TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 24, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2020: General Discussion : Questions - Don't you want to know??: Archive through August 24, 2020 users admin

Calimom3

07-12-2007

Friday, August 21, 2020 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calimom3 a private message Print Post    
No, they all assume it was Kaysar—Apparently NicA had told Janelle to vote with the herd... Kevin has said one of the 2 votes was from him, so everyone assumes Kaysar is the other vote!

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Friday, August 21, 2020 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
Thanks Calimom. Well at least Kevin owned his vote. I wasn't so sure he would admit it.

Kminfinity

06-29-2005

Friday, August 21, 2020 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kminfinity a private message Print Post    
Can someone explain the Amazing Race stuff that keeps being brought up. I don't watch that show at all.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, August 21, 2020 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
All I remember about The Amazing Race is that Janelle and Brittney were out early and Nicole F was quite the whiny entitled crybaby and Victor was a saint for his patience with her. Judging from the first week in the house, that really is how Nic F is.

What I have always wanted to know is how so many of these people survive in the real world when they have no real jobs. Like what exactly does Dani, and her husband for that matter, do for a living - besides showing up on reality tv every few years? Curious minds want to know.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, August 21, 2020 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Why did Julie tell Nicole that Janelle was on her side? Janelle voted her out.

Nicole must not be coming back or Julie wouldn't have said that.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, August 21, 2020 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Janelle was on her side...she and Kaysar campaigned to get her to stay, but were unable to get the votes

They voted her out, so as not to put and even bigger target on their back.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, August 21, 2020 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
On the other hand, Julie telling Nicole that Enzo voted for her to stay kind of left out that it was a hinky vote to be used against someone..

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, August 21, 2020 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Scooter and Sea.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, August 21, 2020 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Kmin So basically on Amazing Race the 3 BB teams competing ( with about a dozen or so other teams) were Janelle&Britney, Rachel&Elissa, Nicole&Victor. The three teams had a true alliance with each other. J&B had just been eliminated. N&V were doing well along with another team. Victor was amazing, essentially doing everything by himself. Nicole was completely useless.

Amazing Race is a race around the world made up of different legs in which the teams of 2 have to complete challenges doing all kinds of things...They all start off with a written clue which they have to follow to the letter. They have a budget provided by the show for each task and with that they have to use whatever transportation is allowed to get to their International destination. There are usually two tasks available to pick from. Example: Ride an elephant, transport 50 logs from point A to point B or Ride a bicycle through the busy streets of some third world country's local Market to find a particular vendor to retrieve a particular pair of shoes. These tasks are called Detours. The team can pick between either task and may even switch between the tasks if they feel they are not being successful at the first one with no penalty other than the time they lose. Then there are Roadblocks that can only be performed by one team member. They have to decide who is going to perform the task without reading the full clue description. There are other tasks and opportunities, like Fast Forward which allows a team to complete a 3rd task, bypass the main task and proceed directly to the PitStop..

The controversy with the BB teams was during a U-Turn which allows teams to force another team to complete BOTH Detour tasks in a leg. Each team posts the pictures of the team they want to U-turn (or they can choose to not U_Turn anyone) along with their own photo. So it is not anonymous. The team with most votes (or no one) is forced to perform both tasks instead of one..and often ends up eliminated because they come in last. It is a dreaded event in AM. Because N&V were doing so well along with another team, they were being discussed to be U-Turned by other teams.

At one point...I think it was on a train ride to a destination...Another team confided when they were alone with R&E that they were going to U-Turn N&V. R&E pretended to agree to also U-Turn N&V but had no intentions of doing so. They ran straight to N&V to warn them so that they could be prepared. Rachel told them that she had “overheard” other teams saying that they were going to U-Turn N&V. She wanted to warn them but without implicating herself directly or the other team that revealed all of teams plans.. N&V instead felt that R&E were trying to manipulate them to use the U-Turn themselves. N&V then proceeded to ask ALL the other teams if it were true. Now the teams learned not only that their plans had been leaked but also WHO leaked it to Rachel. Needless to say it was a major drama. Rachel felt like she was giving N&V heads up and then felt backstabbed that they outed her.

