TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 29, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Big Brother : UK 2018: BB - Summer Season - September 2018: General Discussion: Archive through October 29, 2018 users admin

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Tomas is evicted. Of course Akeem is saved by Big Brother.

Amy

07-10-2002

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
The 7th housemate evicted is Tomasz!

Amy

07-10-2002

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
It doesn't surprise me that Tomasz was the one to go because he was at the bottom of the viewers poll this week.

Spunky, how was Akeem saved by big brother?

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
There are no more favorites in this game, I just hope Akeem doesn't win, for the rest of them I don't really care who wins and I'm very glad this BB is almost over.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Amy, from the start Akeem was the 'darling' of this Big Brother and they will make him win the game. I'm sure of that (Lewis was just in the way).

Amy

07-10-2002

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amy a private message Print Post    
Wow, double eviction next friday.

Meggieprice

07-09-2001

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meggieprice a private message Print Post    
Sorry folks- over and out for me- I liked Lewis and Tomasz and I don't want to watch Akeem win- headed over to Survivor and life lol. Cheers to all of you!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Cheers Meggie, sorry to see you go.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I feel sad for Tomasz, he really was a good friend to everyone whenever they needed it, and so wanted to be in the final. He gets to be on BOTS though, which he'll enjoy.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
OMG Tomasz lost 2 stone 9. That's 37 lb to the un-stone-initiated.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The double eviction on Friday is from the vote to WIN, which opened tonight. No more nominations.

Any guesses?

I'm guessing Cameron will win and Sian will be out first on Friday. Not sure about the order of the others but I'll go for 2 Akeem, 3 Zoe, 4 Brooke, 5 Cian.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Thanks Meggie for your input. Have fun in your other distractions. BBUK is definitely over since it's the last one.

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
mmmmmmm..well Lewis definitely did not get thrown out for use of the 'c' word. I find they use that as much as the 'f' word. I also read speculations that it was an ethnic slur or a homophobic slur. It will be interesting to see if we get any information from the show on Sunday. I for one was not sad to see him go.

I know Meggie said she is gone but will respond to a comment she made. I don't think BB is setting up Akeem to win at all. I think he was probably saved this week by people voting out people they don't like and Tomasz was just not likable to a lot of people. If BB is setting up anyone to win, I think it is Cameron. Actually, I believe they were setting Lewis up for the win until Channel 5 made BB get rid of him. (I read that BB wanted to keep him but Channel 5 insisted).

Oh, and Spunky, I'm not so sure this is it for BBUK. It's not over till it's over.

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I agree with your ranking although I see Akeem and Zoe ranking as interchangeable.

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
I like what Tomas said on BBBOTS about Akeem. Akeem as playing the game and not people.

Spunky I just don't see where BB made Akeem the 'darling' of BB. Since Akeem won the most coins at the start of the game (by grabbing coins that fell) and was first in the leader board, he was the one chosen by BB to read out rules or announce challenges. If any other housemate had been first in that first challenge, they would have been the one who got the additional camera time.

I don't even know who I want to see win at this point but I will be sorry to see the show end. I hope another network decides to take BB.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think what's been unusual about these guys that apart from a few (and luckily they have "vote to evict" back, so that got rid of them) they are all basically decent people, just with a variety of flaws, like most of us.

And I think most of us would be, after 50 days in a house with no escape and other people in close proximity, it just wears you down. So Cameron's grumpiness turns to moaning, Lewis's anxiety turns to paranoia, Brooke's politeness turns to short temper. Zoe's just needs space and normality. Doesn't make them worse people, just makes them human.

The people who have fared better emotionally are those who saw this more of a game than an experience. Like Akeem who's become more human and open, and Tomasz, who had a nice blend of lightheartedness and caring, mixed with a game plan.

So I think it's been a good season. I like watching normal people with flaws.

Meggieprice

07-09-2001

Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meggieprice a private message Print Post    
I actually did not say BB is setting Akeem up to win- just that I do not wish to watch him win lol. I think someone else said that...
I will be checking in here to see what is happening- just wont be watching. <3

Spunky

10-07-2001

Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I was saying that Meggie, but it doesn't matter anymore. Looks like Lewis was actually liked by the Big Brother producers, as Kitt explained, but Channel 5 did not appreciate racist or sexual slurs. We will never see what really happened because I'm pretty sure Lewis was provoked by Akeem hoping to get Lewis removed. They won't show that, (they could blank the words) but the fact that they won't show it, it's suspicious. Looks like Brooke was pissed as well, maybe for Lewis ruining his own game. The fact that Lewis doesn't get to be interviewed by Emma and by the Bots guy and doesn't get to be edited in the farewell video is robbing the viewers who liked Lewis. Blast channel 5, what bunch of losers!

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
No one who has ever been removed from the house has ever been interviewed by Emma or Rylan - - this was not a personal vendetta against Lewis.

Big Brother didn't like racial slurs when they kicked out that girl (no memory of her name) the first day or two for something she wrote on social media when she was 14 so if Lewis did say something racist he damn well should have been removed from the house. However, someone in Lewis's family tweeted that what was said was not racist.

