TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 12, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2020: General Discussion : Can the game be played without the accusation of Racism?: Archive through September 12, 2020 users admin

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I feel like I’ve learned a lot over the years from our discussions here at TVCH.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I have too

Jadajean

03-23-2008

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jadajean a private message Print Post    
What I experienced just today. Went to Marshall’s today just to get out if the house. Stopped at the hair section and saw a sign on only the ethic part that said. “This section us being monitored and watched.” I’m like what the hell, so I called another WOC over she took one look, looked around the other areas of hair care and said . There was a Marshall’s employee nearby and we asked her why was the sign only on the ethnic section. She became defensive and said we have them everywhere. I asked her - where else be because I don’t see any. She then said - they must have fell and said said would it back yo feel better if I moved it here. The other WOC told her it would make us feel better if you went and got your manager and watched your insulting condescending tone. Needless to say the manager never came and we both left the store and vowed never to shop at Marshall’s again.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Yup.

And how about the stores where that section is under locks and you have to have a manager come unlock it.

America 2020

Jadajean

03-23-2008

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jadajean a private message Print Post    
Keldog - which us why I din’t do Sally Beauty Supply.

Chippy

08-16-2007

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
Certain products in stores are shoplifted more than others. Electronics are one example. Extra measures are meant to prevent such things. I frequent Marshall’s and home goods and just bought a purse the other day that had to be unlocked. Am I to make some inference besides the obvious? There are cameras everywhere and signs indicating them sometimes. People steal things. Certain things are stolen more. Should that be ignored?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Chippy, I get what Jadajean is relaying.

My hair products are not being watched or monitored more than the normal security in the store, unlike the products for those with ethnic hair.

Jadajean

03-23-2008

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jadajean a private message Print Post    
To the people that don’t get it. What if you were blonde and all the products associated with blonde hair were in one section with a sign saying it’s being watched and monitored and their were no signs placed on any other hair products, would you not be offended also?

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
I cannot understand why people don't think this is offensive. I am really at a loss.

Chippy

08-16-2007

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
Again there are many other targeted products with enhanced security. That was my point. Cause and effect.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jada, you should tweet that story and #Marshalls!

Chippy

08-16-2007

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
Or maybe speak to management and voice your concerns.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Chippy but it is in the same area. She isnt saying it was in the hair product isle and not the electronic isle. She is saying in the entire hair care area the sign is only above the ethnic hair supplies.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Chippy, she asked for management and they never came

Jadajean

03-23-2008

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jadajean a private message Print Post    
I realize that some higher end products have higher security risks and that doesn’t bother me because it’s not directed at any group. I’m talking about hair oil and moisturizer here.

Jadajean

03-23-2008

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jadajean a private message Print Post    
Thank you Pamy.

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
I purchase hair products in the section for ethnic hair. I’ve never noticed signs saying the section was being monitored. Not saying they aren’t there, I’ve just never noticed.

Chippy does make a good point that if certain item are shoplifted at a high rate, they monitor them closer.
I shop at TJMax frequently and they have tight security on their fitting rooms. Of course they are closed right now but pre Covid, there is always someone standing there counting your items going in and coming out.

Chippy

08-16-2007

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
Maybe the employee didn’t go get the manager. Maybe if it was that offensive, go in search of someone to get a manager. I’ve done that. I’m offering alternative theories because sometimes it really is just what it seems but hey it appears that there’s racism in nearly everything these days. I find that offensive.

Jadajean

03-23-2008

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jadajean a private message Print Post    
I’m done. The entitled will never get it. Fir thise you you that get it - thank you fir understanging.

Jadajean

03-23-2008

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jadajean a private message Print Post    
God - can’t type when I’m pissed iff.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Yup

I feel you.

Chippy

08-16-2007

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
Entitled? Wow. Yup.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
People who are born white have a privilege in the US over everyone else.

Until people acknowledge that truth, they will never truly understand all the ways racism weaves through our society.

And if they don't understand, then things will never change.

Chippy

08-16-2007

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
And that, to me, is a racist statement ... declaring privilege to anyone born white. Great conversation ender though. Carry on.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 8:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Can I ask you a question?

Have you ever wished you were born black? Would you be willing to wake up tomorrow as a black person and experience all that goes with that?