TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 19, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2020: General Discussion : General Discussion About the Upcoming Season: Archive through May 19, 2020 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, April 07, 2020 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
isnt how they usually cast? LOL!!

but seriously, thanks for reminding me because I didnt think about casting which I am sure they start doing about this time of year

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 08, 2020 - 12:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I bet They have a warehouse full of audition dvds.

They could interview remotely, background check...

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, April 08, 2020 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Yeah but not knowing where we will be in June as a country with this pandemic, I can understand

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 08, 2020 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Actually we might get a better cast if they cast the "old fashioned way" but I think the issue is more about protecting the production people.

The cast would probably be the safest people in the world, not having to shop for food, etc, they wouldn't run out of TP, LOL.

Oh but the comps I guess they could build them and then sanitize everything.

See, it just sounds way to complicated.

Sleepwalker42

07-07-2018

Thursday, April 16, 2020 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sleepwalker42 a private message Print Post    
BB not airing this summer is daft. The HG would be the safest people on the planet. They would be archetypes of social distancing

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, April 17, 2020 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
https://parade.com/983731/mikebloom/big-brother-22/

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, April 17, 2020 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
awesome news! Thanks Scoot!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 17, 2020 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
From the above posted link....

Any announcement of a premiere has been further complicated by the various shutdowns in production due to the coronavirus pandemic. The Hollywood Reporter wrote in April that CBS may be without one of its summer stalwarts due to precautions from COVID-19. However, though casting calls have been cancelled for season 22, casting director Robyn Kass has been encouraging prospects to apply online.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, April 17, 2020 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Thanks Dipo...I got side tracked LOL

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 17, 2020 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Erika, BB4 and Allstars (I think)....

EvelDick@EvelDick ·13h
Erika has COVID-19 and was very ill when I spoke to her.
I text her a couple days ago and it sounded like she was still very sick, but over the hump

She was a pilates instructor in 2003, lol. She got into casting right after that season. She has her own casting agency now. One of the shows she casts is Below Deck.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 19, 2020 - 6:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That sounds right.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, April 19, 2020 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm 99.995% sure Erika also did casting for Survivor.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 19, 2020 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Erica Landon Rich. She and her husband have Richland casting.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, April 19, 2020 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Actually spelled Erika Landin Rich :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 19, 2020 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, my autocorrect made me question myself. I did type Landin. (This time it tried to change it to Land in.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, April 27, 2020 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
You have to think they're getting close to a decision date on whether to start on time- if the timeline is like last year they would be 6 weeks from going in (and who knows how much of the house redesign they've done, if any).

Though one of the other versions started recently- Portugal is having the HG's quarantine in individual apartments for 2 weeks (doing tasks and communicating via tablet)- they then plan to test them, and if the tests come up negative, they'll enter the actual house.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 27, 2020 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Seems like those more at risk are the people in the walls. That function might be automated, but production usually enters the house at times, which means it those people are not quarantined, they could infect the house.

But with a great deal of effort, they could pull off a Big Brother.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, April 27, 2020 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
True- I think a lot is going to depend on what California does when it comes to lifting their stay-at-home order. If they lift or revise it in the next couple of weeks, they can pull it off on time.

And they have some leeway in this- I seriously doubt the fall season starts on time. It might be October or even November when they have enough new eps of their scripted shows to really get going (sitcoms probably will start first, even if they have no studio audience).

And the season doesn't have to be 99 days like the last couple of seasons- I think about 84 or so
(12 weeks) would work better. They could even get away with as few as 70 days.

A full no-go decision may not have to be made until late June I think- until they know when the fall season will start up, they need BB in their pocket to have fresh material. So if there's any chance it could be done, they'll probably go (heck, they could make some sort of a deal and use the BB Canada house- it was hardly used; maybe a US vs Canada co-production)

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, April 27, 2020 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
They're certainly going to be looking for new programing with the production of all the scripted shows currently on hold.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Well they have postponed the TAR 32 premiere until later in the year, and put in a couple of other shows...Still, I think the odds are still good BB happens, even if delayed, unless there's a big spike in California as they ease their restrictions...

https://tvline.com/2020/04/29/the-amazing-race-season-32-premiere-postponed/

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, May 04, 2020 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Update- CBS has pulled Love Island from its planned May 21st start date, but is still exploring ways to do it.

Plus with the news California may start easing restrictions this week, I’m still thinking BB might start late, but will happen at some point, unless something major happens..

Mysticlady

07-05-2007

Tuesday, May 05, 2020 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mysticlady a private message Print Post    
Big Brother: The Game will launch for iOS and Android later this year, with prizes available for series winners:

https://tinyurl.com/ya5qspq8

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, May 18, 2020 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
CBS is doing their “upfront” the next couple of days virtually, so maybe we get some news..

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Here's a quote from the CBS president:

What's the status of this season of Big Brother and Love Island?

"We are hoping to get into production for both of those shows this summer. The key difference on those shows is the turnaround time is quick. Big Brother airs live shows every week. Love Island is essentially a one-day turnaround. If we can get into production and we certainly anticipate that, we anticipate having those shows on this summer."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cbs-plots-business-as-usual-fall-schedule-now-1295186?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wow that's encouraging! It would be a great show for them to have on their schedule if they can produce it safely.