TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 08, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2020: General Discussion : Can the game be played without the accusation of Racism?: Archive through September 08, 2020 users admin

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, September 07, 2020 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Govols, first thank you for posting again. <99>

I recognize that you are trying to appreciate all aspects of this discussion. I see that you are open to understanding various points of view. I also get that you are making a concerted effort to try to ask your question again, in a respectful way. Things get heated here and when your voice is in the minority, it does not feel good.

I believe that everyone has a right to be educated - especially those who are open to learning and changing. It is my job to educate others about the plight of marginalized people and vulnerable populations. This is what I do for a living.

There is a lot of misinformation being spread on YouTube and other social media and I debunk many of those things IRL. I'm rougher in tone in the news feed and we do tend to go to our corners for sure.

It's it hard to get out from under misinformation when we only listen to people who are in it to make money. Each time the personalities you pointed to create a video, the story morphs and builds on a previous one. The purpose is draw people in and create "group think" and "mob mentality". Sometimes their viewership wants to get out from under that, but they just don't know how.

I am very comfortable with speaking openly about these issues and I am glad that you reached out again. It's after midnight here (almost 1pm). The only reason I'm up is I'm not feeling very well today. So perhaps I have not given you a full enough answer but I am happy to expand if we are allowed to do so.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, September 07, 2020 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Meggieprice just saw your post and it reminded me of Brandon Leake.

Brandon is a spoken word artist who was recently on American Idol. I would highly recommend watching his short spoken word monologue for anyone who is open to learning what it is feels like when you are living in the body of a black man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaM-OrZi6IA

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Monday, September 07, 2020 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
I could spend all night here telling you stories.

But I am gonna just do one.

My cousin, a 54 year old black man, was driving his 85 year old mother to church about 6 weeks ago. He drives a classic car (not good on the make and year but he has had people knock on his door and offer him $50,000 for it).

It was drizzling so he had his hood up and she had her rain bonner up so their faces were partially obscured. One block from the church they were pulled over by a cop. When the cop came up to the window and looked inside, saw 2 older black people dressed for church, he quickly backpedaled and said he just wanted to make sure they owned the car.

There was absolutely no reason to stop them other than the fact it was 2 black people driving an expensive car.

This happens every single day in America. And if you don't act subservient, if you don't show what some consider the proper respect, it can go bad quickly. And sometimes even if you do everything they tell you to do, it can go bad quickly.

Its exhausting.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, September 07, 2020 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Kminfinity, I too am very encouraged that the sports world is taking a stance to support BLM.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, September 07, 2020 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
It is exhausting, Keldogg. Your story reminds me of every mother that has to give her black son "the talk"...

"Don't wear your hood up."
"Don't put your hands in your pocket."
"Don't look at a white woman."
"Don’t touch anything you’re not buying."
"Don't leave your house without your ID."
"If confronted by the police, keep your eyes down and your hands up."
"Don't run. Actually, don't make any quick moves."

It goes on and on...and I can't imagine any mother in America having to tell her white son that.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Tuesday, September 08, 2020 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
It is exhausting Keldogg and I feel your pain as well Stategist.
Now that Kaysar and Janie are gone my interest level hss decreased by 75% to the point that I don’t remember to check this site . I have the feeds thru the rest of September only and when I do watch it’s boring + hard to maneuver on the smart tv.
As to racism I don’t know how to prevent it and even harder to convince someone that they are in fact doing the wrong thing via their action, interactions on this show.
While not a huge fan of Day or Bay I am not pleased that they are together on the eviction list. Last year I felt bad when David went so quickly and I am not pleased with his game play in 2020. am also sick and tired of voting the way the house prefers.
The only reason I even check in is to see them turn on each other .
Definitely on BB and Survivor it seems that POC go early.....in fact I am never surprised.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 08, 2020 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
To say that all you need to do is obey the police, is to say that you don't believe in systemic racism in policing, because it assumes you are SAFE with the police. That's MY opinion. Take it from a white girl who was pulled over by an Arkansas state trooper in the middle of the night. It is NOT always safe to obey the "police."

I will say it again, it also seems to be saying that a certain group of people have the authority to make you obey any command, under penalty of immediate death if you don't.

Nope. That's not a free society.

We all have a right to express our opinions, even if they aren't the same, right? So I'm expressing my opinion, too. This is how I hear it when people say "just obey the police." For some people, that's a deadly decision. Geez, look at the black social worker who got shot lying in the street on his back with his hands up!

That said, I'm glad you are participating in the conversation. Don't take it personally if I don't agree with you. It's not personal.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 08, 2020 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
That said, please do NOT discuss moderating on the board. It's against the rules. If you have questions, or comments, send them to us.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 08, 2020 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I have listened to Candace Owens. She has made a lot of money off of white people who don't want to believe what the *majority* of POC are saying. She's a shill.

For example, after George Floyd she put out a long video that was full of erroneous information. She didn't care.

This is what GoFundMe said about her:

"GoFundMe has suspended the account associated with Candace Owens and the GoFundMe campaign has been removed because of a repeated pattern of inflammatory statements that spread hate, discrimination, intolerance and falsehoods against the black community at a time of profound national crisis. These actions violate our terms of service," a GoFundMe spokesperson said in a statement to The Hill."

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/501623-gofundme-suspends-candace-owens-campaign-over-intolerance

She has been in Twitter jail multiple times for the same thing.

