TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The Ratings Thread..

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2019: General Discussion: The Ratings Thread.. users admin

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
The ratings this year should be interesting, at least the first few weeks (with the different scheduling and such- and I'm really interested once Love Island starts; if it hits, does it bring up BB, if it flops, does it hurt BB..)

6/26 Tu (special night)- 4.89 million viewers, 1.2 in the 18-49 demo (2nd in timeslot to America's Got Talent- that averaged 9.97 million viewers and 1.6 in the demo from 8-10)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
If my DVR wasn't more aware than I am I would not have even known Big Brother was starting...seems that I have seen less advertising this year than in prior years.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
CBS paid a lot of money for Love Island roxip- and BB has been a reliable performer for years, so it makes sense for them do to that.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 11, 2019 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
EvelDick @EvelDick
ยท3h
I have never seen the number of viewers so low for BB before, 4.06 million. Still won the night, but..
This season has been low with most episodes at 4.5. A normal low season is 5.5ish

Love Island is doing terrible, getting beat by every show in it's time slot, except a CW rerun

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, July 11, 2019 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
They've been hurt the first couple of weeks with the schedule (having the 4th of July in the middle of the week sorta screwed things up).

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Friday, July 12, 2019 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Jeez- BB won the night in the demo, but the audience dipped below 4 million (3.99 million- which was the highest number of viewers of the night on the broadcast networks too, but not by much over Holey Moley)..I don't know if Love Island hurt it or not (2.61 million viewers, 0.6 in the timeslot, which was 3rd in both counts- which was actually pretty stable from nights 1 and 2, so there is an audience, albeit a tiny one- I do wonder what numbers will be when DVR viewing is added)

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, July 22, 2019 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Numbers have been pretty steady- though there is an issue that because of contract disputes DirecTV has pulled CBS in a ton of markets- mainly ones that have CBS-owned stations: including New York, LA, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas, San Francisco, Boston, Atlanta, Tampa, Seattle, Detroit, Minneapolis, Miami, Denver, Sacramento, Pittsburgh ,Baltimore and 117 CBS stations and affiliates on DirecTV Now (plus any CBS affiliates owned by Nexstar Media are already off because of a separate dispute)..

This might go on for a bit, as it's pretty nasty (and there's no real pressure until football season starts up in a few weeks)....

https://deadline.com/2019/07/cbs-blackout-directv-u-verse-att-contract-dispute-1202649633/

Sourir

08-28-2005

Monday, July 22, 2019 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sourir a private message Print Post    
We lost BB via Uverse last night. We turned on our DVR around 7:45 and there was that darn message.... BOO!

Lafatme

06-23-2005

Monday, July 22, 2019 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lafatme a private message Print Post    
sourir, us too!

Govols

07-18-2005

Friday, July 26, 2019 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Govols a private message Print Post    
over the years, there has been speculation of BB being canceled.
After this year, I don't see it coming back. Good time to end it if Julie's contract is up.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Friday, July 26, 2019 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
It's still doing well Govols- last week (the 15th-21st) the three BB shows were all top 5 for the entire week in the 18-49 demo (Sunday was 3rd, Wednesday and Thursday tied for 4th- Bachelorette was 1st, AGT was 2nd)- and they were the only CBS shows in the top 20 in that demo (the Wednesday ep of Love Island tied for 21st).

Kminfinity

06-29-2005

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kminfinity a private message Print Post    
The ratings seem to be holding steady, and BB wins its slot and sometimes(?) the night - but ratings are down overall from past years. I think that trend started a couple years ago and includes all of TV and reality TV in particular.

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/big-brother-season-21-ratings/

The overall ratings season by season are under the series overview subtab. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Brother_
(American_TV_series)#Season_2%E2%80%93
present

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I thought it had already been renewed for next year.

Kminfinity

06-29-2005

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kminfinity a private message Print Post    
Overall, down by appx 25%. Not yet renewed.

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/big-brother-cbs-cancelled-renewed-season-22/

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, August 12, 2019 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Well last night had the best ratings in a while- 4.7 million viewers and 1.2 in the demo..

And remember that the Wednesday show is moving back to 8pm, which might help a little..

Debbieeeee

09-15-2005

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debbieeeee a private message Print Post    
DISH Network has not had CBS since like the 2nd week of the season

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Insert HG Name

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: