TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Janie Got A Bunny - Should I Get A Bu...

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2020: General Discussion : Janie Got A Bunny - Should I Get A Bunny? users admin

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Sunday, September 06, 2020 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
So as not to clog up the Live Feed Discussion Thread.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Sunday, September 06, 2020 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I will be moving soon and will have an awesome indoor/outdoor space that would be great for a bunny.

I think

Talk me out of it! Or into it!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, September 06, 2020 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Just get educated first, talk to a bunny rescue.

They can be much loved family members, for sure.

Gusmonster

06-01-2005

Sunday, September 06, 2020 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gusmonster a private message Print Post    
I had a bunny named Dandelion. Box-trained, free range, played and slept with the cats. She was lovely but she did chew wires so I had to tie them up off the floor. They can also live longer than some might think, Dandy was nearly twelve when she died. I still miss her.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Sunday, September 06, 2020 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
In the very preliminary research I’ve done, the chewing of wires thing came up a lot. That is something I would not have thought of.

Since I will have an enclosed area (Florida room), I think I can keep a rabbit away from wiring.

Can they jump up on things? I know they hop, but how high can they jump?

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Sunday, September 06, 2020 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I read that they don’t like to be held. Which is fine by me. I don’t need to hold them.

But, will it sit on my lap? Do they play with toys, like cats?

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, September 06, 2020 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Are the walls of your Florida room screening?

Asking because if you keep your bunny there at night, wild animals (raccoons, possums) will break in to get the bunny.

We don't want any bunny horror stories!

Christiii

07-07-2005

Sunday, September 06, 2020 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christiii a private message Print Post    
Www.petfinder.com
Put in your zip code and search for bunnies...this site looks for all the rescues

Bunny

09-01-2000

Sunday, September 06, 2020 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bunny a private message Print Post    
You can take me home with you. I won’t bite. At least not much.

Gusmonster

06-01-2005

Monday, September 07, 2020 - 2:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gusmonster a private message Print Post    
Dandelion never jumped up and got the wires but she could hop onto the couch with a lower ottoman for the first step. She did sit on my lap but didn't like to be held. Any feeling of restraint bothered her. She wrestled with the cats but I never saw any interest in their toys. What she wanted were things to chew on and pet stores have a lot of safe chewies. If you don't give them things to chew on they will chew on ANYTHING. It's just what they do.

The funniest thing about my Dandy was if she was hungry and her bowl happened to be empty she would sit in front of the cupboard where her food was kept and thump her feet to get my attention. Same if she wanted to go outside. I had a movable pen for her when the weather was nice. If not I'd pick her some grass or clover or get straw at the pet store in the winter because she loved to make nests as well.

Even if you have a secure outside space as I did I recommend the movable pen. Just TRY catching a bunny who's not ready to come inside!

Gusmonster

06-01-2005

Monday, September 07, 2020 - 2:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gusmonster a private message Print Post    
lol, Bunny.

Zgoodgirl

08-22-2003

Monday, September 07, 2020 - 5:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zgoodgirl a private message Print Post    
I had a New Zealand Red, boxed trained and good with the cat. But he still had an issue with wires for some reason. He also hit a corner carpet. I thought he would be OK roaming with the cat throughout the day being he was boxed trained, but they IMO still need to be crated if you are gone for the day to work. Still an awesome pet..

Zgoodgirl

08-22-2003

Monday, September 07, 2020 - 5:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zgoodgirl a private message Print Post    
Gus, the best thing I got for my rabbit was a tiny chicken run.

Gusmonster

06-01-2005

Monday, September 07, 2020 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gusmonster a private message Print Post    
lol, Zgood, you must have tried to catch a bunny not ready to come inside too!

They do have sprays at the pet store that you can use to keep your bunny from chewing things you don't want chewed.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, September 07, 2020 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I would vote no:

Bunnies scratch and bite.

Bunny urine and poop smell really bad.

Female bunnies can be aggressive when protecting their territory.

Health issues can be dental problems, ear mites and skin mites.

They can jump up about a foot or two.

Gusmonster

06-01-2005

Monday, September 07, 2020 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gusmonster a private message Print Post    
But you could say all that about any animal, Dogdoc. All pets require time, commitment and training and can still be a pain in the butt sometimes. I wouldn't give up any of the joy and memories I've had from all my pets past and present.

Kids can be a pain in the butt too but we still have them

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, September 07, 2020 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Grooch, the Florida room is completely enclosed, wall and glass.

Thanks for the link, Christiii, I’ll check it out once I get settled in.

Haha, Bunny, come on in, we can snark about BB!

Thanks everyone, for your responses! Especially Dogdoc for keeping things real. LOL!

It is a lot to think about, and a real commitment that I don’t take lightly.

I’m not moving until the end of the month, so it will be a while before I make a decision. I’ll be sure to keep everyone posted, either way.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, September 07, 2020 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Rosemary, I have had several bunnies. They are messy. They love to chew electric cords.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, September 07, 2020 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, I am soon to retire and thought about getting a dog. But I know what a huge commitment and expense that would be.

So that is why, when I saw Janelle’s big cute rabbit, I thought it might be an alternative.

I am still going to think about it and do more research.

I appreciate your caution!

Christiii

07-07-2005

Monday, September 07, 2020 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christiii a private message Print Post    
I dont have kids, and my animals ARE my family!! I highly suggest getting a new family member, who ever you decide on!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, September 07, 2020 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I like Christiii's advice. A new family member of some kind.

There is an account I follow on Instagram where they have a giant continental rabbit. He recently passed and they got a new one. Oh darn the name is not coming to me. Anyway, he was a big snuggly pet and used a litter box. Amazing.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, September 07, 2020 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Here it is...

https://instagram.com/big_cocoa_puff?igshid=wk7kmid2yrz5

Cocoa Puff just passed and now they have Cocoa Bean.

I don't think you are considering one as big as Cocoa Puff though. Lol

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Wednesday, September 09, 2020 - 5:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
OMG, Rieann, that is a huge bunny!

So adorable, but, yeah, a lot bigger than I had in mind.

I am still thinking this over, and I really appreciate everyone’s comments and advice. You guys are the best!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, September 09, 2020 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
My daughter "won" a free bunny at a carnival once. Darned thing cost me about $100 to build a hutch! Then we found out she was a he because he humped everything that passed him by, including the cat and people's legs (who knew bunnies would do this? Not me!!!). He was really smart though - I was sitting in my bedroom one day and here he came hopping in - he had figured out the cat door and decided he wanted to be inside with the family. Shame he wasn't house trained.

Taysmomcj

03-24-2008

Wednesday, September 09, 2020 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Taysmomcj a private message Print Post    
We have 2 Neatherland dwarfs, Very smart, but totally different personalities... Hops doesn't like to be touched much, but will stand still for head scratches... Butters loves attention, and will climb all over you. Shedding is also something you have to consider. Ours shed every 3 months, thankfully on different schedules though, or we'd have bunny fir everywhere!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert HG Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: