TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 18, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : USA 2019: General Discussion: Important Notice Regarding TVCH: Archive through June 18, 2019 users admin

06-29-2002

Friday, June 14, 2019 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Moderator a private message Print Post    
Important Notice Regarding TVCH

We're Moving! We've been advised that the server we are currently using is being discontinued due to old age. This means that in order for TVCH to continue, we have to move to a new server.

What does that mean to you? Well ... fortunately not much. :-)

Thanks to our wonderful technical expert Draheid's hard work and preparation, we'll be making the move this Sunday June 16th. That means that any posts made after 6:00AM board time on Sunday will not appear on the new server as that is the time of the backup Draheid will use to migrate over. Once the backup is restored he will install the secure certificates and redirect the DNS to the new server.

So we will lose a few posts from Sunday morning and when the move happens, you may not be able to find us for awhile. If you are on Facebook, you can get updates here:

https://www.facebook.com/TV-ClubhouseTVCH-152419238147812/

Your old bookmarks may or may not work. You may have to delete your saved cookies (name and password) and resave them.

So we're not disappearing.

However, this also means, we need your help!

We currently have just enough money to cover the expenses for this move but we don't have anything further for the future. Please remember that we provide the board for free with no advertising and the entire Moderating Team works on a volunteer basis.

So donations to maintain the board are always greatly appreciated. 100% of these donations go toward maintaining the board. We have a Paypal account where you can contribute. As always, we appreciate anything you can do! You do NOT have to have a Paypal account to contribute, however, you do have to have a credit card. It is secure and safe!

Please click on the following link, if you would like to make a donation:

https://tvclubhouse.com/donate.html

We hope to continue our little community for as long as there are members!

Thank you!

The TVCH Moderating Team

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Friday, June 14, 2019 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Done! Thanks for keeping the board alive!

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Friday, June 14, 2019 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
I am happy to contribute. I only use the board during BB, but BB would not be the same without you all. I met some of my best friends to this day on this site!!

Mamapors

07-29-2004

Friday, June 14, 2019 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamapors a private message Print Post    
Ohhh the look of the board changed already.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, June 14, 2019 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yes, we decided to change it now. When it goes back to the old way, THAT will mean you are on the new server.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 14, 2019 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Great timing! Before BB starts.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, June 15, 2019 - 12:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Thank you to all those involved in making this place run so smoothly.

I just made my donation. 🤗

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 15, 2019 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks everyone! :-)

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Saturday, June 15, 2019 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Done! You guys are the best. Truly.

When every other website on the planet has pop-ups, embedded ads, paywalls, etc., you have remained pure and people-oriented. Going on TWENTY YEARS now!

This community is a labor of love, and I feel so lucky to have found you in those first days of BB1.

Even though I may not post year-round, I do check in from time to time outside of summer, and I’m always impressed with the respect and civility here, even in the “News and Views” section. Especially in these turbulent times.

Thank you all, for all that you do.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Saturday, June 15, 2019 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I also want to thank all the folks who post here, as well, because you make is so much fun to chat, complain, vent, and just generally have fun.

This is like a safe port in the social media storm.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 15, 2019 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thank you for all the donations and the super nice comments. We (the mod team) do this because we love this community and it’s so nice to hear that others feel the same way.

Eroica

07-28-2005

Saturday, June 15, 2019 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eroica a private message Print Post    
Let the games begin !! Donation made and snacks bought>

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, June 15, 2019 - 11:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

Even though I may not post year-round, I do check in from time to time outside of summer, and I’m always impressed with the respect and civility here, even in the “News and Views” section. Especially in these turbulent times.

You made me both laugh and cry, Rosem. I think this my (going on?) 20th year here also. I had just retired very young with a fully vested law enforcement pension. We had the Hatch Act when I worked for the guv, and I never in my wildest dreams imagined myself posting in the News and Views threads. LOL.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Sunday, June 16, 2019 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Put in a few bucks too..amazing the server lasted so long..

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, June 17, 2019 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Done, and thank you TVClubhouse for being a great site!!!!

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, June 17, 2019 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
finally was able to donate, thank you for all your facts, opinions and kindness!

Cathie

08-16-2000

Monday, June 17, 2019 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
Donation made, well worth it for a nice familiar place to come to!

Layla_ga

07-05-2010

Monday, June 17, 2019 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Layla_ga a private message Print Post    
Hello All!!
Donation gladly made!
In a world gone "Bonkers", it is comforting to know that I can come here each summer to get my Big Brother Fix and see familiar "faces". I don't post very often, but I consider you all my "Summer BB Family".
Thank you Moderators for all of your work.
It is greatly appreciated!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 17, 2019 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Thank you, awesome TVCHers!

Granny2b

07-07-2009

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granny2b a private message Print Post    
Done! Thank's again for all you do for us!

Reader234

08-13-2000

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
When I visit other sites (for me reality Steve has the most pop ops). I’m reminded how comfy this place is, many things factor in to that, most of all the people... so I also joined the community of giving, it’s not much but I truly appreciate all you do for me!

Kminfinity

06-29-2005

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kminfinity a private message Print Post    
Is there a way to donate without using Paypal?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Kminfinity, Paypal is just the payment processor. You don't have to have a paypal account. You do have to have a credit card. Thank you for wanting to help!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Paypal is the only way to donate. However, you don't need a Paypal account or anything fancy like that. You just need a credit card.

Kminfinity

06-29-2005

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kminfinity a private message Print Post    
Thnx! Will do.