Seriously Spunky what did Akeem ever do to anyone in that house, let alone Lewis, for you to think he provoked Lewis? The fact that Lewis said in his 'apology' that he did not mean to offend anyone and that it was a 'slip of the tongue' shows what is in his heart. One does not have a 'slip of the tongue' if it isn't something they think in the first place. He also said he wasn't sorry for what he said because he didn't mean to offend anyone. WHAT does that mean?

Both Emma and Rylan said we will see more of what happened on Sunday. I don't think they wanted to take away from the eviction show by airing what happened that day. Maybe we will see something, maybe we won't. I think it is interesting that Lewis has not said anything since he left the house. It would seem to me that if he felt he was provoked by Akeem he would be shouting from the rooftops. After all, Lewis is the one the spewed his dislike for everything and many in that house.

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
Meggie...my bad...sorry

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't be that quick to judge Lewis. He might get angry and paranoid, but I think it's been clear he tries to be inclusive of everyone and doesn't have any sort of hate for groups... maybe specific people, but not groups.

His family's twitter says:

quote:

Official Lewis F BBUK @FbbukO 17h17 hours ago

Please do not believe all the allegations that Lewis was asked to leave due to RACIAL, SEXUALITY or HOMOPHOBIC comments. I can confirm this was NOT what happened. He’s fine and in good spirits and once he’s caught up with his family he will be reaching out to you all x x x

The original supposed "leak" I saw said he used a word that is now considered a slur, but is still pretty common. I think I'm allowed to say it here, but "Paki," which used to be the word to say someone was from Pakistan, kind of developed into a slur in the UK over the years for cultural reasons. Lots of Pakistani people came to the UK in the 60s and 70s and were referred to, quite legitimately back then, with that word. But more immigration over the last 20 years has meant that other south Asians and Middle Eastern people arrived, and they just kept being referred to as P even though they did not come from Pakistan. Over time, people realised how hurtful that could be if you were not from Pakistan, and how this was beginning to sound like an alternative for "brown person," ignoring individual identity, and the word Asian became the correct word to use instead, and the P word came to be considered a slur.

What twitter was saying early on, was that Lewis called Akeem a P... C..., and said in anger like that I can see how Ch5 wanted him kicked out. To me it is borderline, just because the change in whether the word is allowed or not is so recent, and because it is still commonly used regardless, unlike much worse words like the n word or something. BB/Ch5 might have drawn the line because as far as we know Akeem is not Pakistani, so it plays into the "brown person" part of it.

Anyway, if that leak was correct, I wouldn't judge him too harshly, even though I can see why he was kicked out. And it is consistent with his family's claim that it wasn't a racial slur, as it's an ethnic one.

The other story going around some of the newspapers/rags is that he said something to Cameron like “When we get out of here, we’ll sort you out with some Auschwitz” when he meant to say outfits, like his brain just got the wrong word. I cannot believe that is true, that they'd kick him out just for saying a word, in no bad context whatsoever, and I wonder if that was just someone who heard that happen, and speculated that that was why he was kicked out when it wasn't.

Maybe they'll tell us tomorrow.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Remaining live tv shows. Note that the clocks fall back in the UK tonight whereas we don't until next week. So as a result the shows for this week will be an hour later for us. I've corrected for this, and the times I give below are for Pacific Time, so do your usual to covert to your time zone.

Sun28 3.30-5pm BB

Mon29 3-4.05pm BB
Mon29 4.05-5.10pm BOTS

Tue30 3.15-4.15pm BB
Tue30 4.15-5.15pm BOTS

Wed01 3.30-4.30pm BB
Wed01 4.30-5.30pm BOTS

Thu01 3-4.05pm BB
Thu01 4.05-5pm BOTS

Fri02 3-4.30pm BB: Double Eviction
Fri02 4.30-5.15pm BOTS

No Saturday show

Sun04 1-2.30pm BB

Mon05 2-3.20pm BB Final
Mon05 3.20-4.30pm BOTS

Spunky

10-07-2001

Sunday, October 28, 2018 - 6:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I still think Channel 5 are a bunch of losers!
Thanks Kitt for that interesting info.

Sassyza

09-03-2009

Sunday, October 28, 2018 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassyza a private message Print Post    
Kitt - - thanks for your perspective and for sharing what you have read. I truly hope we find out what he said because to me it just doesn't make sense since past housemates have been given warnings for much worse (Rodrigo saying the "N" word immediately springs to mind even though he didn't use the word in anger it was still wrong.)

I don't like Lewis and not sad to see him gone but hope he was treated the same as anyone else in the house. After they threw out that girl for something she wrote on social media four years ago, I imagine it would be very hard for BB to let anything go and if they were willing to let it go, Channel 5 would not.

Meggieprice

07-09-2001

Monday, October 29, 2018 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meggieprice a private message Print Post    
Did they say anything on Sunday show?