And here is a great expose on how she's all about making money, and not about truth. Before you quote her as some kind of reputable source, you should read it. Because she's not.

https://newsone.com/3848636/candace-owens-receipts-con-artist/

Meggieprice

07-09-2001

Tuesday, September 08, 2020 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meggieprice a private message Print Post    
Strategist. Wow...just wow. I could barely breathe watching it. Thank you. I was up a lot last night myself as my own chronic illness is in full flare right now due to the intense heat here.

These lyrics from the song 41 Shots I mentioned previously and which was inspired by the shooting of Amadou Diallo in 1999 have always struck me similarly He was mistaken for a rape suspect and shot at 41 times- 19 shots hit and killed him.

"41 shots, Lena gets her son ready for school
She says, "On these streets, Charles
You've got to understand the rules
If an officer stops you, promise me you'll always be polite
And that you'll never ever run away
Promise Mama you'll keep your hands in sight"

Is it a gun is it a knife
Is it a wallet- this is your life
It ain't no secret
It ain't no secret
No secret my friend
You can get killed just for living in your American skin"

As the mother of a biracial son the part about a mother getting her child ready for school makes me cry every time I hear it sung.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, September 08, 2020 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Kar, how do we reach a moderator about an offensive post without the poster knowing about it?

I don't like being a busy body, but some posts need to be read by a moderator as soon as possible.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, September 08, 2020 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
GoFundMe also took down Bevelyn Beatty's page for violating their terms and conditions. Now she's taking money from people to her personal account through Paypal. "Donations" for what, I don't know.

Kearie

07-21-2005

Tuesday, September 08, 2020 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kearie a private message Print Post    
Click on their name on one of their posts.

ETA Their profiles.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, September 08, 2020 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Propagating conspiracies is a money-making racket that has made a lot of people rich. Tatum, Logan, Beatty, and Owens all take money personally for "merch". Prager University is not an accredited academic institution and does not offer certifications or diplomas. All of them have had serious conflicts and have been restricted by YouTube, Google, Twitter and/or Facebook for making up lies and disseminating them to the masses. I would not give my hard-earned money to any of them.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, September 08, 2020 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Or send an email to moderator@tvclubhouse.com

You also need to be specific. A copy of the posts and what rules you think are being broken.

Simply being offended isn’t necessarily enough. For example, I’m offended that I’ve had to wait a while to see my doctor right now but he’s not breaking any rules.

Jadajean

03-23-2008

Tuesday, September 08, 2020 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jadajean a private message Print Post    
It’s also my constitutional right to inquire why I am being stoped without it escalating to violence.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 08, 2020 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, a PM to the moderator or Email to the moderator account is the best way to reach the moderators. The truth is we only check that once or twice a day, so it can be kind of slow.

So in a pinch, you can PM one of us directly, but be aware that we will forward that PM to the moderator account as well, so that such issues are known to all the moderators and not just one, and we keep a record.

Jimmer is correct in that we also need to know:
The name of the thread, and a copy of the full post with the time stamp and poster's name.

Hope that helps!

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, September 08, 2020 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
When online personality such as Bevelyn Beatty "otherizes" a marginalized group and also ask for money, always question where the money is going. Often, it's right into their own pocket. They are likely doing it to enrich themselves rather than to the "cause" that they are promoting.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, September 08, 2020 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I don't get the BB feeds, but from the discussions here the last day was explosive! I wonder how much of the actual discussions related to racism they will show.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, September 08, 2020 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Kar and Jimmer.

I wouldn't PM about somebody if they offended me.

Twice, I have been offended for something bad written about somebody else.

Govols

07-18-2005

Tuesday, September 08, 2020 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Govols a private message Print Post    
Allow me to ask one question. BLM has been mentioned here and by Day/Tyler. Have you followed where the money from BLM goes? That is a more interesting route to check out. Doesn't go to black people. That is the largest propagating conspiracies money-making racket I have ever heard of. Billions.
It is another can of worms if you want to talk about one of my friends being restricted on YouTube or FBook. That is another level of discrimination.
This discussion is tiring. Don't you think?
Someone said early on that this will lead to nowhere. I now have to agree. I am a slow learner.

So, with that. Let's all enjoy our lives the best we can and choose joy whenever possible.

Worldtraveller

06-26-2019

Tuesday, September 08, 2020 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Worldtraveller a private message Print Post    
Not to sound trite,
how about firing TPTB at BB and hire a non caucasian to do the recruiting.
CBS to stop editing the hell out of the live show and show the nasty remarks being made.
A reality show should show the reality of the people on the show.
How about a season with only 2 or 3 caucasian houseguests, Yea not gonna happen.
Systemic bias starts at the top.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, September 08, 2020 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Black Lives Matter is a movement to mitigate the systemic discrimination and bias that happens to black people. It's also to protect people from police brutality and racially motivated violence against them. It's entirely different from debunked conspiracy theories and illegitimate fundraising being moderated for content by online platforms to protect people from being fleeced.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Tuesday, September 08, 2020 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Systemic bias starts at the top.

Agreed and it's hard to believe that BB will ever deal with this central issue.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 08, 2020 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Have you followed where the money from BLM goes? That is a more interesting route to check out. Doesn't go to black people. That is the largest propagating conspiracies money-making racket I have ever heard of. Billions.

Well, that's not true. This is one of those internet rumors going around on some conservative sites that has been debunked. I advise you to do some research before you republish/believe these kinds of things.

This discussion is tiring. Don't you think?

It is true that it is frustrating at times, but I always welcome the opportunity to correct misinformation, so that the truth is known.