TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 21, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2019: General Discussion: Ranting and disconnect from the show: Archive through July 21, 2019 users admin

Mozsweetpea

06-24-2006

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mozsweetpea a private message Print Post    
Am I the only one who has lost its momentum with the show? I started watching this when I was in my teens and now I'm in my 30s. I'm just starting to feel like I'm out growing this show or it just doesn't have the same appeal to me it once did.

I was a hardcore BB I lived on the east coast and I used to stay up until 6 am watching the feeds. I slept when the houseguests sleep. My life revolved around BB(thank goodness for summer break from classes). I don't remember the last time that I ordered the feeds and watched them the whole season. I usually end up canceling them or just not bother getting them.

I haven't enjoyed many houseguests as of late. They just haven't really caught my attention. I'm not invested in the show any longer. I know that these stupid twists have been a let down for me most of the time. Sometimes I wish they would let the houseguests play without the behind the scenes manipulations. I'm so tired of the lopsided seasons. One group stays in power so much it makes the season so less enjoyable for me.

Another thing that has bothered me. I can't stand the bullying. I hate how a houseguest or houseguests are made to feel uncomfortable in the house. The BB house is all of the HGs home for however long they are there. It really just bothers me that other HGs can take things to such a personal level that it makes the next person feel uncomfortable and unwanted. Some of the HGs over the last few years have made me tune out, give up before the show ended. Last season I gave up early and just watched the finale. I liked the show more when they actually had people trying out to be on the show and not people that they find on social media or wherever.

Am I the only one that's been feeling a disconnect and not investing in the show? I just want to know if any long time viewers are feeling that way? If you are feeling disconnected from the show what is causing it?

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
No you are not alone, many feel the same way.

Kminfinity

06-29-2005

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kminfinity a private message Print Post    
Cosigning.

I've watched every season, followed online sites, had the feeds some seasons. I've never been this disenchanted with the overall show. I think a big problem is that in other "bad" seasons there were still one or two people I really liked. I don't like anyone. I feel bad for some of them, but don't actively like any of them. Maybe because the (potentially) likeable ones never had a chance to shine but were immediately on the defensive, shunted to the side, bullied, and treated badly. No one can look good in that situation.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I was a youngster in my early 50's when I frist started watching the show. And now I am as commensurately much older as Mozsweetpea is. Aiiiieeeee!!! (runs screaming from thread)

I haven't even THOUGHT of getting feeds this year, and I can't even make it through the live feed discussions and Dipo's Tweet summaries.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I don’t think I’ve ever seen the live feed discussion thread here so slow as it has been season.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
I haven't even been watching this season at all. I started but couldn't make it past the 2nd week, I simply can't get into these hg's. I hate the twists that aren't entertaining, tired of seeing hg's that are voted off that aren't really voted off, diary room running the game, and on and on. I'm putting it over in the category with The Bachelor/ette franchise of shows I don't waste my time with anymore.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Well, right now it's all of the same thing just on constant repeat.

1. Kemi is the devil, and just her breathing is driving everyone crazy.

2. Don't talk to anybody in Camp Comeback.

3. Jackson eating.

That's really what has been happening for the last 3 weeks so nobody wants to just keep posting the same thing over and over.

I think once CC is over, things might pick up. I'm just waiting to see them start eating each other.

Earthmother

07-13-2002

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Earthmother a private message Print Post    
I'm having trouble liking any of them. I like Nicole she is a nice girl but a terrible player. Right this very minute I like Ovi and David. That's about it. I don't want any of the rest to get a dime. They have proved themselves to be the nastiest group of HGS ever, and I've been here since season one. I hope the majority in that house face the backlash they deserve when they leave the house. I haven't liked hgs in the past, but I haven't been disgusted by this many in one season.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, July 18, 2019 - 1:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
There have been individual worse people (guy with The knife, but that threw chairs, Mike Boogie)

But this season has no one to actually like and admire and the gimmicky production...

The only thing of interest is some new competitions among the usual ones..

One I read, as mods must, I turn on feeds if I a. home and we are waiting to see who won a comp and I have the IHH table to maintain, so I need that info.

I do watch the shows but have not recorded BBAD for quite awhile.

I do enjoy screencap and the tweets..

Patty9755

07-18-2006

Friday, July 19, 2019 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Patty9755 a private message Print Post    
Worst cast ever!

Needmylifeback

08-13-2000

Friday, July 19, 2019 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
Nope - you are not alone..

I have yet to watch a single show... I watched the live feeds for about 4 - 6 hours over the first few days.. have not watched them since... just have to figure how to cancel my access on my tv and save $6 a month..haven't watched a single BBAD. I come here about every other day and read a few pages of feeds and confirm to myself that there is nothing drawing me in from this set of house guests.

My computer "crashed" yesterday and I have been spending the time re-setting passwords .. almost forgot this one - because I had my old one written down...but darned if I am going to give up my moniker for a new one here!! So persistence prevailed! GO ME!

I used to spend HOURS (more than 40 a week) in the early years transcribing word for word (and I had dial-up then) .. loved that time.. remember ordering specialty peanut butter (loved the one with apricots!) ..So I could eat with the house guests on Have-Not status.

But that was then.. and this is now .. and the "casting" is predictable and not as fun any more.

And so .. this is the first Summer .. that I actually have a life outside of Big Brother! (You wouldn't believe how much I'm getting accomplished!)