The funny part is that Detour was in the Swiss Alps. Nicole was freaking out about being U-Turned, about heights etc...you know, doing her usual whining and crying about everything. Victor literally dragged her through. They got to the mat last, but were not eliminated because it was a non-elimination leg. Lucky for them. But then Nicole and Rachel proceeded to get into a gigantic fight right there on the mat. It was quite entertaining!That is why it would have been so much fun if Rachel had been on this season! She would have also been an ally for Janelle and Kaysar

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, August 21, 2020 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Since, you should email that to Taran Armstrong!!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Friday, August 21, 2020 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Sea lol... It was bad enough I had to listen to Nicole Franzel's paranoid, whiny ass complaining nasal voice on BB... But then she had to go and ruin my other favorite show. Although, I guess Victor made up for it. He truly is the most patient understanding man. He never gave up never got in a bad mood. He never complained he had to do everything by himself. Victor should have been the one that they asked to go from Big Brother to The Challenge.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, August 21, 2020 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Really good explanation of Amazing Race, Sincebb1!

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Friday, August 21, 2020 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know who Tyler is putting on the block?

Kminfinity

06-29-2005

Friday, August 21, 2020 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kminfinity a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sincebb1. That was a great write-up. I could just hear whiny Nicole.

So at the end, no one was eliminated? Does that happen a lot in AR? Sounds like it would make for boring TV.

So Nicole blames Janelle for being friends with Rachel?

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Friday, August 21, 2020 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
Lostfan - - I read in the Tweets thread that Tyler did nominate J&K as expected.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, August 21, 2020 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Wonderful explanation of Amazing Race, SinceBB1! Kudos.

Hwest

07-01-2011

Saturday, August 22, 2020 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hwest a private message Print Post    
I know Enzo told the story of his parents courtship on the feeds but I missed it. He started to retell the story last night in the HN room but the feed switched to people washing dishes downstairs. Does anyone know the story or have a timestamp for the first time it was told? Thanks.

Saguaro

06-21-2005

Saturday, August 22, 2020 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saguaro a private message Print Post    
Kminfinity, there are only about two Non-elimination legs per season. Nobody knows when they’re going to happen so it’s always a surprise. So it’s not boring at all. Amazing race and Big Brother are my favorite reality show since they first started. I was done with Survivor after a few seasons because the show was just too repetitive feeling.

Pschrfhd

05-22-2011

Sunday, August 23, 2020 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pschrfhd a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know what "stan" stands for? I see it all the time on Twitter, and presume it is derived from "fan," but haven't figured out what it really means. Ex: when someone says they're giving a HG back their stan card...

Mysticlady

07-05-2007

Sunday, August 23, 2020 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mysticlady a private message Print Post    
I think stan means: stalker + fan. I could be wrong - just taking a guess.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, August 23, 2020 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
A really crazy over-eager fan?

ETA: That sounds right, Mysticlady!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, August 23, 2020 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/stan-2/

SLANG DICTIONARY
stan
[ stan ]

WHAT DOES STAN MEAN?
Stan is slang for someone who is a very zealous fan, especially of a celebrity or music group. Stan can also be a verb for liking something a great deal.

WHERE DOES STAN COME FROM?

The origin of stan, now widely used in fandom culture, may be surprising. In 2000, rapper Eminem released the single titled “Stan.“ The song and video are about a young man, named Stan, who is dangerously obsessed with Eminem. Stan displays his obsession in various ways, including adopting the rapper’s look, confessing to self-harm, and recording his eventual death with the intention to send it to Eminem.

Pschrfhd

05-22-2011

Sunday, August 23, 2020 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pschrfhd a private message Print Post    
Well, knowing it's Eminem-related certainly explains why I was clueless.

Thanks to all for your replies!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, August 23, 2020 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I had no idea about the origin, eiter.

Lostfan

03-10-2010

Monday, August 24, 2020 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostfan a private message Print Post    
Who is the target! Kayser or Jannel