TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 12, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2020: General Discussion : Can the game be played without the accusation of Racism?: Archive through September 12, 2020 users admin

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Friday, September 11, 2020 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
That moment in the key room was not the first time they have made negative comments about Ian's stimming.

So no mercy here.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, September 11, 2020 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
If they've commented about it before in a nasty way, then that is even more wrong. As I said earlier, these things are usually a pattern. They'll likely make more comments in the future.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, September 11, 2020 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
No one said they were evil? As you noted, so that's a bit of a straw man argument.

I've just said they were wrong, no matter what their motivation.

There are others however, saying there was nothing wrong with them laughing, and that they weren't laughing about his disability. Of course they were, or they wouldn't have included it in their joking.

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Friday, September 11, 2020 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
There has been no mention of comments before this current clip and discussion so my opinion is based on the current clip.

My perception and opinion on what was shown is still the same. I didn't see them laughing at Ian and his disability. I saw them laughing at Memphis and his discomfort with Ian.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, September 11, 2020 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Memphis popped into the room. Mocked Ian. They laughed. He left. That did not look like someone in discomfort to me. He wanted a laugh. He got a laugh.

Big brother has cut the feed many times and they are not showing all the discussions that have been happening. However, Memphis has been inconsiderate before. His speech when he nominated David for example was insensitive and unnecessary. He seemed to take glee in that as well. When people show you who they are, believe them.

Jadajean

03-23-2008

Friday, September 11, 2020 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jadajean a private message Print Post    
Nicole had been stopped by Olay, Pantene, and CVS. I say good although I might be a bit biased because I Have no respect for her. As a person who works in marketing She should have just rolled over and not responded at all. The companies had no choice as it’s damaging to their brand.

Smokey

07-07-2003

Friday, September 11, 2020 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Jadajean, please excuse my ignorance but what does Nicole do that would lead her to be dismissed from those companies? I think she does something online? Promotions? I could be wrong. I am so in and out with this that I miss a lot. And with the feeds going to stars so much, I get impatient!

Jadajean

03-23-2008

Friday, September 11, 2020 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jadajean a private message Print Post    
Smokey - they pay her to endorse their products across social media platforms hence her title ad a Social Media Influencer. They watch your every move and if you do anything that they deem is puts their brand in a bad light you will be dropped. It’s usually a snowball effect.

Smokey

07-07-2003

Friday, September 11, 2020 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Ok, got it. Thank you, Jadajean!

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, September 11, 2020 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Nicole branded herself as the nice girl next door. How she has been behaving in BB is "off brand" for some of the companies that pay her to promote their products.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, September 11, 2020 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Can anyone list out all the things Nicole has done to deserve that (in addition to laughing at Memphis for ten seconds).

Chippy

08-16-2007

Friday, September 11, 2020 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chippy a private message Print Post    
Good question Jimmer. Unfortunately some people get cancelled for little reason or even imagined behavior. Others don’t. Such is life in 2020.

Momolson2

08-23-2014

Friday, September 11, 2020 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Momolson2 a private message Print Post    
There have been people of color, disability, and gays who have won Big Brother(Eddie McGee, Jun Song, Ian Terry, Josh Martinez, Kaycee Clark.) I like to think it's from good game play and not racism.

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Friday, September 11, 2020 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
I’m wondering the same thing Jimmer. And Chippy, I completely agree. It baffles me how there seems to be different standards for behavior these days.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, September 11, 2020 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Better yet, can anyone come up with a list of what Nicole has done in life to deserve the job of being an "infuencer"? On the Amazing Race, she whined if she actually had to work for anything. She behaves like a child who stomps her foot and only thinks of herself. NONE of those companies owe her anything.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, September 11, 2020 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
she has a lot of followers..that is all you need to be an influencer and then companies seek you out

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Friday, September 11, 2020 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
“”Memphis has been inconsiderate before. His speech when he nominated David for example was insensitive and unnecessary. He seemed to take glee in that as well. When people show you who they are, believe them.””

Strategist, I can’t stand Memphis. I hate the way he treats David and would love for him to get voted out before David.
I don’t see this having anything to do with Ian, Nicole and Dani.

Zoesox

05-11-2011

Friday, September 11, 2020 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zoesox a private message Print Post    
Nicole is getting cancelled for bullying!
https://www.usmagazine.com/stylish/news/big-brothers-nicole-franzel-dropped-by-sponsors-amid-controversy/

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, September 11, 2020 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The only quote in that entire article to emphasize what’s described as Nicole’s “absolutely disgusting” bullying is:

“I can’t even look at him sometimes because [of] his constant movement. It stresses me out,” Dani said. “I feel mean saying that, but I’ll literally have to move.”

And it was Dani who said it.

Maineiac

08-24-2009

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 5:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maineiac a private message Print Post    
So a Twitter user that hates Nicole uses this 10 second clip to try and ruin her.
It’s quite scary what social media can do to people.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
So a black man uses a power that he won, and because he keeps it a secret, he is compared to a murderer.

Just like a black woman wears a piece of clothing another HG gave her and is accused of stealing.

I wanna know who led this so called sensitivity training class...

Meggieprice

07-09-2001

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meggieprice a private message Print Post    
keldogg- Yes!!!! I am beyond disgusted.

As for feeling that Nicole has been punished for nothing- I do not agree. She and Dani laughed about Ian on several different occasions.If you laugh or do not speak out you are part of the problem, period. Dani isn't an influencer, neither is Memphis or Cody- they would have lost their sponsors too and rightly so for all of them.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Or if there are HGs with depth and character, the ruling mob gets rid of them quickly.

Mom_of_three

08-01-2011

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mom_of_three a private message Print Post    
Idols does not deserve this even if she laughed she said stop,numerous times she also said leave him alone. Last night she also tried to stop Cody. She has a quieter voice that doesn’t scream as much like the others. Also this cancel culture is ridiculous. Also with Ian she is constantly making sure he eats, she has defended him numerous times

Strategist

07-01-2014

Saturday, September 12, 2020 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I am fascinated by how BB mimics real life. I don't accuse anyone of overt racism, but I can clearly see how systemic bias is at work in BB.

When selecting their players, the producers (BB "powers to be") only pick a very few black people to be on each season. You can say that they chose to select many white people, but "cancelled" all the other black people who applied and did not make it on the show. This creates an "imbalance" in power from the start. Those who are not part of the white group are marginalized from the start.

This year, the large all-white group that is in power "grouped up" even before the show started. They decided to back each other from the start. The people in a large alliance have a better chance of winning HOH simply because of the numbers. This enables the marginalized individuals to be more easily knocked off.

The producers limit the number of players in the veto competition too, so that also favors the large group since more of them are likely to be able to keep the nominations the same. Again, the marginalized people are at a disadvantage.

During the game people in power get to chose who gets "cancelled" every time they vote. This is yet-again one-sided favoring the large alliance that was set up by the "system".

In the game and it real life. Systemic bias "cancel" people of color from all kinds of opportunities.