But, I still love and miss you guys and maybe .. just maybe .. if there is a BB season in 2020.. I'll be back.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, July 19, 2019 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I truly believe it is this cast. I liked some of the cast last season (Tyler, Kaycee, even the little guy had his moments), but this cast is just so darned unlikeable and the most unlikeable is dominant so it is even more unpleasant. I'm just following TVClubhouse and don't even make an effort to watch the broadcast shows (sometimes I will turn on PopTV but usually change channels during the commercials and forget to come back or go to sleep.

Sbku

07-07-2010

Friday, July 19, 2019 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sbku a private message Print Post    
I miss when the diary room was a place to share strategy, not to constantly repeat the instructions for the competitions.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, July 19, 2019 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Agreed!

And scripted bad jokes.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, July 19, 2019 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I miss Kaycee!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, July 19, 2019 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Me too..

This season has these guys who make my skin crawl, using women who are willing to be convinced that they love them. Nicole! Wake up!

And Kat let's this steely dyed dictator guy who bragged about sex with her, then had to "distance" himself and move on to another, who does not include you in his alliances.. Send you out as a mole to help him destroy games of the others.

And you cheerfully do his bidding.

So frustrating.

And Jess and Christie are nails on sandpaper level hard to hear.

Lafatme

06-23-2005

Friday, July 19, 2019 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lafatme a private message Print Post    
Been here since season one. The last 5 years or so have not been too interesting to me and this year is probably the worst. This is my 3rd time here at TVCH this season, I used to live here!

So basically I just watch the shows, like the people we used to put down. I like the race better now, survivor too. BB was once my addiction now I can take it or leave it.

Anyway, HI to all, maybe I'll be back later in the season.

Lmammon

08-25-2010

Friday, July 19, 2019 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lmammon a private message Print Post    
I've lost a lot of interested also. I really looked forward to it every summer, but now, it's kind of boring, they all drop the f bomb, - where do they work that they can so easily use this word??? Tired of the body builders who know that they look good - as soon as you open your mouth you turn ugly, always an older guy who we all know will not last, and the nasty girls!!!! please! Just lazy sloppy people!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, July 19, 2019 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Apparently language is not an issue in a professional workplace anymore...I was on the elevator at my office building (and the tenants above my office are a national accounting firm...and the people who are on the elevator's language is appalling. Almost every day I hear the F-Bomb dropped - and the ride is usually less than a minute!

Justalittlebean

08-15-2003

Saturday, July 20, 2019 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Justalittlebean a private message Print Post    
This season seems to be mean people.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Saturday, July 20, 2019 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I'm liking the season... the problem is the people I don't like have been in power since Night 1.

It's nice to see Cliff flip it... Once Grateful is knocked down 2-4 members things will seem better... except I struggle with Jessica... she keeps siding with ppl she shouldn't.

Skydiver6

07-21-2006

Saturday, July 20, 2019 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Skydiver6 a private message Print Post    
With all the hateful things going on in our country right now the last thing I want to do is watch houseguests target people of color, overweight, geeky or older people. I find it so appalling g and distasteful that the first three voted out were the people of color. So sick of bullies. I can not stand anyone in the “great”ful eight. Puke.

Mozsweetpea

06-24-2006

Saturday, July 20, 2019 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mozsweetpea a private message Print Post    
As a whole I'm just not impressed with the HGs this year. I wasn't that big on the cast much either last year.

I'm not invested in any of this cast winning. If there was an option to give the no eye to charity I would choose that.

May be everyone in the house are amazing people to be around outside and when you are stuck in a goldfish jar so to speak it brings out the worst in you. Sadly I understand how hard being in the house is but I just can't bring myself to care. I hate the bullying and it just seriously bothers me.

I have no problem with being strategic, calculating I don't even mind lying in the game. I just feel like when you are treating someone poorly just because you cabinet necessary. You can play this game without being mean and hateful and attacking people personally.

Out of the people that's left I don't mind Nicole or Cliff really. I don't see Nicole going far though she has to be one of the worst players since Kaysar.(I loved Kaysar).

I think this season is a fail for me. This show has turned so scripted. The last few years the diary room confessions have been anything but confessions. You can tell they make them reshoot and edit them and they really hold no point anymore. None of the diary room confessions are any clue into their gamep play or anything that has to do with strategy.

I wish this show had more diversity, not with just races but also with age. I get that their targeted audience is probably you her generations but I wouldn't mind seeing more of the older ages on the show. I don't I'm the only one who wishes they would stop getting people off social media and where ever else they look.

I always enjoy the players who are fans of the show and actually want to play the game.I only still watch this show because I got my mom hooked up on it back when I enjoyed it. So it's become our little ritual together that we always watch it together. Most the time I end up forgetting what happened on the show the moment it goes off. I'll admit I usually end up spacing out after the first10 minutes.

I'm glad to know I'm not alone with how I currently feel about this show.

Slugger

07-17-2005

Sunday, July 21, 2019 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Slugger a private message Print Post    
I have been watching since the second season. I looked forward to a summer escape. Now it is just nasty. Divisive and bigoted. Sound familiar? I check the boards occasionally, but I will probably stop that as well. It make me sad.

Cillysue2

05-01-2003

Sunday, July 21, 2019 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cillysue2 a private message Print Post    
Maybe it’s time to say goodbye to BB. I share the. Same feelings.