $0.99 a month. Does that include a TLC Roku TV? Because I looked for the app. I found Global TV from every other country but not Canada lol...anyone have a clue?

Also, I assume I have to watch it live? It says it's on at 7 p.m. ET/PT...I'm confused as to what time that would be in California. I mean how is it both eastern and pacific?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, February 26, 2021 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
I figured out it's Canada TV app...the guide did not correspond with what was playing on TV.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, February 27, 2021 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, this situation just cracks me up ... 𝚊. @xoxofeedsters
·
6h
I’m still amazed that #bbcan9 Twitter found a whole ass man, blew up his social media, and then gave him no choice but to be our friend and watch a tv show of narcissists living in a house on a sound stage. I expect no less.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, February 28, 2021 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Why does POP have BBAD at midnight? The date says 2021....

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Sunday, February 28, 2021 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Why does it say BBAD is on at midnight on POP? It says first run 2021....

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, February 28, 2021 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm still figuring things out myself but I'll let you know what's up when I find out.

Great you'll be joining us. We've had some great seasons!

With respect to the East and West Coast times, I think it is shown twice. Once in the East and then again three hours later in the West.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, March 01, 2021 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Pics of the house thread...LOL at the have not room...

https://twitter.com/89razorskate20/status/
1366465162623021058?s=21

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, March 01, 2021 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL that's one scary looking house!

Christiii

07-07-2005

Monday, March 01, 2021 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christiii a private message Print Post    
Let me know if anyone from the US figures out how to watch!!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, March 02, 2021 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Because I live in Canada, I have no practical experience watching BB Canada from the U.S. but based on my general knowledge, it's just a matter of getting a VPN (Virtual Private Network) provider and using the VPN to access it. The VPN is needed because access is restricted to people in Canada and the VPN accesses it through a Canadian portal that makes it appear you are in Canada.

There are free VPN's available but not surprisingly they are not as good, safe and reliable as ones that you pay money for. I've been using one called Express VPN (not to watch BB Canada but for watching other things, etc.). It's one of the more expensive VPN's but it's very good.

Even that said, it's not very expensive and I think they offer a free trial.

https://www.expressvpn.com/ ...

Other techy people here could probably recommend other VPN's as well.

Note that the VPN doesn't directly provide access to anything. In this case, you'll just use it to make you appear to be "Canadian" eh.

So you just run the VPN (Express VPN will provide the software and setup - it's easy) and then use your regular web browser and go to the Global TV website that has BB Canada. They'll have all the shows and the live feeds there.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 02, 2021 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I saw that someone asked about access and just saw this tweet...
Cat van Zyl
@Catvanzyl
· Feb 18
How to watch #BBCAN9 from the US/International:

1. https://click.hmavpn.com/aff_c?offer_id=1&aff_id=542
Secure, trusted, proven, safe VPN used by BB'ers for years.
2. - Change location to Canada, anywhere.
3. - http://bigbrothercanada.ca

NOTE: Free VPNs do not work, and aren’t secure.
Show this thread

https://twitter.com/Catvanzyl/status/1362529930786054155

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, March 03, 2021 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's another well-known pay VPN. I haven't used it myself but it is less expensive than Express VPN.

This VPN stuff sounds complicated but it's really very easy if you use a good one. Sign up, install the program that they provide for you, run the program, select the country you want to connect from (in this case it would be Canada), click connect and then go look at the BB Canada website. When you are done, go back to the VPN program and click disconnect (so you are back in the States). That's it! :-)

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, March 03, 2021 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Here's a picture of what the Express VPN program looks like.

You just select the location (in the picture, I have USA - New York selected) and then click the button in the center to connect. That's it.

Link to the Express VPN Website