TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
20th BB Anniversary: Changes?

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2019: General Discussion: 20th BB Anniversary: Changes? users admin

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
BB turns 20 years old worldwide this week (the very first version in the Netherlands started 9/16/1999)- but our version turns 20 next year, and our "US-style" format started in season 2...and for the most part (with a few changes) the format has remained pretty much the same here.

This brings to mind the question, is there anything you would want to change about our format? Change some of the rules, maybe bring in some rules from some other countries?

My big thing has always been the Final 3 format. I just don't like the fact that one person ends up with no shot at the final part of the HOH comp, and if it ends up being 2 vs 1 at F3 the F3 can be anticlimactic (this year is a perfect case- unless there's a major shock, unless Nicole wins Part 1 or Part 2 of the comp we know she's going out in 3rd place).

My change is pretty simple- all three of the final three play all three parts of the final HOH. In Parts 1 and 2, the winner of the comp gets 2 points, 2nd place gets 1 point, last gets no points. In Part 3, each correct answer is worth 1 point, so 8 points are available there. This way even if someone has no points going into Part 3, there's still a chance for them to win.

(You could also do a variation of what BBOTT did- at F4; HOH winner gets to make a 2nd person safe, and the other 2 compete for the 3rd spot in F3; to make it exciting, you could keep the results secret until the F4 live show). Anything to make the last couple of weeks more than just by-the-numbers, we know three days in advance who's going at F4...

Bubbles_larue

07-07-2011

Thursday, September 19, 2019 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bubbles_larue a private message Print Post    
1)Do the food comps like they did prior to slop where they won the foods they could eat for the week.
2)Give them questions or comments from the jury on their gameplay before the finale so they can worry and talk about how they were perceived.
3)Give them actual penalties of some kind if they break the rules.
4)Do better background checks so you don't need to change rules because someone lied on theirs.
5) Stop casting Hollywood want-to-be actors.
6) If one of the many twists of the past flopped, don't use them again...(most likely same outcome)

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, September 19, 2019 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I would like to see them go back to basics.

go with PB&J again

HOH room is only for HOH and guests. So HGs can only being HOH room if the HOH is present, it cannot be lent out, cannot be used for others to listen to music.

When they use up all the food, then they only have basics, stop filling up the storage room and buying whatever the HGs ask for.

No more HGs who knew each other prior to going into the house.

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Thursday, September 19, 2019 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
I always liked the UK format.
1) Luxury food comps or else they get basic rations.
2) No HOH...all the house guests nominate weekly. There may be two or more on the block depending on the votes. Each house guest must give the reason why they are nominating the person.
3) House guests are not allowed to discuss nominations and if they do they get a penalty.
4) Penalties when rules are broken. It is a house penalty - not just a penalty against the rule abuser.
5) Let the viewers vote. I know this did not work for the first US BB for various reasons but 20 years later some issues are no longer issues. Do on-line voting. (Yes, can see it now that people will complain that CBS made up who won.)

Maris

03-27-2002

Thursday, September 19, 2019 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I love the UK format, so much better

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Thursday, September 19, 2019 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
Maris, I really missed UK this year both the regular and celebrity BB. I really thought another network would pick them up or that they would at least continue CBB.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert HG Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: