TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 06, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2020: General Discussion : Live Feed Discussion Thread: ARCHIVES: Archives for August 06: Archive through August 06, 2020 users admin

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, August 06, 2020 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Not that I'm a tech wiz or anything...but I see a few asking about using apps and smart tv etc. I haven't seen anyone answering. Years ago we had a thread that discussed just technical problems. But I will share my limited knowledge. If you have a smart TV and have a way to download apps on your tv. Or you have a streaming dongle or device that you can get apps on...you can watch the feeds on your tv. As long as you can get the CBS app on it, whatever it is, you can watch the feeds on the cbs app. Your tv or device must be connected to your wi-fi of course. So you can have a "dumb" tv lol and make it "smart" by getting something like a a Firestick, Chromecast , Roku, Sling tv, TiVo 4k streaming etc. They are all very cheap. Also you get a TV with the service already integrated. Like TCL comes with ROKU etc. So for example, I have a Sony Smart Tv and a TCL tv. I have downloaded the CBS app on both. I suppose, but haven't tried this...you could go to the browser on the tv to go to the cbs website if you can get internet on the tv and not use the app? I have read different people having different problems on various browsers. I am able to use chrome, IE, edge all successfully. I did have an initial error in Chrome on my laptop but NOT on my phone. Figured out my laptop had ad blocker. Once I added the website to the OK list it was fine. One person asked if they could just listen to the feeds on their phone. There is no way to just get the audio without the video...but can't you just not look at the video? Half of us do that...we have it playing in the background and run over if we hear screaming or whispering. Also, looking at the app on the tv is cumbersome. If you are only watching it on tv its a is a pain to change cameras. I was happy to discovered that you can watch on more than one device contemporarily. So I usually put Quadcam on tv and use my PC/Laptop/phone to switch between cameras. The picture on my 75 inch tv is great. Since the app allows me to watch it on my phone...I cant be happier that they switched to the app! Except I miss being able to click on the cameras in Quad and switch or just be able to hear the audio on one camera only. If you have a Tivo DVR..the apps on it are proprietary and they do not allow you to download apps. But they have an VEWD app that is for tvs only. And thru that app I can have it on my phone and mirror it to that tv. I haven't investigated enough to see if I can just get a browser to go to the website or not. Hope all this helps someone. MODs sorry I'm posting here. Hope its ok, if not maybe you can create a TECH thread like we used to have and move this. It was very helpful to me when I had a question in the past.

Cathie

08-16-2000

Thursday, August 06, 2020 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
Thanks for posting, Sincebb1. I admit I looked for a β€œtechnical” thread before I posted my question a page or two up.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, August 06, 2020 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Cathie You are welcome! I am glad to help what little I can!

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Thursday, August 06, 2020 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Cody and Dani are talking around each other not wanting to say a name.

Now Dani is naming Nicole A. About ghosting N over her podcast and thinks N will be after her because of it. <EYEROLL>

πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Thursday, August 06, 2020 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
No pictures, no letter, no music for the HOH. You think that is COVID related??

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Thursday, August 06, 2020 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
From this conversation between Dani and Cody, it’s going to be the predictable noms of Keesha and Memphis, since Cody couldn’t nominate Janie and Kaysar.

Gbcole

09-20-2011

Thursday, August 06, 2020 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gbcole a private message Print Post    
So apparently Nicole A was an accidental tip off to Kaysar and Janelle because she told them (before the comp) what Cody had said to her this morning about her being good and he has some noms in mind but Cody had said something totally different to Kaysar and Janelle.

Yay Nicole A!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, August 06, 2020 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
He definitely told Nicole A she was safe.

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, August 06, 2020 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Mama if that is the reason...couldn't they at least show that stuff on an Ipad or something? If they cant have any device...then the HOH wont be posting a blog or pictures either?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, August 06, 2020 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kaysar and Nicole A bonded yesterday..

Gbcole

09-20-2011

Thursday, August 06, 2020 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gbcole a private message Print Post    
I had really hoped to like Dani this season, don't think that's going to be the case.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, August 06, 2020 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not COVID related. First HOH never gets pictures or a letter.

Last season someone was trying to get Tyler to give her HOH for pictures but he had not had any either, being first HOH.

Gbcole

09-20-2011

Thursday, August 06, 2020 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gbcole a private message Print Post    
Love this group that's talking together now

Janelle Kaysar Ian and Nicole A

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Thursday, August 06, 2020 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sea. I just heard them say that Cody got none of those.

I like Kaysar, Janie, Ian, and NicoleA as an alliance. But I also like Kaysar, Janie, Keesha, and Memphis .

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Thursday, August 06, 2020 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
In the lounge right now: Janelle, Nicole A, Ian, Kaysar, Memphis.

I would be very happy with this final 5.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Thursday, August 06, 2020 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Kumbaya, TVCH! We seem to be in so much agreement at this moment!

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, August 06, 2020 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
Sea...thanks, I thought they were saying no one was going to get it...lol

Snoopsmom

02-18-2003

Thursday, August 06, 2020 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Agree the group in the lounge is great, and fun to watch. They can play the game, but also be warm, entertaining and funny. Love that they are talking as a group of people, genuinely interested in learning about each other.
I never had much of an opinion of Memphis in his first season, but I really like him this round.

Jadajean

03-23-2008

Thursday, August 06, 2020 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jadajean a private message Print Post    
Hey, is there no BB After Dark this season?

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Thursday, August 06, 2020 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
WHY IS NICOLE F CRYING???

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Thursday, August 06, 2020 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I feel like this conversation in the lounge right now could be the start of something. Janie/Unicole/Kaysar/Memphis/Ian

Am I being overly optimistic?

Sincebb1

08-22-2005

Thursday, August 06, 2020 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sincebb1 a private message Print Post    
It seems to be the general consensus, so far, on all social media...that this is the FIRST time everyone is happy (for the most part) about the chosen HGs, set etc. And everyone is in agreement about the HGs they don't think are AllStars but they are ok. Never happened before right?

I'll remind you later when we are tearing each others limbs off and MODs are trying to calm us down....lol Kumbaya

Gbcole

09-20-2011

Thursday, August 06, 2020 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gbcole a private message Print Post    
Ian admitting he's autistic. Kaysar saying he is too although not formally diagnosed. Nicole A saying she also feels on the spectrum at least socially. Kaysar saying only the far end gets noticed as being so...I so agree!

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Thursday, August 06, 2020 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Haha, Since, as I said: β€œat this moment”

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Thursday, August 06, 2020 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
There are so many conversations happening now that we are usually deprived of.

I am so happy that I’m furloughed and can see it all unfold.